Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Why North Should Produce President In 2011? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why North Should Produce President In 2011? (1739 Views)

Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo / North Must Produce President In 2015 – ACF, Others / ‘why Igbo Should Produce Lagos Deputy Gov In 2015’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 2:19am On Jun 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

What do you mean by "real candidate"? If a northerner picks a Tinubu or Fashola for vice presidency, do you think the Yoruba won't vote for him instead?

Don't take OBJ's abracadabra for anything. There was no elections in 2007. OBJ could do it because power was returning to the north. No problems. Try it next year and see trouble.

by real candidate I actually mean a serious presidential candidate.

Now SW political thinking is different, Not many SW respect Tinubu, for Fasola, Yes! But SW will need to be sure he is only a VP to a credible Northerner, not the likes of IBB and Buhari

But if Jonathan plays his card very well and pick a progressive Northerner as running mate, like Ribadu, trust me majority of SW will go with him.

Now, one problem currently with SE is that they have no leader who can command the respect of at least 2 states of their own, not to talk of other states out of their region. If you disagree, give me one name.
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by Onlytruth(m): 2:22am On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

by real candidate I actually mean a serious presidential candidate.

Now SW political thinking is different, Not many SW respect Tinubu, for Fasola, Yes! But SW will need to be sure he is only a VP to a credible Northerner, not the likes of IBB and Buhari

But if Jonathan plays his card very well and pick a progressive Northerner as running mate like Ribadu or his likes, Trust me majority of SW will go with him.

Now, one problem currently with SE is that they have no leader who can command the respect of at least 2 states of their own, not to talk of other states out of their region. If you disagree, give me one name.

So that you can neutralize him before he makes his move. grin grin grin
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 2:24am On Jun 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

So that you can neutralize him before he makes his move. grin grin grin

lol grin grin grin grin. But he suppose get muscles now grin grin grin
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by mamagee3(f): 2:25am On Jun 11, 2010
SLIGHT:

The truth is that non of all the hullaboola made here on nl has an impact on nigeria's politics
Did anyone say it does affects it?

People are just stating their opinions that's why it's called a discussion forum
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by Onlytruth(m): 2:27am On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

lol grin grin grin grin. But he suppose get muscles now grin grin grin

On a serious note, there are such people in the south east. But what a candidate needs more is the endorsement of certain figures in Igboland and the north. There are many such people in Igboland. I won't mention names.
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by mamagee3(f): 2:28am On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

lol grin grin grin grin. But he suppose get muscles now  grin grin grin
Are you serious? undecided

We are talking about Nigeria's future and here you are derailing the thread with some unnecessary muscle talk.
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 2:32am On Jun 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

On a serious note, there are such people in the south east. But what a candidate needs more is the endorsement of certain figures in Igboland and the north. There are many such people in Igboland. I won't mention names.

I agree there are some. I just dont know if such will come out or if the factional powers in the SE will let them see the sun.

mama-gee:

Are you serious? undecided

We are talking about Nigeria's future and here you are derailing the thread with some unnecessary muscle talk.

Sweetheart, I have told you to go to bed. Dont forget doctors warning, if not for me at least do it for our baby in your womb. grin

Now go to bed. OK? grin
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by Onlytruth(m): 2:40am On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

I agree there are some. I just dont know if such will come out or if the factional powers in the SE will let them see the sun.

Sweetheart, I have told you to go to bed. Dont forget doctors warning, if not for me at least do it for our baby in your womb. grin

Now go to bed. OK? grin

That factional powers is often overstated.
There are factions in every region and south east is not even the most virulent. Politicians in south west for instance resort to murder as they fight for turf.
If it is our turn, we will find that candidate that others would have to step aside for. It happened before when Ike Nwachukwu, Jim Nwobodo and others left PDP for Ekwueme's challenge of Obasanjo in 2003. It could happen again. No biggie.
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 2:50am On Jun 11, 2010
Onlytruth:

That factional powers is often overstated.
There are factions in every region and south east is not even the most virulent. Politicians in south west for instance resort to murder as they fight for turf.
If it is our turn, we will find that candidate that others would have to step aside for. It happened before when Ike Nwachukwu, Jim Nwobodo and others left PDP for Ekwueme's challenge of Obasanjo in 2003. It could happen again. No biggie.

Time will tell! cheesy
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by Onlytruth(m): 2:59am On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

Time will tell! cheesy

Yes, I guess. cool

@ the topic though, I believe that this is Jonathan's fight to lose. He is old enough to know what is best for his ambitions.
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by bkbabe97: 5:27am On Jun 11, 2010
EzeUche:

Shut your Yoruba assss dark as midnight self up. I mean really, you are starting to irk me. You are so obsessed with the Igbo. Good Lord, give it a break FOOL!

I hate when a Yoruba or any Nigerian who was raised in the West and try to talk to people who were born and raised in Naija our history. Stay in yankee!

Monkey aszz nigga! Lol. dARK AS midnight?!!?!!! Foolish Ibo talk as usual.lol. Always talking bout "we ligght skinnded cus we Jews".lol.  Even the lightest, bleached out part of your body aint as light as my elbows, ankles, or knees, gay! U homo, I'm irking you? Good! Stop hating on the others and Ima give your ugly, old aszz looking, wannabe 22 yrs old self a freakn break! I REPEAT THEY HATE YALL AND AINT THAT THE TRUTH?! kILL URSELF!
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by mamman4: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2010
i just want to know what the northern presidents did for nigeria when they were in power, nothing, since u have failed let us give it to someone else to give it someone else and see whether he can makes things happen, i taya for my northern ppl woo, na greediness go kill us woo,
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by gogo123: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2010
bk/babe97:

Monkey aszz nigga! Lol. dARK AS midnight?!!?!!! Foolish Ibo talk as usual.lol. Always talking bout "we ligght skinnded cus we Jews".lol.  Even the lightest, bleached out part of your body aint as light as my elbows, ankles, or knees, gay! U homo, I'm irking you? Good! Stop hating on the others and Ima give your ugly, old aszz looking, wannabe 22 yrs old self a freakn break! I REPEAT THEY HATE YALL AND AINT THAT THE TRUTH?! kILL URSELF!
LANTERN WITHOUT OIL, YOU HAVE RAN OUT OF IDEAS, THAT,S IF YOU EVER HAD ANY. OUT OF ALL THE POST HERE, YOURS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC. ROADKILL
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by bkbabe97: 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
gogo123:

LANTERN WITHOUT OIL, YOU HAVE RAN OUT OF IDEAS, THAT,S IF YOU EVER HAD ANY. OUT OF ALL THE POST HERE, YOURS IS THE MOST IDIOTIC. ROADKILL

Who the hell r u again? undecided
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by opeyemiofG(m): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
well evans, to be sincere with you, the north needs to produce the next president in 2011. it is the only way to ensure fair play. but have you considered the consequences that may arise from this cruel and awkward arrangement.
anyway,it seems that you need to be educated on some issues concerning nigeria and nigerians.
first, there is a need to compare the development level of nigeria with its contemporaries.
may be you should also ask yourself what exactly will be the benefit of nothern presiency.
i leave you to ruminate with these.

bye
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by mamagee3(f): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

Now go to bed. OK? grin

I thought you were the one warned by the doctor never to contribute when normal people are contributing ideas. shocked
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by One11: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
opeyemiofG:

well evans, to be sincere with you, the north needs to produce the next president in 2011. it is the only way to ensure fair play. but have you considered the consequences that may arise from this cruel and awkward arrangement.
anyway,it seems that you need to be educated on some issues concerning nigeria and nigerians.
first, there is a need to compare the development level of nigeria with its contemporaries.
may be you should also ask yourself what exactly will be the benefit of nothern presiency.
              i leave you to ruminate with these.

bye

As long as nigeria is nigeria there will never be fair play. the northern politicians need to stop behaving like babies by thinking they can always get things their way. What happened with yaradua the north wanted that to happen with OBJ or something where he would be overthrown so that the north may have the chance to rule again.thats why in the arrangement they said the vice president should be from the other side of the country so that no matter what they can always manipulate in some way but it backfired on them now they are complaining.GREEDY! If they would have agreed that the president picks a VP from where ever he likes whether it be from his own state or their own state they wanted to be greedy now they are crying innocence  cry.

The country doesnt revolve around them. A man( GLJ) is doing a more than great job with this country now and all you care about is "he needs to not run because it is our turn to rule" like a DAMN BABY  angry. I thought to point whats to get the country from underdeveloped to developed, from insecure to safe? somebody is doing that so WHY NOT GO SIT DOWN?!

Oh yeah and dont think that IBB if he becomes president is giving up power in 2015.Aint happenin smh. Why would anybody trust these northern politicians words after we saw how hard they tried to keep jonathan from becoming president after it was clear that Yaradua died a long time ago?! Come On!
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

I thought you were the one warned by the doctor never to contribute when normal people are contributing ideas. shocked

Honey, pls take go and take your drugs, I love you. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2010
OAM4J:

Honey, pls take go and take your drugs, I love you.  kiss kiss kiss
Oya, start leaving for the hospital.

Dr. John Upbendel is calling.
grin
Re: Why North Should Produce President In 2011? by OAM4J: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Oya, start leaving for the hospital.

Dr. John Upbendel is calling.
grin

Are you sure? Is it time for you to to deliver the baby? I feel excited already.

I will be with you in a min. I love you. kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Opulent Life Of Diezani Allison-madueke & Family / Tips To Avoid Deportation In Lagos. / Impunity At GT Bank- A Call For Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.