Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,806 members, 7,813,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays (18654 Views)

This Is Why Nigerians Do Not Deserve Financial Help From Fellow Nigerians (pics) / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life / London Based Nairalander Excited About Going To Watch Chelsea Next Home Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Empiree: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
beejayvince:
For some people, Fridays are considered sinister days. This is particularly due to the "Friday the 13th" talk all over.

For Nigerians however, Friday has now been seen as a party day. It is a day many Nigerians look forward to, knowing there will be one party or the other. It does not matter that Nigeria is "terrible" enough in itself. Nigerians make the most by learning to enjoy it.

But is partying the only reason Nigerians get excited about Fridays? Of course not!

Here are 5 reasons why Nigerians look forward to - and get excited about - Fridays.

1. Friday marks the last working day of the week.
This may not be correct for every organisation, but most corporate offices close for the week on Friday. The workers do not have to go to work again until the following Monday. Of course, that is something to look forward to.

2. Fridays are party days.
Nigerians like to party, and Friday has become the unofficially official party day. It is a day to go out with the "boiz" or with the "galz". Various clubs have caught the fever, and have special parties on Fridays.

3. Weekend starts on Friday.
After work closes on Friday, weekend starts. Nigerians no longer wait till Saturday to enjoy the weekend. So, for a number of Nigerians, they start their weekend activities on Fridays. Movies especially seem to do well on Friday evenings.

4. Friday is the last day of school.
Not only the working class look forward to Fridays. Students do so too. They get excited, knowing that school closes for the week on Friday and they don't have to go to school again till Monday. This may not really work for higher education students though.

5. Friday is Juma'ah.
Fridays are not all about partying. A number of Nigerian Muslims specially look forward to this day for worship. Typically, Friday is to Muslims as Sunday is to Christians - a special day of worship. So, Muslims generally look forward to it.

See full gist in link below. Is there any point you think should be added? Do place a comment.
https://www.nigerianindex.com/5-reasons-why-nigerians-get-excited-about-fridays/

Shaking My Head. Why did you miss this, or it doesn't apply to Nigeria?.

Friday Is Payday

Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Yuneehk(f): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jonasbadoo:
lol i can attest to that
Pavore9:

We dey do assignment on the way to school on Monday mornings! cheesy
Look at them. Unserious, and playful students of their generation.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Pavore9: 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yuneehk:

But we made it, we global now. cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Jonasbadoo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yuneehk:

so, you haven't done it before ? hypocrisy and Nigerians are like bread &butter
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Yuneehk(f): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jonasbadoo:
so, you haven't done it before ? hypocrisy and Nigerians are like bread &butter
That was a joke so keep your insults to yourself undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Yuneehk(f): 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
Pavore9:

But we made it, we global now. cheesy
That's the most important thing jare smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by b5ive(m): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yewandequeen:
grin
hello, I noticed you based in Ibadan. It would be a pleasure to get to make new friends in IB. Awaiting ur response..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Jonasbadoo(m): 9:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
Yuneehk:

That was a joke so keep your insults to yourself undecided
you are pretty-oh it's an INSULT,i guess i should keep that to my self too
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by nwaguy01: 9:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
I cant imagine a week without friday...e dy sweet me die..waking up by 11am on sat
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Gkemz: 10:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
In my former workplace, there's no resting day even on Saturdays and sometimes on Sundays during stock taking and sometimes when new stock enters as one had to work oneself up so as to impress the boss who doesn't care about the welfare and safety of his employees.

Now that i have mine and can decide when to rest and when to enter hustle and now also i have the opportunity to attend church weekly programs that i couldn't do before. Thank God the profit i make in 3days is what i normally used to earn in a month before.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by AustineE1: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
for some of us is AP night,for those who understand,typing straight away from the AP!
More like thankGod today is friday!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Pavore9:
During my primary and secondary school days. on fridays by the time it hits 12noon, school don close for my mind till Monday! cheesy

Ur head dey there, me go just start my weekend from break time.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 07, 2018
I love Fridays that are next to environmental Saturday, na to sleep non stop till anytime be that.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by caesaR2: 1:16am On Jul 07, 2018
Listen to my hit love song "GLADIATOR."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2UXmnbWhag
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by Chigeorge2015(m): 6:43am On Jul 07, 2018
Thank God it's Friday!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays by lastmaster(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2018
Punna Gladiators love Fridays

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Return His Phone After Receiving A 2k Bribe From You? / Enter Quickly: Airtel Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat! / Acquire A Tangible Skills/handwork Here And Become Your Own Boss This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.