Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

My Complain To Banks. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Complain To Banks. (675 Views)

What Is Happening To Banks? Can't Receive Money Sent To Me / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest / New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Complain To Banks. by chrisxxx(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2018
I have made this suggestions to my banks but nothing seems to be coming out of it. It is the danger of using phone to check balance and the banks not asking for password. This means anybody could pick up your phone if misplaced dial the short code and pop your account balance is shown. It means also if the account owner is in danger same can also be used even if being held. Just pick anyone's phone that has an account with say First bank, dial *894*00# there and then his balance will pop up before you. This should not be so. It exposes the account holder to risk.
My idea is that banks should enable password request when balance is requested through short codes.
Re: My Complain To Banks. by kingphilip(m): 10:17am On Jul 07, 2018
this is sure a nice suggestion

you should try passing it across to them on their social media pages

1 Like

Re: My Complain To Banks. by chrisxxx(m): 9:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
kingphilip:
this is sure a nice suggestion

you should try passing it across to them on their social media pages
I wish it was a topic connected to snake Seun and lalasticlala would have done the needed.
Re: My Complain To Banks. by Sapeleboy911(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
True talk bro. My uncle phone was stolen and, before he could say jack. Almost #5000 has been used for buying airtime by the crook who stole the phone. Our banks apps and short codes are so porous. No security measures.
Re: My Complain To Banks. by Acidosis(m): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
You mean this pin *894*00# works for all banks?
Re: My Complain To Banks. by chrisxxx(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
Acidosis:

You mean this pin *894*00# works for all banks?
For First Bank. Other banks have similar short codes.
Re: My Complain To Banks. by Acidosis(m): 1:10am On Jul 10, 2018
chrisxxx:

For First Bank. Other banks have similar short codes.

May be the problem is peculiar to Firstbank. On GTB and Sterling bank, you can't check account bal without a 4-digit password. Whoever steals your phone without the 4-digit code is just wasting his/her time.
Re: My Complain To Banks. by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 10, 2018
Zenith,stanbic uses pin while fcmb don't use, that's why I have refused to open their savings account with cheque, it's risky shocked shocked
Re: My Complain To Banks. by chrisxxx(m): 7:07am On Jul 10, 2018
Acidosis:

May be the problem is peculiar to Firstbank. On GTB and Sterling bank, you can't check account bal without a 4-digit password. Whoever steals your phone without the 4-digit code is just wasting his/her time.
I see! It might just be First Bank.

(1) (Reply)

Making It Soft (With Screenshots) / Segun Adebayo Is A Scammer! / Dealing With The Temptations Of Joining The Yahoo Boys Wagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.