Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) (1995 Views)

We Are Forced To Sleep With 10 Men Daily, Given N500 Food Daily - Anambra Girls / Lady Who Jumped Fence To Steal A Bag Of Rice From Couple Stripped Nak.ed. / The Cars Seized From El Chapo, Mexican Drug Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Explorers(m): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
Miami police were caught on camera unlawfully seizing guns, drugs and nearly $20,000 in stripper tips, during a traffic stop that they later boasted about to local media.

Ras Cates, 33, and his wife Lizmixell Batista, 20, were pulled over for cutting offa patrol car in Miami on May 25 when officers searched the couple's car without permission.

In the trunk they found six guns, including three assault rifles, $19,934 that Batista, a stripper, had earned in tips at Cheetah Gentleman's Club in Hallandale Beach, suspected marijuana oil and several bottles of codeine cough syrup.

The couple were charged with multiple felonies including armed drug dealing, but quickly moved to have the charges thrown out by saying the evidence was obtained illegally.

The entire traffic stop was caught by an officer's bodycam, which led prosecutors to dismiss the case.

A court has ordered the Miami-Dade Police Department to return the glittery cash and pay the couple's $3,000 legal bill.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5927159/Miami-cops-unlawfully-seized-20K-stripper-tips-traffic-stop-recorded-bodycam.html

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Explorers(m): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
'Search of the trunk was illegal,' prosecutor Johnathan Nobile wrote in a memo explaining why the state didn't press charges.

In the video obtained, an officer can be seen commanding Cates to open the trunk where they found the bounty of potentially illegal items.

Cates told the officers that he legally owned the six guns and had a valid concealed-weapons permit, which authorities have confirmed.

The nearly $20,000 in bills was discovered in Batista's purse.

The video shows the 20-year-old telling the officers: 'I was supposed to go the bank to deposit the money.

A fellow stripper named Haley Heath testified that Batista earned 'significant cash tips' at the Cheetah club at a hearing.

Because there was no probable cause for seizing the money, Judge Rodney Smith ordered that it be returned to the couple.

The department has been ordered to return the money after authorities determined that there was no probable cause to search the car.

The case was also dismissed.

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by CARLOSZ: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
What?
Well, no be SARS catch dem

2 Likes

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Jabioro: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
The law and her twisted arm ..
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by fortune1894(m): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
DAMN INSHORT I DEY DRIVE GO MEET SARS WITH 100K IN MY TRUNK N MY PHONE WITH WHITE WOMEN PICS

WHEN CAUGHT WILL TELL DEM "NO PROBABLE CAUSE FOR STOPPING ME"

1 Like

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Buskete(m): 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2018
Can already imagine this scenario in playing out in Naija.
Judge: NPF return the money to the couple and drop all charges.
NPF: You Honour, the money is with SARS
SARS; Which money?

2 Likes

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by decatalyst(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
Where there is a bit sanity and the law works.

See judgment shocked shocked
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Explorers(m): 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2018
Buskete:
Can already imagine this scenario in playing out in Naija.
Judge: NPF return the money to the couple and drop all charges.
NPF: You Honour, the money is with SARS
SARS; Which money?

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by lionlee216(m): 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
fortune1894:
DAMN INSHORT I DEY DRIVE GO MEET SARS WITH 100K IN MY TRUNK N MY PHONE WITH WHITE WOMEN PICS

WHEN CAUGHT WILL TELL DEM "NO PROBABLE CAUSE FOR STOPPING ME"

Hmmm
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Imustreturn(m): 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
Don't try this in Nigeria please.
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Born2Breed(f): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
If it's Nigeria Police, they will shoot them in cold blood and steal the money. Then tag them armed robbery.
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Foreign Transmitted SARS
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by pacino26(m): 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
See mini armory. grin grin grin giver niggas permit to carry such make we see if SARS no go think twice before trying to rob.
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by czarina(f): 8:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
Explorers:
Miami police were caught on camera unlawfully seizing guns, drugs and nearly $20,000 in stripper tips, during a traffic stop that they later boasted about to local media.

Ras Cates, 33, and his wife Lizmixell Batista, 20, were pulled over for cutting offa patrol car in Miami on May 25 when officers searched the couple's car without permission.

In the trunk they found six guns, including three assault rifles, [b]$19,934[/b]that Batista, a stripper, had earned in tips at Cheetah Gentleman's Club in Hallandale Beach, suspected marijuana oil and several bottles of codeine cough syrup.

The couple were charged with multiple felonies including armed drug dealing, but quickly moved to have the charges thrown out by saying the evidence was obtained illegally.

The entire traffic stop was caught by an officer's bodycam, which led prosecutors to dismiss the case.

A court has ordered the Miami-Dade Police Department to return the glittery cash and pay the couple's $3,000 legal bill.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5927159/Miami-cops-unlawfully-seized-20K-stripper-tips-traffic-stop-recorded-bodycam.html
[b]7,000000[/b]for stripping just one night? shocked shocked
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by davit: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2018
This is a country where the system truly works!
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Nickijoy(f): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
grin
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by meezynetwork(m): 6:52am On Jul 09, 2018
Nice
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by Jamie1(m): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2018
Sane country, where the rule of law is adhered to!
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by tofolo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2018
They would allow them go but trust me the police would keep a look out for them till they slip up.
Re: Miami Cops Are Forced To Return $20,000& Guns Unlawfully Seized From Couple(Pic) by EmmaLege: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
tofolo:
They would allow them go but trust me the police would keep a look out for them till they slip up.

True

(1) (Reply)

Outrage As Four Ladies Seen Fighting Themselves, Unclad One Another / How My Dad Was Killed By His Jealous Bestie - Lady / Another Lady Gang- Raped, Killed In Abuja (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.