Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Noise Pollution By Religious Bodies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noise Pollution By Religious Bodies (527 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / BREAKING NEWS ****** APC Registration Knocked By Religious Fever. / Lagos Govt. Moves Against Noise Pollution By Churches, Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Noise Pollution By Religious Bodies by evil666(m): 2:17am On Jun 10, 2010
Following government’s directives and subsequent sealing off of some religious buildings in Lagos State, over the blaring of their loud speakers, some religious bodies still disturb residents through their activities.

The disturbances usually occur whenever they have services. This is because they place their loudspeakers outside and the noise that emits from them disturbs residents. More annoying is when they hold vigils and they increase the volume of the loudspeakers, thereby denying residents their sleep.

For instance, Al-Afis Muslim Society at Saala/Arejogbo road in Ishaga area of the state and Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries in Isheri/Berger area of the state, are culprits of this offence. Whenever they hold services, the noise that emanates from their speakers disturbs residents.

In Ishaga, the Islamic body would also increase the volume of the speakers when it plays only cassettes while the MFM in Isheri/Berger has turned every other day to vigil.

Residents therfore appeal to these religious bodies to consider them since the areas where they operate are residential.

“We are not saying they should not carry out their religious activities but they should understand that this is residential area. Sometimes when you want to rest after the day’s work it becomes abortive because the noise from the loudspeakers would not allow you.”

“In my area, the noise is so bad that you will think the loudspeakers are placed inside my room. In fact, what they say has now become everyday music used by my children in the house. I’m not canvassing for any religion body to be sealed up but they (religious bodies) should caution themselves. They should view themselves as residents who wanted to rest in their own home but couldn’t just because some people must carry out their religious activities,” lamented residents.

http://independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=15096

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kris Okotie Joins Presidential Race / Lets Jonathan Rule 2011 (3g) / Are Men And Boys Now 'endangered Species' In Mushin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.