Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium (2331 Views)

Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / Ahmed Musa Gives Woman 250,000 In ASABA. Was Looking For Menial Job In Stadium / Maradona Kissing A Blonde Lady In Stadium While France Thrashed Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by teddynaijaboy: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
The Croatian national team are obviously having a wonderful 2018 World Cup in Russia, and their President is also having a splendid time as a fan.

The President of Croatia Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, traveled for the world cup in the economy class like an ordinary fan, and didn't watch the match from V.I.P section.

Grabar-Kitarovic flew economy class to Russia on July 1 and even featured in a joint picture with other passengers onboard the scheduled flight. She stressed her desire to demonstrate that she is a football fan "like everyone else."

The Croatian president arrived just on time for her team’s clash against Denmark in Nizhny Novgorod. Grabar-Kitarovic had earlier received her fan ID for the World Cup 2018 and watched the game not from a luxury stadium suite, but from the stands together with other ordinary football enthusiasts.

She said;

"I wanted to showcase that I am a football fan, like everyone else; I wanted to support the team among other fans in the stands.

I put on a shirt with national symbols, whereas the dress code in the VIP zone, which usually presupposes long gowns, wouldn’t have permitted such an outfit."

After the final whistle, which signaled Croatia’s win over Denmark, she entered the team’s changing room to give them a heartfelt hug. She congratulated the footballers and the lead coach on their triumph.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/croatian-president-flies-economy-class-to-world-cup-sits-with-other-fans-in-stadium/

Lalasticlala

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Anigreat: 1:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by phr33man(m): 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
If Sai baba tries this, I doubt if he will come out alive.

8 Likes

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Tolexander: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2018
If a President is well accepted and popular with his people, there is no need to feel unsecured being with them.

1 Like

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by thesicilian: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Would you want Buhari to sit near you?
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Tolexander: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
phr33man:
If Sai baba tries this, I doubt if he will come out alive.
Nothing will happen.

The tournament is in Russia and not in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by ajahinnousa(m): 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
What s the business of an old man whose only concern is about his cows with football

1 Like

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Karlovich: 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2018
while the jihadist was strategically planning with herdsmen on how to wipe out the middle belt. it shall never be well with him. useless bastard son of Niger miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Milf....she's really gorgeous....na so so old cargo we dey always want for naija

1 Like

Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Alwaysking: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
Kai see as she make brain, my type of woman not those useless naija girls.
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
blond. MILF. MATURE. Clothed. REALITY. If you know, you know
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
Good. All men are equal. But you've got to understand how Croatia system works before you thumb her up. She's only respecting the system that makes her lives humbly among her citizens. Not puffing up as come with our leaders. Buhari on the other hand, is also living in respect to what the constitution provides for him grin

Have you ever read the constitution?? If you had, you would blame Buhari less. grin

We should burn it! It'd filled with Albudulsalami's Scūm cry
Re: Croatia President Flies Economy Class To World Cup, Sits With Fans In Stadium by decatalyst(m): 12:01am On Jul 07, 2018
Is their President a female?

Cuz nah only beautiful ladies I dey see for that picture. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Valencia Vs Juventus: Referee Mark Clattenburg Explains Why Ronaldo Was Sent Off / WAFU Cup: Rangers Vs Mighty Barrol (Liberia) 5 - 0 (uche nwofor 3,kabiru,egwim) / Is It Possible To Play Premier Lotto Online (baba Ijebu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.