Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,326 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians (789 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Since any false representation of God is tantamount to IDOLATRY, then it is of great importance that there should be no any iota of confusion regarding the identity of God. However, this is not the case in Christianity. Unlike Qur'an, Bible is not consistent with the identity of God. If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place.
John1:1 declare:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Here we see that THE WORD = GOD In John 1:14, it states "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us." Here we see again that JESUS = THE WORD. Simple logic declares that if A=B and B=C then A=C. Therefore, since JESUS = THE WORD and THE WORD = GOD, then JESUS = GOD . This is one of the many biblical evidence used by Trinitarian Christians to prove that Jesus is God.
Since we have seen how the book of John established that Jesus is God, let us now investigate whether the remaining part of the Bible support this claim or not.
1. Jesus was praying to the Father and he said; "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the "ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ? If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then hopefully the Christians might still want to argue that Jesus is also God just like his Father. However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will continue to shatter the hope of those who want to believe that Jesus is God. This verse is the strongest evidence put forward by Jehovah witnesses to prove that Jesus is not God.
2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God , then which God was he referring to when he said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God have another God?
3. Also Luke 6:12 says "He (Jesus) went out to the mountain side to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God" . If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself ?
4. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God?
5. Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? No one is good, but one, that is God”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and then submit that all goodness belongs only to God?
6. Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. Remember Jesus did NOT say: "you believe in Father, believe also in me". He said : "you believe in God, believe also in me”. Therefore, if Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God?
7. Finally in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his lack of knowledge about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to the Father? Can God be lacking anything as regard to knowledge?
As you can see, there is no way we can reconcile John 1:1,14 (which teaches that Jesus is God ) with other verses of the Bible that dispute this claim. Despite the fact that Trinitarian Christians and Jehovah witnesses are using the same Bible; yet they differ in their belief regarding the identity of God. The former believe that Jesus is God while the latter believe that Jesus is not God. Have you now seen that the main cause of this discrepancy is the Bible itself. This is the reason why Jehovah witnesses were forced to change the translation of John 1:1 to " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god" . They change the clause "and the word was God" in all other versions of the Bible to "and the word was a god" in their NWT Bible. Therefore, by refering to Jesus as a lesser "god", they managed to run away from the problem of calling Jesus God.
However, as they managed to run away from the problem of accepting Jesus as God , they were unable to run away from the problem of accepting him as "master worker of all creation" . In other words , like other Christian denominations, the Jehovah witnesses also believe that God created everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . They believe that God did not create anything EXCEPT Jesus. That is to say: God created Jesus, then it was Jesus that created all other things including the heavens and the earth. So according to their claim, Jesus is the immediate Creator of all things. That God created everything through (or by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only found in the books written by Paul and John;
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM ALL THINGS CAME and through whom we live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and for him ( Colossians 1:16).
THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ; without him nothing was made that has been made (John 1:3)
But is it really true that God assigned the creation of heavens and earth to Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say about this matter ;
"This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth BY MYSELF (WHO WAS WITH ME ?) (Isaiah 44:24 KJV, NWT)
"MY OWN HAND laid the foundations of the earth, and MY RIGHT HAND spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. (Isaiah 48:13)".
It is I who made the earth and created mankind on it. MY OWN HANDS stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts (Isaiah 45:12)
"For My HAND made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD ( Isaiah 66:2)
“To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing… Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. (Isaiah 40:25–28)
As you can see from above, Paul and John proclaimed that God delegated the creation of all things to Jesus Christ. But God Almighty declare that He created all things ALL ALONE, BY HIMSELF, BY HIS OWN HANDS AND NOBODY WAS WITH HIM. What better words do we want God to use before we can believe that He created the heavens and the earth without the assistance of anybody ? If a man hires a contractor as his agent to build a house, could the man say that he built the house “ALL ALONE” and "BY HIS OWN HANDS" without lying? So could God Almighty have lied about creating the heavens and the earth by His own hands while He actually used another distinct person as His agent to actually do the creation for Him?
Besides, who want to know or care that one true God exist if not for His act of creation? The only reason why we label all the idols as " false gods" is because they did not create anything and that is the reason they did not deserve our worship. Therefore, it is quite true that all the worship and glorification we give to God originate from the fact of being the Creator of all things . In other words, the STRONGEST REASON why God deserve our worship, praises and glory is because He was the one that created us and all other things that exist (See Psalm 95:6, 96:4-5, 139:14, Revelation 4:11, 14:7). Does it now make sense to believe that God assigned the creation of all things to another person given that it is through that very act of creation He deserve our worship and through it we acknowledge His existence ?

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 8:54am On Jul 06, 2018
Hence, if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely heavily on the words of Paul and John or any other person and therefore insist that God assigned the creation of all things to Jesus Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because the REASONABLE RESPONSE OF THE CREATURE IS TO WORSHIP THEIR CREATOR as we have established above. Yet, only God deserve to be worship. This is exactly the reason why God would never delegate the creation of things to any other person other than Himself as He clearly stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)". In fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24 quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable evidence that God did not employ the service of anybody during the creation of the heavens and the earth ! But sadly enough, the Christians still prefer those fallible words of men (which they believe to be inspired by God) to those infallible words of God that came DIRECTLY from God's mouth. Is this not the high time for the Christians to question their belief that the WHOLE of the Bible is an inspired word of God? Here we can see how Paul and John contradict God Almighty on the issue of creation; a very important matter!
The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above, there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption. Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation. The only solution to this problem is to expunge all those fallible words of men from the Bible while allowing the DIRECT words from God's mouth to stay. But then, what are we to say about the authenticity of the WHOLE Bible ?
Have you now agreed with me that the problem of "Who is God ? and who is the creator ?" is yet to be resolved in the world of Christianity . This is a FOUNDATIONAL problem that can never be overlooked. As we all know, any beautiful mansion that is erected on a very weak foundation is bound to collapse! This problem alone, if properly understood, is enough for any sincere seeker of truth to have preference for Islam over Christianity.
Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistent regarding the identity of God ; it is consistent in establishing that God is God and He is the creator of all things, and that Jesus is neither God nor the Creator but a mighty prophet of God who was born miraculously by virgin Mary.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no other name the authors used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah. What these Christians suppose to do is to investigate whether the description and identity given to Allah in Qur'an actually tally with that of God Almighty. Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.
“O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.
I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth and not (even) their own creation, nor was I to take the misleaders as helpers (Qur'an 18:51)
And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations (Qur'an 6:83-86).
O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).
When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).
We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)
As you can see, all the personal pronouns in all the verses of Qur'an cited above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God.

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by sarahade(f): 8:58am On Jul 06, 2018
Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 06, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Hence, if Jehovah witnesses and other Christians rely heavily on the words of Paul and John or any other person and there6fore insist that God assigned the creation of all things to Jesus Christ, then Jesus deserve their worship because the REASONABLE RESPONSE OF THE CREATURE IS TO WORSHIP THEIR CREATOR as we have established above. Yet, only God deserve to be worship. This is exactly the reason why God would never delegate the creation of things to any other person other than Himself as He clearly stated above: "BY MYSELF( Isaiah 44:24)". In fact, the question at the end of Isaiah 44:24 quoted above - "WHO WAS WITH ME ?" present in some versions of the Bible (including NWT Bible of Jehovah's witnesses) is an indisputable evidence that God did not employ the service of anybody during the creation of the heavens and the earth ! But sadly enough, the Christians still prefer those fallible words of men (which they believe to be inspired by God) to those infallible words of God that came DIRECTLY from God's mouth. Is this not the high time for the Christians to question their belief that the WHOLE of the Bible is an inspired word of God? Here we can see how Paul and John contradict God Almighty on the issue of creation; a very important matter!
The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above, there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption. Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation. The only solution to this problem is to expunge all those fallible words of men from the Bible while allowing the DIRECT words from God's mouth to stay. But then, what are we to say about the authenticity of the WHOLE Bible ?
Have you now agreed with me that the problem of "Who is God ? and who is the creator ?" is yet to be resolved in the world of Christianity . This is a FOUNDATIONAL problem that can never be overlooked. As we all know, any beautiful mansion that is erected on a very weak foundation is bound to collapse! This problem alone, if properly understood, is enough for any sincere seeker of truth to have preference for Islam over Christianity.
Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistent regarding the identity of God ; it is consistent in establishing that God is God and He is the creator of all things, and that Jesus is neither God nor the Creator but a mighty prophet of God who was born miraculously by virgin Mary.

There are some Christians who want to argue that Allah is not God. I will only advice these Christians to get a Bible translated in Arabic language. They will discover that there is no other name the authors used for God except Allah ( the same spelling with that of Qur'an). Since God is the originator and creator of all languages, there is nothing wrong if God use Allah for himself in Quran given that Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language and there is no any other name that Arabs used for God other than Allah. What these Christians suppose to do is to investigate whether the description and identity given to Allah in Qur'an actually tally with that of God Almighty. Reading those verses of Qur'an quoted below are enough to convince you that description and identity of the speaker (Allah) tally perfectly with that of God Almighty, the God of Israel.
“O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone (Qur’an 2:40-41)”.
I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth and not (even) their own creation, nor was I to take the misleaders as helpers (Qur'an 18:51)
And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations (Qur'an 6:83-86).
O My servants who believe! Certainly, My earth is spacious. Therefore worship Me and Me alone. Every soul shall have a taste of death. Then to Us you shall be brought back (Qur’an 29:56-57).
When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close to them. I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he called on Me. Therefore, let them also obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be walked in the right way (Qur’an 2:186).
We did not send before you (O Muhammad-pbuh) any messenger but We inspired him that there is no God beside Me; therefore worship Me (Qur’an 21:25)
As you can see, all the personal pronouns in all the verses of Qur'an cited above can never be referred CONTEXTUALLY to any other person except God.
When did God ordered or permitted Polygamy since HE arranged for one man and one woman(Adam and Eve) in the beginning? Who is the first CRIMINAL to alter the arrangement? Please answer with the Quran!
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2018
Irrelevant to the topic of discussion. Pls accept Islam. This is the only way you can be saved from the probem of foundation we have in Christianity.
Oneness pentecostal believe that Jesus is God and the same as God the Father .Trinatarian Christians believe that Jesus is God but not the same as God the Father. Jehovah witnesses believe that Jesus is not God but the creator. Despite the fact that all the three religious group are using the same Bible, they differ greatly as regards to identity of God and the Creator. Don't you see that the main cause of this PROBLEM is Bible itself as each group can cite biblical verses to defend their position. Yet God is not the author of confusion!

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Irrelevant to the topic of discussion. Pls accept Islam. This is the only way you can be saved from the probem of foundation we have in Christianity.
Oneness pentecostal believe that Jesus is God and the same as God the Father .Trinatarian Christians believe that Jesus is God but not the same as God the Father. Jehovah witnesses believe that Jesus is not God but the creator. Despite the fact that all the three religious group are using the same Bible, they differ greatly as regards to identity of God and the Creator. Don't you see that the main cause of this PROBLEM is Bible itself as each group can cite biblical verses to defend their position. Yet God is not the author of confusion!
You're canvassing people to trust and believe the Quran,which was written 600 years after Jesus,you also say the Bible that Jesus met part of it is no more authentic and that Islam the religion established by Muhammad 600 years after Jesus is what everyone should be practicing now. So it's relevant my friend to ask you questions that any reasonable person would ask me if i'm claiming to believe in a God i've never seen before just because i read a book. If i must prove soundness of mind then i should be able to answer how God arranged for one man and one woman from the beginning but later chose to be partial towards one specie!

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
Your aim is just to divert our attention from the main topic of discussion. Let address the issue mention in the post. Do you agree with all the points I raised in the post or not? Have you dropped your belief in Jesus as "master worker of creation" or not? These are very important issues. When we are done with this, then we can talk about the one you mention. But be informed that polygamy started in the Bible. Why did God create Adam before Eve and not the other way round? Have you forgotten that woman was created FOR the man? So where is that partiality on the side of God? You are yet to get my belief as far as the Bible is concerned. My belief is that Bible is a mixture of truth and falsehood. There are part of the Bible that is plainly the word of God without any doubt. Yet there are part which are plainly the word of men without any doubt. But the major problem you are having is that you want to swallow both the hook and the sinker. Yet there is no any verse coming directly from God's mouth that says the whole of the Bible is "MY WORD" because the word "Bible" is no where to be found inside the Bible.
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Your aim is just to divert our attention from the main topic of discussion. Let address the issue mention in the post. Do you agree with all the points I raised in the post or not? Have you dropped your belief in Jesus as "master worker of creation" or not? These are very important issues. When we are done with this, then we can talk about the one you mention. But be informed that polygamy started in the Bible. Why did God create Adam before Eve and not the other way round? Have you forgotten that woman was created FOR the man? So where is that partiality on the side of God? You are yet to get my belief as far as the Bible is concerned. My belief is that Bible is a mixture of truth and falsehood. There are part of the Bible that is plainly the word of God without any doubt. Yet there are part which are plainly the word of men without any doubt. But the major problem you are having is that you want to swallow both the hook and the sinker. Yet there is no any verse coming directly from God's mouth that says the whole of the Bible is "MY WORD" because the word "Bible" is no where to be found inside the Bible.
No room to entertain external questions to quantify your book Well case closed tongue tongue tongue
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by enilove(m): 3:07am On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:

Which parts of the Bible are words of God and which ones are not ?

Is the Quran not the words of men? Prove it , if you can.

For example , does the below surah looks like God's words to you ?
Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَدْخُلُوا بُيُوتَ النَّبِىِّ إِلَّآ أَنْ يُؤْذَنَ لَكُمْ إِلٰى طَعَامٍ غَيْرَ نٰظِرِينَ إِنٰىهُ وَلٰكِنْ إِذَا دُعِيتُمْ فَادْخُلُوا فَإِذَا طَعِمْتُمْ فَانْتَشِرُوا وَلَا مُسْتَئْنِسِينَ لِحَدِيثٍ ۚ إِنَّ ذٰلِكُمْ كَانَ يُؤْذِى النَّبِىَّ فَيَسْتَحْىِۦ مِنْكُمْ ۖ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَسْتَحْىِۦ مِنَ الْحَقِّ ۚ وَإِذَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُنَّ مَتٰعًا فَسْئَلُوهُنَّ مِنْ وَرَآءِ حِجَابٍ ۚ ذٰلِكُمْ أَطْهَرُ لِقُلُوبِكُمْ وَقُلُوبِهِنَّ ۚ وَمَا كَانَ لَكُمْ أَنْ تُؤْذُوا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَلَآ أَنْ تَنْكِحُوٓا أَزْوٰجَهُ ۥ مِنۢ بَعْدِهِۦٓ أَبَدًا ۚ إِنَّ ذٰلِكُمْ كَانَ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ عَظِيمًا
"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab: Verse 53)

This is not a revelation from God but the words of Muhammad to discourage people from sleeping with his wife.

READ THE ABOVE CAREFULLY SO AS NOT TO BE DECEIVED BY THE DEVIL.

About the divinity of Jesus , I have told you be4 that Jesus is God and he is our Creator .Jesus is different from God the Father , who is greater than Jesus . This you can read from the Bible with simple understanding.

John 8:56-59 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad.
[57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

The Quran also said Jesus created a bird using the mud and it flew. Does that not make him a God?

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by true2god: 7:50am On Jul 07, 2018
enilove:

Which parts of the Bible are words of God and which ones are not ?

Is the Quran not the words of men? Prove it , if you can.

For example , does the below surah looks like God's words to you ?
Allah SWT says:

يٰٓأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا لَا تَدْخُلُوا بُيُوتَ النَّبِىِّ إِلَّآ أَنْ يُؤْذَنَ لَكُمْ إِلٰى طَعَامٍ غَيْرَ نٰظِرِينَ إِنٰىهُ وَلٰكِنْ إِذَا دُعِيتُمْ فَادْخُلُوا فَإِذَا طَعِمْتُمْ فَانْتَشِرُوا وَلَا مُسْتَئْنِسِينَ لِحَدِيثٍ ۚ إِنَّ ذٰلِكُمْ كَانَ يُؤْذِى النَّبِىَّ فَيَسْتَحْىِۦ مِنْكُمْ ۖ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَسْتَحْىِۦ مِنَ الْحَقِّ ۚ وَإِذَا سَأَلْتُمُوهُنَّ مَتٰعًا فَسْئَلُوهُنَّ مِنْ وَرَآءِ حِجَابٍ ۚ ذٰلِكُمْ أَطْهَرُ لِقُلُوبِكُمْ وَقُلُوبِهِنَّ ۚ وَمَا كَانَ لَكُمْ أَنْ تُؤْذُوا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَلَآ أَنْ تَنْكِحُوٓا أَزْوٰجَهُ ۥ مِنۢ بَعْدِهِۦٓ أَبَدًا ۚ إِنَّ ذٰلِكُمْ كَانَ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ عَظِيمًا
"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab: Verse 53)

This is not a revelation from God but the words of Muhammad to discourage people from sleeping with his wife.

Mohammed (peace be upon me) was a very insecure man and did not trust his sahabas (disciples) with his wives. He ensured that his sahabas did not come close to any of his wives and in the same surah 33 ayah 53 allahh (Mohammed's messenger) made it lawful for the greatest apostle of all time to marry any woman of his choice under his shadow. allahh served prophet Mo' so well.

One of the greatest commentary of the Qur'an, Ibn Kathir, explained that this ayah was revealed partly because one of the sahabas asked permission to marry Aisha, after the death of the prophet (since Aisha was still very young), and again Mohammed's sahabas would always stay behind chatting with some of the wives of the prophet (after meals are served). This made Mohammed uncomfortable but he didn't know how to confront them so allahh (as always) came to the rescue again by revealing surah 33 ayah 53.

The implication of this ayah was that the sahabas MUST limit their coming to the house of the prophet, and MUST also limit the time they stay in the house of the prophet (especially after meal). And the most important, to the prophet, no man was to marry any of his widow after his death.

The prophet of Islam did not trust his sahabas when it comes to their relationship with his wives (and sex slaves). Understandably, he was a jealous man and he suspected that some of his sahabas might want to be sleeping with his wives since one of the sahabas had the boldness to suggest marrying Aisha after his (Mohammed) death.

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 07, 2018
I No Want Talk
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2018
Mr Enilove, you are not feeling shame. Despite all the seven biblical verses I cited in my first post to prove that Jesus can never be God, you still have the audacity to call him God. Honestly you have been blindfolded spiritually . You only make me to remember this Qur'anic verse ;َ

And even if We had sent down unto them angels, and the dead had spoken unto them, and We had gathered together all things before their very eyes, they would not have believed, unless Allah willed, but most of them behave ignorantly(Qur'an 6:111)

Do you even know that one of the great attribute of God is unchangeabilty. That is, nature and essence of God cannot be changed. God has no begining; therefiore God did not create Himself. If God is the creator of Himself, then He can change Himself to become man or any other thing He wills. This is exactly the reason why invisible God cannot become visible Man like Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2018
Suratul Ahzaab verse 53 you quoted above is not a conclusive evidence that Prohet Muhammad(pbuh) fabricated the Qur'an. The vague resemblance between the great apes and homosapiens is not a conclusive evidence that evolution is true.

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by true2god: 11:29am On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Suratul Ahzaab verse 53 you quoted above is not a conclusive evidence that Prohet Muhammad(pbuh) fabricated the Qur'an. The vague resemblance between the great apes and homosapiens is not a conclusive evidence that evolution is true.
You have been islamically brainwashed. If you step outside Islam, you will agree with me that surah 33 ayah 53 is nothing but the personal opinion of Mohammed ascribed to an imaginary allahh, who never existed outside the quaresh tribe of mecca. Read that ayah to an independent mind and he will tell you the same. There is nothing divine if I ask my friends to stop visiting my house when it is 10pm at night. There is nothing divine in me asking my friends not to come to my house if I'm not at home. However Mohammed, to brainwash his fellow primitive Arabs, would tell his sahabas that allahh asked him to pass those information to them and they will believe him hook, line and sinker. Why? ....because thy lack critical thinking. The only sahaba that remotely had critical thinking was Abdulla ibn sarr ibn Abi Sarr, the foster brother of Uthman ibn Affan, the 3rd rightly guided khalifa, one one of the scribes who wrote that the Quran.

Abdulla ibn sarr, having notices that the alleged revelations Mohammed claimed to be receiving from an imaginary allahh was nothing but Mohammed's own desires and opinion, apostatized, left Medina and went back to Mecca to tell the Meccans that Mohammed's revelations were fake (you can get this information from sirah rasool allah by ibn Hisham).

So back to Qur'an 33:53, it is not rocket science that this was 100% Mohammed's opinion and desires. assala malekum bro!

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Sorry Mr Gaffaru, evolution is not the topic of discuss but authenticity of your Quran,as i have earlier tried to alert you to this coming dilemma. I tried to warn you that before throwing stones you should first secure your glass house so that when others start throwing in return you will be able to withstand it. So keep defending your book while i sit down enjoying the show. grin grin grin
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by enilove(m): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Mr Enilove, you are not feeling shame. Despite all the seven biblical verses I cited in my first post to prove that Jesus can never be God, you still have the audacity to call him God. Honestly you have been blindfolded spiritually . You only make me to remember this Qur'anic verse ;َ

And even if We had sent down unto them angels, and the dead had spoken unto them, and We had gathered together all things before their very eyes, they would not have believed, unless Allah willed, but most of them behave ignorantly(Qur'an 6:111)

Do you even know that one of the great attribute of God is unchangeabilty. That is, nature and essence of God cannot be changed. God has no begining; therefiore God did not create Himself. If God is the creator of Himself, then He can change Himself to become man or any other thing He wills. This is exactly the reason why invisible God cannot become visible Man like Jesus.

You are not honest with yourself. I asked you whether the Quran is the words of GOD as per surah 33:53 which I quoted , but you decided to negnect it.

You believe in Islam but cannot defend its doctrines and its books , which are the bases of your belief.

You don't understand spiritual things , yet you are arguing and would not reason with facts presented to you.

All the biblical verses you posted above do not make sense. You quote too many verses which make it impossible for anyone to answer you.

IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT , POST ANY 3 REFERENCES TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM THAT JESUS IS NOT GOD . AND I WILL PROVE TO YOU THAT YOU LACK SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING. AT THE SAME TIME ANSWER QUESTIONS ON ISLAM WHENEVER ONE IS THROWN AT YOU.
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2018
Is it possible
that Qur’an was deliberately fabricated by
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? It is a well known
fact that he can neither read nor write. Qur’an
29:48 says; “Neither did you (O Muhammad) read
any book before this Qur’an, nor did you write any
book with your right hand. In that case, indeed,
the followers of falsehood might have doubted.”
Now If this verse is a great lie and the prophet
could read and write, how could he have
comfortably called
himself illiterate in the Quran especially in the
presence of his close relatives and friends who
knew him very much?
WOULD YOU LIE TO YOUR PEOPLE ABOUT THE MATTER YOU KNOW THEY ARE WELL ACQUINTED WITH? WOULD DOING SUCH A THING WILL EVER COME TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ARE THERE TO FALSIFY YOUR CLAIM? Now given that he was truly an illiterate, then how could he
have fabricated many verses and plagiarized the
Bible and then come up with such an eloquent
book like Holy Qur’an? Before he could come out
with any fabricated or plagiarized verses of the
Bible or chapter and recite it to the hearing of his
companion directly from memory, he must have
written down the verses, memorized them and
rehearsed the recitation many times in private.
Yet all these activities are impossible for an illiterate person. We have
never heard it in history that an illiterate person
authored a book. Again, there are some occasions
that Qur’an rebukes the prophet on certain
issues. Once, the prophet was deeply engaged in
trying to explain Islam to one pagan leader. He
was hopeful that he would accept Islam. But,
suddenly, the prophet was interrupted by a blind
man who wanted to learn the Qur’an from him.
The prophet did not like that interruption and this
was seen on his face. He turned away from this
blind man and continued his act of preaching to
this pagan leader. After a little moment, the
prophet received the revelation of some verses
which admonished and corrected him for this
action of neglecting the blind man. These verses
are as follows: He (the prophet) frowned and
turned away. Because there came to him the
blind man. And what would make you know that
he (the pagan leader) would purify himself or
become reminded so that the reminder should
profit him? As for him ( the pagan leader) who
consider himself self sufficient, to him you give
attention. And no blame is on you if he(pagan
leader) would not purify himself. But as for he
(the blind man) who came to you striving (for
knowledge) while he fears Allah, from him you
turned away (Qur’an 80:1-10). If the Qur’an was
fabricated by the prophet Muhammad (pbuh),
such a reproachful speech against him would not
be found in the Qur’an. Furthermore, there was a
certain instance when the prophet was rushing in
his attempt to grasp the revelation. He was in
haste and he did not allow the Angel Gabriel to
finish before he would start his own recitation.
Therefore, God commanded him as follows; Move
not your tongue concerning the Qur’an to make
haste therewith. It is for Us (God) to gather the
Qur’an in your chest and to give you the ability to
recite it. Therefore when We have recited it to
you, follow its recitation. Then it is for Us (God)
to make the Qur’an clear to you (Qur’an
75:16-19). In another place, God says; And be
not in haste with the Quran before its revelation
is completed to you (O Muhammad pbuh) and
say: My Lord increase me in knowledge (Qur’an
20:114). If the Holy Qur’an was fabricated by the
prophet, all these kind of verses- commanding
him not be in haste but to listen carefully and
also giving him confidence over the ability to
recite the Qur’an- would not be found on the
pages of the Qur’an.

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Jesus was praying to the Father and he said;
"And this is eternal life, that they may know You,
the ONLY true God, and Jesus Christ whom you
have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was
referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the
"ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ?
If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then
hopefully the Christians might still want to argue
that Jesus is also God just like his Father.
However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will
continue to shatter the hope of those who want
to believe that Jesus is God.
2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to
have said “I am ascending to my Father and your
Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is
God , then which God was he referring to when he
said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God have
another God? Please I did not say "can god have another God?" My question is Can God have another God?

3. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My
Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why
is he having someone greater than him? Can
anybody be greater than God? Now answer all the questions under these three verses and then explain spiritually or logically how God can become Man

1 Like

Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by true2god: 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Is it possible
comfortably called
knew him very much?
Would you lie to your people about the matter you
know they are well acquainted with? Now given
that he was truly an illiterate, then how could he
Yet all these activities would be very difficult, if
not impossible, for an illiterate person. We have
pages of the Qur’an.
I am sorry bro, I don't think you have a critical thinking skill because of all these 'ninbo-jumbo' write-ups that are incoherent and that make no sense. No matter how you try to spin it, it doesn't just make sense to any reasonable person.

Aisha, the 6-yr old bride of Mohammed, said in one of the hadith of Bukhari, about Mohammed:

'It seems your Lord always hasten to fulfil your desires'.

If Aisha, who spent 9-yrs with Mohammed and who Mohammed died under her arms, observed that Mohammed was making up a convenient revelation to suit his peculiar need, how can you say otherwise? Was Aisha, the so-called mother of the believers, wrong about Mohammed while you are right? Think outside the box man; don't allow 'religious' emotion to becloud your sense of reasoning.

We have read your Quran, your hadith, your sirah and your sunnah (especially Abu Dawood) and come to the conclusion that Mohammed is nothing but a power-hungry, materialistic and and an Arabian warlord bent on conquering and plundering other people who have a dissenting view of him and his religion (Quran 9: 28-30).

I think you should spend more time and energy explaining Islam to the gullible and the uninformed.
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by true2god: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was
referring to another person (i:e the Father) as the
"ONLY true God" , then how could Jesus be God ?
If Jesus did not use the word "ONLY", then
hopefully the Christians might still want to argue
that Jesus is also God just like his Father.
However, the word "ONLY" used by Jesus will
continue to shatter the hope of those who want
to believe that Jesus is God.
2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to
have said “I am ascending to my Father and your
Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is
God , then which God was he referring to when he
said ; "my God and your God" ? Can God have
another God? Please I did not say "can god have another God?" My question is Can God have another God?

3. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My
Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why
is he having someone greater than him? Can
anybody be greater than God? Now answer all the questions under these three verses and then explain spiritually or logically how God can become Man
Do you believe that Jesus called God his FATHER? What is the implication of that statement and how does it affect Islamic theology?
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by enilove(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Is it possible
comfortably called
knew him very much?
WOULD YOU LIE TO YOUR PEOPLE ABOUT THE MATTER YOU KNOW THEY ARE WELL ACQUINTED WITH? WOULD DOING SUCH A THING WILL EVER COME TO YOUR MIND WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR RELATIVES AND FRIENDS ARE THERE TO FALSIFY YOUR CLAIM? Now given that he was truly an illiterate, then how could he
Yet all these activities are impossible for an illiterate person. We have
pages of the Qur’an.

Are you trying to say an illetrate cannot lie?

The process was like this :

Muhammad used to request the assistance of the literate who wrote down whatever he told them he received from Allah .
Muhammad was an Arab who could speak the Arabian language fluently . So , what then is special about his oral language that people wrote down for him ?

Example :
Volume 6, Book 61, Number 512:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Al-Bara:

There was revealed: 'Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and those who strive and fight in the Cause of Allah.' (4.95)

The Prophet said, "Call Zaid for me and let him bring the board, the inkpot and the scapula bone (or the scapula bone and the ink pot)."' Then he said, "Write: 'Not equal are those Believers who sit..", and at that time 'Amr bin Um Maktum, the blind man was sitting behind the Prophet . He said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is your order For me (as regards the above Verse) as I am a blind man?" So, instead of the above Verse, the following Verse was revealed:

'Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame etc.) and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah.' (4.95)

Can you see that Muhammad just added to what he wanted Zaid to write down as a revelation because the blind man reminded him of his condition . His first revelation wouldn't have include "except those who are disabled". Did Allah not know that some people were disabled until the disabled man reminded him?

Even the the recitations were contradictory:

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 682:
Sahih Bukhari :
Narrated Ibn Mas'ud:

I heard a person reciting a (Quranic) Verse in a certain way, and I had heard the Prophet reciting the same Verse in a different way. So I took him to the Prophet and informed him of that but I noticed the sign of disapproval on his face, and then he said, "Both of you are correct, so don't differ, for the nations before you differed, so they were destroyed."
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by enilove(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
have sent (John 17:3)" . If Jesus himself was....

The word God or god is like a title and is a common noun , that is , it is not a proper noun like JOSEPH .
God is used for a perfect and all - powerful Spirit or being that is worshipped.

Jesus Christ has a Father who is greater than him in everything and that was why Jesus referred to his Father as the "only true God ". A father is greater than the son , so also God the Father is greater than Jesus the Son. Jesus is not contesting rank with his Father.A son cannot come to life or come into existence without the Father , the same with Jesus Christ. God created him b4 anything was created.
God the Father and Jesus were both the Creators of the everything.

John 1:1-3 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] The same was in the beginning with God. [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Proverbs 8:22-30,35-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. [23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. [24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord . [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That was why Jesus could give sight to the blind, heal the leper , raised the dead of 4 days , cast out the devils and created a bird from an ordinary mud.

If a god can have a God , why can't God have a God ?
A vice president is a president who has a president.

It was part of the reasons Jesus was killed :

John 10:33-39 KJV
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. [34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? [35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; [36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? [37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. [38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. [39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Anas09: 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
Wow. the shamelessness. We shd accept islam and become what? Murderers? I'd accept your sword than worship allah whom you know is satan but still worships
him
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Primesky(m): 1:32am On Jul 08, 2018
One of the worst misrepresenteas of God is Mohammed himself!.

If you examine the life of Mohammed from the many texts available, you can only deduce:

He was a warlord who acquired booty, women and power through endless campaigns against neighbouring villages;

He personally took part in beheading Jews;

He tortured Kinana, the leader of the Khaybar Jews for treasure, then had him beheaded;

He then raped Kinana’s young wife Safiyya that same night and passed women around as booty;

He treated captives as slaves and people of the book as second class citizens;

He had a poetess murdered because he did not like her poetry;

He maintained women are deficient in intelligence and are the property of a man;

He stoned women to death for adultery, even though Jesus had banned the practice;

He married a six year old girl named Aisha and consummated the union when she was only nine years old. This has consigned a similar fate to millions of young Muslim girls ever since;

He encouraged his followers to handle young girls which today is considered paedophilia;

He gouged out men’s eyes, cut of hands and feet as punishment for minor offences;

He enshrined slavery in Islam and over 100 million in Africa alone were victims of Islamic slavery.

He condoned four wives for men and unlimited concubines;

He allowed a man to divorce his wife in a trivial manner;

His teachings have led to a rape epidemic in western countries as Muslim men receive no penalty under Sharia law for raping an unbelieving woman;

He taught his followers to break the Ten Commandments of Moses even though he acknowledged Moses as a prophet.

Do you still call someone like this man a prophet of God who should be followed?. No wonder he said he doesn't know where he's going or what will become of him.

With all these Abdugaffar22, I think the first thing to do now is to know the real God, accept Jesus Christ as Lord and personal saviour and be baptized. The confusion you're talking about stays only with those who do not have the Holy Spirit to guide them. It's not a big deal. Repent and receive Jesus Christ today.
Re: Where Jehovah's Witnesses Get It Wrong With Other Christians by Abdulgaffar22: 9:09am On Jul 08, 2018
pls let the holy spirit direct you to solve these major problems associated with Christianity before you invite anybody
1. Problem of "who is God? and who is the creator?"
2. Problem of " illogical and contradictory doctrine of All-Knowing, All-powerful and All-merciful God who could not see any other way to save those who sincerely believe in Him except to physically and spiritually condemn ( Galatians 3:13) His innocent and beloved son ( Yet the Old Testament prophets, who happened to be among the same children of Adam, were able to receive salvation without Jesus crucifixion)".
3. Problem of "Jesus being sent only to the Israelites ; (Matthew 15:24, 10:5-6, 19:28. Compare Matthew 28:19 With Acts 10:28, 11:19, Galatians 2:7-9, 1st Peter1:1 and James1:1)"
4. Problem of "Jesus' private appearance to Paul" not being foretold to the original apostles: ( Compare Matthew 24:23-28, Luke 10:18 With Acts 22:6-9. Compare Genesis 17:9-14, Luke 2:21 With Galatians 5:2-4, Acts 23:12-14. Compare Acts 21:18-31 With Acts 26:1-8, 19-21, Romans 3:7. Compare 2 Corinthians 12:16 with Jeremiah 48:10)"
5. Problem of "the WHOLE Bible not being endorsed by God ; (the word "Bible" is no where to be found inside the Bible)".

(1) (Reply)

100 Pieces Of Advice From The Qur'an / Catholic Diocese Of Uyo Ends Her First Week Fasting And Prayers. / Alcohol Is A Very Effective Dissolving Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.