Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings (518 Views)

Only Evil People Are Against Govt Fighting Hoarding Of Food / Buhari: Only Those With Integrity Will Make My Next Cabinet / Southerners Have Dumped Buhari, Only Ignorant North Supports Him – Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by Ecstasy154(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says only evil-minded people will accuse him of condoning killings being carried out by suspected herdsmen.

Addressing a Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) delegation from the 19 northern states at the presidential villa in Abuja on Thursday, Buhari said no right thinking individual will think that having secured substantial votes from the areas affected by the crisis, he will turn around to harm the same people.

Buhari also said those accusing his administration of doing nothing to stop the killings are being unfair.

He reiterated that killings did not start with his administration but he was doing everything to end it.

“When some (people), for clearly political purposes, attempt to suggest that this government is doing nothing about the killings, and that I, being Fulani, must be encouraging these satanic acts, it seems to me that there is no limit to the evil in the minds of these men,” he said.

“Otherwise, how can anyone in their right minds suggest that I, as an elected President even with substantial votes in the affected areas, will for any reason do harm by an act of omission to those same people?

“Secondly, the problems in all these areas, as you all know, are historical. There is no administration that has not had to contend with killings in these same areas over the years.

“Indeed, in 2001, you may recall that after thousands were killed in Plateau State, a state of emergency was declared and a governor was replaced by an administrator.

“To suggest that our administration is doing nothing is terribly unfair. We must not forget that the same Plateau state which has been crisis-ridden for years has in the past three years been celebrated for its peacefulness. The governor’s hard work for peace and the presence of the military’s Operation Safe Haven must have had some impact.”

Buhari told his guests that his administration had deployed extra special forces from the military in the troubled zone.

He also told the Christian leaders that the military and police had many suspects across the various flash-points in the region and several prosecutions were ongoing.

“The recent killings in Benue, Zamfara and lately Plateau are wicked, condemnable and completely unacceptable acts. We, Nigerians, are religious people and no religion or culture accepts the killing of people for any reason whatsoever,” he said.

“This is why we must all rise as one to condemn these vile and wicked acts to ensure that all the culprits are brought to justice.

“We owe it to the memory of those who lost their lives in the violence in Plateau, Benue, Nasarawa, Taraba, Zamfara and elsewhere since 1999 to bring the conflicts to a decisive end. I assure you that we will do this.

“Let me make it clear that even a single life lost in any part of the country is one too many. I came to office vowing to ensure the protection of lives and property, and I remain committed to this despite the challenges we have experienced.

“I, therefore, seek your support as clerics and religious leaders to join hands with this administration and give us your full support. As you all know, deploying law enforcement agencies is fully our responsibility as a government while creating the platform and mechanisms for dialogue is a collective effort.

“The military and police have arrested hundreds of suspects across the various flash-points in the region and several prosecutions are going on. In a number of cases, we have seen convictions.

“Nigerians are right when they say they want to see more convictions and I would like to appeal to the judiciary to help us fast-track these cases.”

He said the stakeholders included the media in whose hands he said lies the power to “frame, shape the perspectives and narratives which influence the thinking of millions of people within and outside Nigeria.”

“Finally, let us collectively shame those who are stoking the fires of ethnic and religious conflicts for their short-term political gains,” he said.

“This country belongs equally to Christians and Muslims and even those who claim ignorance of God.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-evil-minded-people-say-im-condoning-killings/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by SalamRushdie: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
Believe that man at your own peril

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by aolawale025: 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
So what are you sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by kernel508: 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
Innocent te√rrorist!
Immaculate De°vil

Fool*ani Buharary. cheesy
Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by micchi(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
I no blame abokis I blame Britain that make them look intelligent because they agreed to continues holding Nigeria backwards embarassed
Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by Gloriousgud: 11:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
will you just shot that deceit words of yours. Mr.president

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by dawno2008(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2018
Ogbeni,

Oga Ade,,,

I swear down your surname na

Buhari Fatai Failure angry

Na before you dey fool us

Now we don know you,

Oga Ade, you be confirm FAILURRREEEEEE

Rubbish,you dey form undecided

No worry,your eyes go open [size=8pt][/size]

Wetin we do jona dunce go small near your disgrace

Blood sucker demon
Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by dre11(m): 6:10am On Jul 06, 2018
When those Fulani herdsmen were killing day by day....he never shown concerns until its has dawn on him that he is fast loosing the populace goodwill that he now came with such weak defense

This government is full of deceit..... Trust them at your peril
Re: Buhari: Only Evil-minded People Say I’m Condoning Killings by EzzyIzzy: 6:15am On Jul 06, 2018
Yes, you are not behind killings,yes the killings didn't start in your administration, all agreed! But what have you done differently to stop such occurrences. The fact that 3 local governments were under attack for 3 whole days and soldiers were not sent to stop the carnage,nor mobile policemen drafted immediately to stop this orgy of violence started shows us that you are not in control of the situation. And thereafter no one has been sacked, no one has been arrested? What then is the essence of government? All we get are excuses and explanations! The buck stops at your table, Mr President.

(1) (Reply)

Serious Tension In Ekiti / Money Rain In Ekiti As PDP, APC Entice Voters With Cash / Ekiti : They Are Boasting In The Power Of Abuja, But We Are Boasting In The Powe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.