Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? (836 Views)

Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? / Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by dukechilezie(m): 11:50am On Jul 08, 2018
I see some Christians who open their shops for busineses after church on Sundays. I interacted with some persons who said is unjustifiable to do business on Sundays since the bible says we should keep the Sabbath day holy. So, I want to read from you to know what are your own opinions.

Re: Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by Sarkin: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2018
Ah ah.
How can that be a sin
God doesn't live in the church. It isn't my force to go then.
God is everywhere.
Re: Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by thesicilian: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
It's a sin against your pastor but not against God.
In the first place, Sunday is not even the Sabbath day, since Sunday is the first day of the week and not seventh. Technically the Sabbath day is Saturday.
Secondly, the arrival of the new testament both fulfilled and cancelled the old testament so there's no more Sabbath per se, every day is a day of worship and you can do it from anywhere.
Re: Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by dukechilezie(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
I wonder what will be the fate of the people going to church on Sunday morning if all the bus drivers and tricycle operators are not there for the services they render.
Re: Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
If you don't open store, you'd probably sit at home and watch TV,... Would you watch any TV if the workers at the TV station decide to stay at home?

If you decide to go visit your relations, would you have access if the bus and taxi drivers decide to stay at home?

Even if you choose to stay at home and do nothing, certainly you'd probably press your phone and make calls or chat.. Would this be possible if network providers and the likes of mark Zuckerberg decide to stay at home??

God only said keep the Sabbath Day Holy, he didn't say don't work on Sunday...

Stop misinterpreting the scripture.
Re: Is It A Sin To Open Your Shop Or Do Business On Sundays? by GOFRONT(m): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
Make we no chop on sunday?
If barbers saloon no open on sunday, how man go take cut hair against tomorrow monday??

Nobody holy pass o

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Christ Embassy Kidnapped Girl, Elo Ogidi Has Been Found / PROSPERITY SCHOOL: Become A Candidate For Increase / Pastor Chris Finally Speaks On Why His Wife Divorced Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.