Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:29 AM

Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave (645 Views)

Scientists Find Underground Cave On Moon / 2 U.S Astronauts Are Stranded In Space After Spacecraft Breaks Down (Photos) / Orangutan Reaches Out Hand To Rescue Man Stuck In A River In Asia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave by Gizmomachine: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2018
American business magnate, Elon Musk the man in the driving sit of the development of electric cars, founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX is on a rescue plan. You heard me right, according to him, his engineers are hours away from developing a mini rescue sub to help rescue the 12 teenagers and coach stranded inside a flooded cave in Thailand.

The new move, is coming after other means of rescuing to kids and their coach prove too dangerous and too lengthy. There have been plans to either drill a hole through the ground to get to the kids or use an inflatable tube. While drilling a hole could take months, using an inflatable tube is very dangerous if punctured, as kids cannot swim.

Elon Musk in a tweet revealed his plan when he wrote;

CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE IN ABOUT 8 HOURS, THEN 17-HOUR FLIGHT TO THAILAND

He described the new device as;

A KID-SIZE SUBMARINE USING THE LIQUID OXYGEN TRANSFER TUBE OF FALCON ROCKET AS HULL. LIGHT ENOUGH TO BE CARRIED BY 2 DIVERS, SMALL ENOUGH TO GET THROUGH NARROW GAPS. EXTREMELY ROBUST.

Thai authorities have continued to pump Oxygen so the kids can breath, but water levels continue to rise in the cave due to high rainfall. Experts say, the operation could last at best a couple weeks, but could drag on for months if the team is to wait it out until the rainy season is over in September.

Source: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/07/elon-musk-develop-mini-submarine-to-rescue-thai-kids-stranded-in-cave/

Re: Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave by chukxie(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2018
That's a man with a mission. Although sometimes erratic and eccentric, the ingenuity of Elon Musk cannot be denied.
Re: Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2018
chukxie:
That's a man with a mission. Although sometimes erratic and eccentric, the ingenuity of Elon Musk cannot be denied.

You cant push your brain on the gamma thresholds all the time without being erratic sometimes. It comes with high level learning. The couple of days I pushed my brain that high, I knew what I faced to stabilize me.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave by decatalyst(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2018
Wow!

What a genius he is!

Proactive in a reactionary situation. Kudos!
Re: Elon Musk Develop Mini Submarine To Rescue Thai Kids Stranded In Cave by chukxie(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2018
Organism000:

You cant push your brain on the gamma thresholds all the time without being erratic sometimes. It comes with high level learning. The couple of days I pushed my brain that high, I knew what I faced to stabilize me.

You're right. It takes a lot of mental energy to push the brain beyond the normal. Elon Musk is one revolutionary thinker. Respect to him.

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Cheap Phones Directly From China. / How To Unsend Facebook Messenger’s Messages / How To Become A Vbank Agent And Make Up To N200,000 Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.