Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn (2009 Views)

UNIPORT Students Attacked By Police While Taking Corpse Of Colleague 2 Ait(pics) / Gov. Ambode Addresses Media On The Rescue Of The Three Female Students / Man Is Kidnapped And Raped At Gun Point By 3 Women In South Africa!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Orikinla(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2010
Female Students Attacked, Robbed and Raped in Female Hostels at UNN

We have been getting regular reports of the terrifying cases of crimes of robbery and rape by unidentified criminals who have been attacking female hostels at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, robbing and raping the defenceless and helpless female students overnight and the security on campus failed to stop more of these gruesome crimes.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by EzeUche(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
What in the world is happening in Igboland?

My fellow law abiding Igbos, we must deal with these criminal elements within our society!
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by ud4u: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
EzeUche:

What in the world is happening in Igboland?

My fellow law abiding Igbos, we must deal with these criminal elements within our society!

This EzeUche guy, what is even wrong with you? Who is your fellow law abiding Igbos,. All these things happens every where, so stop saying Igbos all the time. [/b]For the fact it happened on Igbo soil does not necessarily mean is the Igbos that perpetrated the act and even if they do, it happens every where.

Last time we was attacked in my school hostel at Edo State, but I did not come to nairaland and shout that Edo's are bad because anybody from any where can do it there, so is every where.

But my stand still remains that what is bad is bad despite who commits it.

[b]But guy, I doubt this your User name
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Orikinla(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2010
The alarming cases of crime in the East will drive inestors away from the region.
Banks may move to safer states.

It is a state of emergency if criminals can attack female students in their hostels in such a prominent university in Nigeria.
The school authorities should be blamed for the insecurity.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by sayso: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
GJ are youy listening.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by udezue(m): 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
My sister attended that school years ago. Nawaoooo
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
Big deal right, This thing happens in most university campuses. I don't know hyw you guys keep harping on the fact hat it happened in the East.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by monkeyleg: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Afam4eva,

The fact that it happens in other Universities does not make it right. this is real bad news. This is just another symptom of the total decay of the country Nigeria. We must all fight and claim our country back. An urgent pertition must be written to the president, if the state governor can not handle the issue
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Afam4eva(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Afam4eva,

The fact that it happens in other Universities does not make it right. this is real bad news. This is just another symptom of the total decay of the country Nigeria. We must all fight and claim our country back. An urgent pertition must be written to the president, if the state governor can not handle the issue

Quote me where i said it's right. I was referring to tha facet that people said it happens only in the east.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Na wa oh . . . This is seriously pathetic
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by EzeUche(m): 6:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
ud4u:

This EzeUche guy, what is even wrong with you? Who is your fellow law abiding Igbos,. All these things happens every where, so stop saying Igbos all the time. [/b]For the fact it happened on Igbo soil does not necessarily mean is the Igbos that perpetrated the act and even if they do, it happens every where.

Last time we was attacked in my school hostel at Edo State, but I did not come to nairaland and shout that Edo's are bad because anybody from any where can do it there, so is every where.

But my stand still remains that what is bad is bad despite who commits it.

[b]But guy, I doubt this your User name

Stop being so damn naive. Of course these people are from our own society. And I am not worried about other societies within Nigeria, I care only about my Igbo people and that is why we must do something about this nonsense.

I could care less what is happening around the country. Focus on Igboland first and admit we are having PROBLEMS!
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by Orikinla(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
I was on my way to Nsukka last December when our bus ran into armed robbers and our brave driver escaped from them and drove us back to a military checkpoint where we passed the night until day break.

I mean when female students who are the future wives, mothers, aunts and leaders of Nigeria get attacked and sexually battered, they would be left stigmatized and traumatized for life.

THERE IS NO SECURITY IN NIGERIA and President Goodluck Jonathan wants to spend N10 Billion for 50th Independence Anniversary celebrations.
What do we have to celebrate?
CRIME AND CORRUPTION.CRIME AND CORRUPTION. CRIME AND CORRUPTION EVERYWHERE.

THEY DO NOT CARE BECAUSE THEIR DAUGHTERS ARE NOT STAYING IN THESE DANGEROUS AND FILTHY CAMPUSES WHERE FEMALE STUDENTS STOOL INSIDE THEIR ROOMS, BECAUSE THEIR TOILETS ARE TOO BAD AND THE WHOLE PLACE IS A PUBLIC MESS.
Re: Female Students Attacked, Robbed And Raped In Female Hostels At Unn by safeact(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2010
if it is just having advantage of those chicks, .it would be better but my fear is that it might go beyond that! Talk of std and hiv virus, pregnancy, etc. God help them. I pray nemesis catch up with d rapistss! As 4 ezeuche, u might b right sometime bt here u r wrong, guess u r not an impersonator?

(1) (Reply)

Sacked Pdp Executive Protests In Ogun ! / Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah Says "thank You Nigeria"! / 500 Nigerians In Uk Prisons – Tafida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.