Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m (4042 Views)

Ojuelegba Crash: Victims’ Family Sues Lagos, FRSC, Others For N10bn / Kingsley Kuku Denies Fleeing, Sue Newspaper For N500m / Redeem Christian Church And Mountain Of Fire Sues Lagos State Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by AloyEmeka5: 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2010
Baby sues Lagos for failed surgery, demands N500m damages

Tony Amokeodo

A two-year-old baby, Master Samuel Oji, has dragged the Lagos State Health Service Commission before a Lagos High Court in Igbosere, following his alleged claim that the LSHSC at its Apapa General Hospital performed a failed surgery on his head.

advertisement

In a suit filed through his next friend, Mrs. Rosemary Oji and Mr. Sunday Oji ( the parent of the minor), the claimants are also demanding N500m damages from the LSHSC for alleged grievous harm and pain caused by its negligence and breach of contract.

The claimants had also in the writ of summons by their lawyer, Mr. O J. Adejumo, joined Dr. A Idowu; Dr. M. O. Tijani; Dr. Awosika; Dr. Sanusi; and Dr Mohammed Salisu (LASUTH) as co-defendants to the suit.

The first claimant (Mrs. Rosemary Oji) had claimed that she had had one daughter through a caesarian section at the said Apapa General Hospital prior to the birth of Samuel on July 15, 2008.

She added that during a medical check up, she was told that she could not be delivered of her baby except through surgical intervention.

She ,however, alleged that the doctors that comprised the surgical team lacked the requisite professional training to perform such a complicated surgery, as she claimed that they inflicted a deep cut at the back of baby Samuel's head.

The claimant further alleged that the handling of the caesarian section was negligent, saying that the agents of the LSHSC, the nurses, midwives, and attending physician did not discharge their duty of care to her and baby Samuel.

She also claimed that the development had led to a situation where baby Samuel is experiencing complex seizure disorder capable of delaying his cerebral maturation.

She further alleged that baby Samuel's growth and development was abnormal, saying that he could not achieve the usual child development like sitting, crawling, walking, talking and mental agility that LASUTH diagnosed him with Spastic Diplegic cerebral palsy.

No date has been fixed for the hearing of the case.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/9/820.html
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
Oh my gosh!

How evil can people be?. . .

I don't get why people can be so devilish at times.
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by AloyEmeka5: 1:40am On Jun 10, 2010
Who are the devilish people here?; the 2 year old money hungry baby or Lagos state?
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 10, 2010
@topic
grin cheesy grin
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by AloyEmeka5: 1:59am On Jun 10, 2010
FL Gators:

@topic
grin cheesy grin

Why are you laughing; igbo pikins ehn  grin grin grin grin grin

Asking for N500M at age 2. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by puskin: 2:49am On Jun 10, 2010
I fink the child's name will soon enter the Guinness Book of Records!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by sley4life(m): 11:42am On Jun 10, 2010
What a headline !
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by kemisuga(f): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2010
Wonders shall neva cease shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Ajike: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2010
Who are the devilish people here?; the 2 year old money hungry baby or Lagos state?  

Can you pls explain wot u mean by that?
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Borat1: 11:48am On Jun 10, 2010
Another stupid topic from the always stupid aloy-emeka
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by goldylucks(f): 11:49am On Jun 10, 2010
pls if dis is by any means TRUE,something needs to be done to remedy this lil boy's fate
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by ud4u: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2010
This is not a play, the report needs attention
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by skyndyp(f): 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
I don't see what is funny here. This is another case of negligence by our so-called professionals.
Imagine the life that poor baby will live because of an avoidable mistake. God will help him to grow into a normal adult.
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by mckayne: 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
wat a world! shocked
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2010
nice one there ithink if people start taking things up that way our so called health practitioners will be serious abt there job.imagine wot they cause dat boy out of there negligence. grin grin grin
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by ezugudor(m): 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ do u now dis is not funy.mean they wicked the young guy
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by ezugudor(m): 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
@ skyndyp, amen ooob no mind those amateurs that call thems pros
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by wazobiang: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
this is a life long heartbreak. i pray they grab something from the idiots.
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by romsky: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2010
the #500m isnt enough for the lads critical condition

if he were your son, cousin or watever wldnt u do more?
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by AloyEmeka5: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2010
romsky:

the #500m isnt enough for the lads critical condition

if he were your son, cousin or watever wldnt u do more?

Can you prove the condition was due to negligence?
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2010
naija 4 you
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by candylips(m): 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2010
good development
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by ositadima1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
@alloy-emeka dont be silly it has nothing to do with being Ibo,if the story is true then suing is the best option.
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by jokingmary(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Oh my gosh!

How evil can people be?. . .

I don't get why people can be so devilish at times.

who is devilish here?

ositadima1:

@alloy-emeka dont be silly it has nothing to do with being Ibo,if the story is true then suing is the best option.

yeah
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by ifebunmi: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2010
This is serious,.]
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
lolz. . . very soon its an unborn Baby we'll hear. lmao  grin
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Tcrack(m): 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2010
everybody wan sue. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by Ojumiii(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2010
i will sues my parents for given birth to me in NIGERIA

I fill sorry for the child
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by reindeer: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
Money hungry folks!
I wonder how they hope to match a cut to the head during an emergency caesarean section to spastic diplegic cerebral palsy.that story will sure sell with those who don't understand cerebral palsy as a condition. . .
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by chelseabmw(m): 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
Very soon i will also sue nairaland.seun take note.This time it will be $1 billion dollars
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by dominique(f): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
so the average Nigerian now knows the power of litigation, organisations should better beware.
are the parents trying to be cute or what. of course it's them suing the government not the baby. for them to able to get a fraction they're suing for, their lawyers have to prove that the doctors were deliberately careless with the procedure. hope they get sneaky lawyers, like the types we see on the practice grin
Re: 2-yr Old Baby Sues Lagos State For N500m by samnaija: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
reindeer:

Money hungry folks!
I wonder how they hope to match a cut to the head during an emergency caesarean section to spastic diplegic cerebral palsy.that story will sure sell with those who don't understand cerebral palsy as a condition. . .
prof pls tell us what cerebral palsy is you 2 sabi. that cut could be responsible. cerebral palsy (cp) can be brought about by diff things infections or direct damage to the brain thereby slowing development of the brain in the child. non the less if cp did not evolve a new born baby having a cut on his head sounds decent 2 u abi, maybe na ur new style for traditional marks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Visit To Maidugiru Was A Learning Process & Not For Negotiations - OBJ / Who Is The President Of Nigeria? / The Biafran Storm Is Circling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.