Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move (1395 Views)

The Real Reason Buhari Postponed Nigeria's 2023 Population Census - Shehu Sani / Femi Adesina: Real Reason Buhari Can’t Receive Medical Attention In Nigeria / Ambode Might Face Impeachment For His Insistence To Re-contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by 7Ebisco: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2018
A former Minister of Petroleum and Energy, and a strong supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Prof Tam David-West, has given reason he would not want the president to return to power in 2919.

David-West also told the President that the proposed plan to establish cattle ranches across the country would justify the claim in some quarters that he (Buhari) wants to islamise Nigeria.

He noted that the implication of such move would be grave, and added that he was surprised and saddened by the decision.

Speaking with The Sun, where he outline why Buhari should not return in 2019, the former Minister noted that people are suffering as nothing seems to be working in the country.

“Why I am saying no (to Buhari’s second term) is that I ask myself as a supporter of Buhari: Are the
people happy?

“A good friend is not one who praises you, but the one who tells you the truth. There is no question that people are not happy. There is no question that the economy is not doing well.

“There is no question that a lot of people are suffering. So, if he wants to run for a second term, it will be on his ticket. Nobody imposed Buhari on Nigerians.

“People voted for him. Get the ticket first and when you take the ticket, let the people be happy. Where there are areas of discontents and concerns, try to take active steps to correct them so that you can give greater happiness to greater number. When Nigerians are happy, they will vote for you.”

“In the first place, I am surprised that the government has not seen the implications. If I was Buhari, I would be the last person to agree to ranch in non-ranching areas.

“First, you were accused that you wanted to Islamise Nigeria and it is completely false. If you now allow different states in different parts of the country, to establish special places for ranching, would people not say it is a means of establishing colonies for Islamic groups?

“The implications will be very grave. In any case, I am so surprised and sad. When I was a child in Port Harcourt, we had all these cattle ranchers; we would even play with them. Nobody had trouble. I still believe some politicians are behind all these.

“But to establish special areas for ranching in different parts of the country is a dangerous move to make.

“People may misinterpret it that he wants to Islamise, especially when it was quoted that Uthman Dan Fodio, that led the Jihad of 1804, said he wanted to deep Quran in the sea in Lagos, coming from Sokoto.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/2019-david-west-gives-reason-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Nackzy: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2018
If he does Nigeria will go on extinction

5 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 08, 2018
No be this man wey tell us say Buhari go sell us petrol at N40/Litre?

11 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by xandy84: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2018
At least you have balls to call Buhari not to seek re-election compare to people who are blind to present situation of average Nigerians whe bears the brunt of Buhari abject failure. Buhari has done his best and his best is not enough and it's time foe him to quit the stage while ovation is still loud else he will be defeated at the election.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by saaron(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2018
They are beginning to see the hand writing on the wall. The accusation on buhari that he is planning to islamize Nigeria is not on baseless assumptions. Buhari himself was the one who said it with his own mouth as quoted "I will strife within me to make sure that SHARIA is IMPLEMENTED all over Nigeria." ~ Buhari 2001 in Kaduna.
What better describes Islam more than Sharia? SHARIA ALL OVER NIGERIAN = ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA!!!

Note:
BE REST ASSURED THAT BUHARI'S RANCHING IDEA = SHARIA ALL OVER NIGERIA (CATTLE COLONIES FOR FULANI EXPANSION).
Already, they have started importing foreign fulanis from west African countries into Nigeria to populate the proposed colonies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Paperwhite(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2018
Even Buhari's higher order zombies are now tire of his yoke.Back to Daura still loading.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by onward4life(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2018
xandy84:
At least you have balls to call Buhari not to seek re-election compare to people who are blind to present situation of average Nigerians whe bears the brunt of Buhari abject failure. Buhari has done his best and his best is not enough and it's time foe him to quit the stage while ovation is still loud else he will be defeated at the election.

Unlike Tunubuhun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by saaron(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:
He just realized he was scammed by buhari.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Paperwhite(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2018
saaron:
They are beginning to see the hand writing on the wall. The accusation on buhari that he is planning to islamize Nigeria is not on baseless assumptions. Buhari himself was the one who said it with his own mouth as quoted "I will strife within me to make sure that SHARIA is IMPLEMENTED all over Nigeria." ~ Buhari 2001 in Kaduna.
What better describes Islam more than Sharia? SHARIA ALL OVER NIGERIAN = ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA!!!

Note:
BE REST ASSURED THAT BUHARI'S RANCHING IDEA = SHARIA ALL OVER NIGERIA (CATTLE COLONIES FOR FULANI EXPANSION).
Already, they have started importing foreign fulanis from west African countries into Nigeria to populate the proposed colonies.
You think fast & intelligently too bro.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by iammo(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari's second term would be very very hot, if you don't want to spend N50 bike fare to the nearest INEC office to collect your PVC remember starting from 2019 you may have to pay double that because Buhari would strategically increase fuel price, NCC would hike data price and you wouldn't be able to come online to complain, prices of foodstuf would go up because Fulani would have successfully displaced and occupied peoples farm SARS and regular police would extort freely because their salary and allowance would be irregular, NEPA nko estimated billing go worst as government no go look their side. So please go get a PVC, thank you in advance

3 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2018
Zombies are now waking up from sleep. Lol
Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by UncleJudax(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:
Na him o grin

Him never completely wake up sef...him still de speak in parable cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by bedspread: 11:49am On Jul 08, 2018
Prof sir, With all due Respect, I think you should be Silent at this Time.... until we are done cleaning up this Mess and sending Pmb to Daura...

You are one of the Many Reasons we are in this Mess...

3 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by mkoabiola: 11:51am On Jul 08, 2018
So this man Don wake frm him slumber after he realized say NA (one chance)Nigerians Don enter

Join d wailler team to send him back to daura

2 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2018
If there must be ranches in all states it is a fine move. But I want the Ranch in Imo State, to be own by Imo People and the Cattles in the ranch should be imported from Brazil by Imo state Citizens and no Fulani man should be allowed a space to put his cow. I want the Ranch in Zamfara, to be owned by Zamfara people, with their cows, no Ibo man should go and put his cow there.

So I support ranching, but who ever wants to own cows, should beg their states to give them free land for private cow business.

yeye dey worry Buhari. He is infact a mad man. To think he can take other people land to put his put his people.

Are the Fulani humans the only ones doing cow business in Nigeria ?

I am surprise people are even letting him stay in Aso Rock till now. Abacha strategy should have been used on him before now. W do not need a President that will start a civil war abeg.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Houseofglam7(f): 11:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Good morning professor undecided

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by OfficialAPCNig: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2018
Only a Yoruba Christian can have the balls to look face to face to that ethnic champion.

Anyway, make yoruba moslem "catsh" this one.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by freeze001(f): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hehehe...yeye dey smell! So Prof has woken up and smelt the goddamned rotten coffee he gladly served back in 2015? Well, they say it's better late than never.

Oshiomhol will soon come and say prof is the embodiment of corruption fighting back. Lai kwanu? grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Fyno: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
This dude was so sure buhari was going to make fuel #45 a liter.
Instead of saying the truth, he's beating around the bush

Buhari wants to Islamize Nigeria,noy. 'people will interpret it as'

3 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by MadeInTokyo: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Who cured Tam David West Zombiesim

Ngeneukwenu right now be like Buhari till I die

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by gameboyo: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Na him. Him and buhari na rice n beans that year

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by EternalTruths: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Good Morning Sophisticated Moronn Tam David West.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by Goddex: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Buhari is Nigeria's worst President ever

1 Like

Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by deltaisgreat: 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
If the federal government wants to have ranches in my state of delta or south south region, we welcome the idea but on a condition that no hausa man or fulani man should be found near the fence of the ranch talk less of having any business with the ranch. Let the federal government come and take my father's land for ranching and employ my village people and family members only to work there. Not to come and grab our village land to empower fulani people who will in turn start killing us after few years of consolidation.
Re: 2019: David-west Gives Reason Buhari Must Not Re-contest, Speaks On Alleged Move by oneeast: 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mister, where's the N40 per liter PMS? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Fayose May Be Flown Abroad For Medical Treatment / Do Politicians Think We Are Daft? (pic Included) / Stop Chasing Shadows, Osuntokun Replies Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.