Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. (901 Views)

Buhari Bids Tam David-West Farewell / Tam David-West Dies At 83 / I Want Buhari To Belong To Nobody – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Tam David-West, professor of virology who is a strong ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, is not fully in support of the president’s reelection bid.

David-West, a former minister of petroleum, has earned himself enemies for defending Buhari.

But in an interview with The SUN, the elder statesman highlighted the strength and weaknesses of the president.

He also tackled former President Olusegun Obasanjo, ex-military President Ibrahim Babangida and Theophilus Danjuma, former minister of defence, who have been critical of Buhari in recent times.

Obasanjo and Babangida have asked Nigerians to vote out Buhari in 2019 but David-West said Nigerians are no fools to heed their advice.

“Do I want Buhari to win second term? Yes and no. Yes, because I don’t associate myself with the theatricals of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, and Theophilus Danjuma,” he said.

“If people think he is doing well, they will vote for him. If people think he has not done well, they won’t vote for him. But immediately you have people, who are professional letter writers, trying to make sure, who are you to tell Buhari not to seek second term? You once sought third term. He who goes to equity must have clean hands.

“Obasanjo is not qualified at all to tell Buhari not to seek second term. When you were seeking third term, they wanted to change the constitution for you. And my answer is no because things must improve.

“I know that within few months, a government can make purposeful impact. Right now, why I am saying no is that I ask myself as a supporter of Buhari: Are the people happy? A good friend is not one who praises you, but the one who tells you the truth. There is no question that people are not happy.

“There is no question that the economy is not doing well. There is no question that a lot of people are suffering. So, if he wants to run for a second term, it will be on his ticket. Nobody imposed Buhari on Nigerians. People voted for him. Get the ticket first and when you take the ticket, let the people be happy. Where there are areas of discontents and concerns, try to take active steps to correct them so that you can give greater happiness to greater number.

“When Nigerians are happy, they will vote for you. One million Obasanjo cannot stop them. When Nigerians are happy, one million Danjuma and Babangida cannot stop them. They will vote for you. Nigerians are not fools. When you are doing well, they will vote for you.”

He also kicked against the federal government’s plan to establish cattle ranches across the country.

The professor said the implementation of that idea could be misinterpreted as though the president has an hidden agenda.

“In the first place, I am surprised that the government has not seen the implications. If I am Buhari, I will be the last person to agree to ranch in non-ranching areas,” he said.

“First, you were accused that you wanted to Islamise Nigeria and it is completely false. If you now allow different states in different parts of the country, to establish special places for ranching, would people not say it is a means of establishing colonies for Islamic groups? T

“he implications will be very grave. In any case, I am so surprised and sad. When I was a child in Port Harcourt, we had all these cattle ranchers; we would even play with them. Nobody had trouble. I still believe some politicians are behind all these. But to establish special areas for ranching in different parts of the country is a dangerous move to make. People may misinterpret it that he wants to Islamise, especially when it was quoted that Uthman Dan Fodio, that led the Jihad of 1804, said he wanted to deep Quran in the sea in Lagos, coming from Sokoto.

“So, you have to be very careful when this kind of a thing comes, so that people will not misinterpret it. I don’t believe that establishing special areas for ranching will bring solution. It won’t bring any solution. When the grasses in the ranches finish, what do you do?”

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/tam-david-west-want-buhari-win-second-term-yes-no/amp
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
President Buhari should urgently pump in lots of money into the economy in such a way that it will circulate and The Masses would be guaranteed to feel the impact. Pump in $1 billion into the economy for starters.

The President should adopt the Falgore Solution in which Governor Ganduje of Kano called on all herdsmen to relocate to Falgore, Kano. FG should partner with Kano State to create a comfortable mega ranch for the herdsmen in Falgore, Kano.

No politics can be read into that. No North Central or South can then say that someone somewhere wants to take away their ancestral land, and present tensions would evaporate.

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by madridguy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Constructive statement.
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by SadiqBabaSani: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
This man has seen the handwriting on the wall, Well I am certain BMC are Blind else Swy too wud av seen d handwriting
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by paramakina202: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
igbodefender:
President Buhari should urgently pump in lots of money into the economy in such a way that it will circulate and The Masses would be guaranteed to feel the impact. Pump in $1 billion into the economy for starters.

The President should adopt the Falgore Solution in which Governor Ganduje of Kano called on all herdsmen to relocate to Falgore, Kano. FG should partner with Kano State to create a comfortable mega ranch for the herdsmen in Falgore, Kano.

No politics can be read into that. No North Central or South can then say that someone somewhere wants to take away their ancestral land, and present tensions would evaporate.

You never tire with this your Buhari 2023?
Igbo leaders of thought have made it known they are not interested in Buhari's re-election project for Igbo presidency.

1 Like

Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Patrioticooduan: 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
2019 should be the year every tribe should come together to discuss about Nigeria's future because whether you accept it or not, with this system of government, Nigeria will never change! Forget about Saraki and co. Those ones are there to steal. Saraki, Atiku and Buhari don't support restructuring. In fact, majority of Nigeria politicians don't. Nigeria won't improve even if Atiku/Saraki become president. They are aware of this. What did the both achieve when they Governors of their respective states? Nothing! So don't expect anything to change. The politicians don't support restructuring for many reasons. To be sincere, I don't see how will be restructured. I don't think it will ever be. The country will be like this for decades.
Nigeria by 2030 will be worse than today. I am sorry to say this but it is the truth.
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by yipata: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
AT LAST SOMEONE IS THINKING AND SAYING IT RIGHTLY.
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Paperwhite(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
“There is no question that the economy is not doing well. There is no question that a lot of people are suffering. Nobody imposed Buhari on Nigerians. People voted for him."
So economy & people are suffering lost yet you think the clueless government should still continue.God go punish you man. angry angry
Tam-David West is one of the people who enthroned this evil government for Nigerians to suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by SalamRushdie: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
While millions of Nigerians are still waiting for Tam David West to show us direction to the petrol stations selling fuel at 40 Naira a litre he is unashamedly still prancing his mouth with double speak which are the hall marks of all dishonarable men I know and have read of...I am still yet to see just one person of honour that still supports Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Paperwhite(m): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
igbodefender:

[s]President Buhari should urgently pump in lots of money into the economy in such a way that it will circulate and The Masses would be guaranteed to feel the impact. Pump in $1 billion into the economy for starters.[/s]

[s]No politics can be read into that. No North Central or South can then say that someone somewhere wants to take away their ancestral land, and present tensions would evaporate.Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023 [/s]
Only sensible thing here.
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by plaetton: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
igbodefender:

Very delusional.
You're making a lot of baseless assumptions.
First, you're assuming that Buhari understands simply economics, which is he is completely clueless of.
Secondly, you assume that Buhari gives a rat's bottom about the welfare of any Nigerian other than his very very poor poor northerners, who are much much less equipped to take advantage of any economic opportunities than their southern counterparts. When the economy grows, those with the most opportunities are the ones who benefit and swell the middle class. In such cases ,as seen from 1999 to 2015, the Igbos, the Yorubas and other southerners greatly expanded their middle class.

Just as in his first Missionless Journey, Buhari's agenda has been to halt the economic progress and mobility of the overwhelmingly southern middle class, and then surreptitiously distribute our commonwealth to his economically ostracized Fulani brethren.

If you doubt this theory or think it's just the opinion of someone who doesn't like Buhari, kindly take your time to re-examine the economic and political agendas of Buhari from 1983-1985 , and then from 2015 to present.

Don't you consider it odd that Buhari wants to supposedly distribute $350b Abacha loot(his friend and benefactor) back to his northern brethren, instead of investing it on education or any other critical part the economy?
More puzzling is that his government is seeking $2b loan to fund the budget at the same.

Anyone who expects any iota of economic progress from Buhari's agenda , progress that would undoubtedly benefit mostly Southerners, is delusional.
No simpler way of saying it.
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by osscarr(m): 4:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Oga there is no room for lookwormness here is either u want him or u don't or are u afraid of him?
Coward
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by Tarzan360(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
Lols some elders no get shame, even elders sit on the fence in nigeria politics
Re: Tam David-west: Do I Want Buhari To Win Second Term? Yes And No. by gurunlocker: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
igbodefender:

My God! How can one be this senseless?

(1) (Reply)

APC Thugs Scattered Ballot Box / Dailymail News Paper About Anthony Joshua In 2012 / I Am Relieved That Ortom Left APC, He Diverted N22bn In Benue - Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.