Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

Matters Arising: Herdsmen Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matters Arising: Herdsmen Killings (349 Views)

Herdsmen Killings: Benue Fires Back At Sultan Over Jihad Statement / Sultan Slams Ortom, Fani-Kayode For Linking Herdsmen Killings To Danfodio / Omokri Slams Father Mbaka Over Herdsmen Killings, Buhari’s Stand On Abacha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Matters Arising: Herdsmen Killings by double0seven(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2018
In the American legal system, in order to declare a man guilty of a crime, the decision of the jury must be unanimous. If even one person disagrees, the defendant goes home free. I've you ever wondered why this is the case.

It's because it's believed that it's better for a 100 guilty men to escape justice than for one innocent man to be unjustly punished. The legal system of Nigeria and so many other countries are influenced by this underlying belief.

You know what this means?

This mean INJUSTICE IS WORSE THAN CORRUPTION.

Therefore I am sincerely marveled when I see people gleefully shout even at this perilous times, about PMB's integrity and anti-corruption prowess, in a God-ain't-we-lucky-to-have-someone-like-PMB demeanour. I am marvelled when I place it side-by-side with what's happening presently: 11 communities in Plateau being overrun by herdsmen terrorists, the villages burnt down and over 200 men, women and children dead.

Even if you must remain silent in the face of evil, can you please stop championing PMB like the best thing that ever happened to humanity; at least wait until the country gets over this latest devastating and brutal slaughtering of human beings Ileya & Christmas goats, and then you can resume back.

So because PMB is fighting corruption, we owe him allegiance to pretend as if the ongoing carnage never happened?

And yes, injustice is worse than corruption. What kind of integrity fights like a wounded lion, tooth and nail, but compromises of on the preservation of human lives because of allegiance to its ethnicity?

The injustice starts from the Presideny's classification of the carnage going on: it persistently calls it farmers/herdsmen clash.

People, please reason with me for a moment. Bandits, terrorists, with guns, knives and daggers, comes to a settlement in Plateau, overrun 11 communities, baptise the whole villages with fire and blood, leaving behind destruction of over 200 lives and uncountable properties.

Please, I pray, tell me, where is the clash? Where is the two fighting? These are not clashes but cases of strategic tactical wipe out of targets.

Then you hear some either very stupid or paid propagandist telling us that the people killing Plateau indigenes are Plateau indigenes. For what reason you ask? In order to discredit PMB's administration they say!!!

So in Benue, Benue indigenes are killing their own kinsmen as a way of fighting PMB?! In Taraba, kinsmen are killing their own kinsmen in order to disgrace PMB?! In Plateau too, kinsmen are killing their own kinsmen just to give because they want the looters of our treasury to escape justice?!

I've ever heard such a ridiculous theory in your life? But it's up and about everywhere and some very weak minds are actually buying it. Buhari Media Organisation is really on overdrive, I tell you.

Then one senator during session, who claims to be from Plateau says the killers, 300 in number where trained in Isreal by some unscrupulous politicians, and they are the ones perpetrating all these killings in the middle belt.

You would have to be a blockhead (olodo rabata) to believe that any set of terrorists, up to 300 hundred in number, can go to the JEWISH NATION OF ISREAL for their training.

Do you know who Isreal is? Their intelligence organisation rivals that of the West. Isreal the land of Mossad. 300 terrorists receiving training? The only thing they can receive in Isreal is their untimely deaths.

During the latest visit of President Macron of France to Aso Rock, when a journalist asked the French President what he can do to help the farmers/herdsmen clash situation in Nigeria, PMB was thoroughly, as in thoroughly thoroughly irritated with the question. He couldn't even hide it as his body language gave him away.

On one hand, the Presidency (through Garba Shehu) says the killings are not the handiwork Fulani herdsmen, but that of politicians that are trying to discredit PMB's administration.

Now you would think the Presidency would come up with a game plan to go after this politicians. Or am I not right? That should be the natural course of action that follows.

But no, as a solution, the Presidency proffered that ranches be created throughout the Nigerian nation to accommodate the fulani herdsmen. Now this are not ordinary ranches. Some of the lands they are looking for are up to 100-square-kilometers.

If you drive from Ojota on Ikorodu Road to ijebu-ode in Ogun-state, you would have covered approximately a distance of 100km. Now square it and receive understanding of what we're talking about.

And these kinds of huge lands will now given to Fulani herdsmen to occupy in all or most of the states. That's like a small Fulani state within every state.

I'm not one to believe in these Fulani Jihadist Islamist conspiracy theories, but lately I'm beginning change my mind and gradually, I'm becoming a believer.

And now, continuing on this matter of ranches, the Presidency (through Femi Adeshina) is advising the middle belt and Nigerians: look here, it's better to give up your acenstral lands and be alive than to hold on to it and die. If you have not watched the video, go look for it on YouTube and watch it.

Femi Adeshina said it's better to live on the land than to be under the land. Can you beat that? Can you beat that shit?

And now I wonder: Do we really need any other evidence or proof to know that government is complicit in all these killings?

Sebi na you talk say na politicians dey kill the people, then why not initiate a plan or strategy to go after them?

But no, this administration is not doing that. What this administration is doing instead is to tell people of the middle belt :

GIVE UP YOUR ACENSTRAL LANDS AND THE KILLINGS OF YOUR PEOPLE WILL STOP.

The middle belt, and Nigerian generally is being terrorised into submission.

Is that integrity. Please don't tell me about PMB's integrity again.

Olanrewaju Osinubi

Noun: integrity

|in'te-gri-tee|

An undivided or unbroken completenessor totality with nothing wanting

(1) (Reply)

Kogi Teachers: ‘we’re Dying Of Hunger, Starvation’ / Join: African Political Fellowship / Abuja Light Rail, A Dream Come True – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.