Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? (1622 Views)

FG: $400m Required To Complete Abandoned Millennium Tower / Nigeria Seeks $400 Million Private Investment To Complete Millennium Tower / Andy Uba’s Campaign Billboard At The Abuja International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by meobizy(f): 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
I haven't visited Abuja in five years or so since I last left. I served there some years before 2010 and got acquainted with the place, living an extra four years before bidding the beautiful city goodbye.

I remember very well the plans which went into the Millennium Tower. I can't remember the details fully but I followed every little bit of information aimed to educate the masses. From what I remember it was meant to put Nigeria with the likes of Dubai, displaying modern infrastructure found nowhere else in the world.

The project's date of completion was slated for 2010. However in 2010 most of the ongoing work was halted -- citing disputes between the government at the time and building contractors. This continued state of confusion led to a work-halt-work-halt situation which carried on for two full years and little work to show for it.

As at 2013 the tower was still at 10% completion. I have no idea how far has gone into it today.

Please, any nairalander in Abuja should update me on the going ons regarding the tower. Is it at least 80% complete now or is the building something I should forget about -- hoping my grandchildren get to see its completion one day?
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by CoolFreeday(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
No
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by meobizy(f): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
From what I can see dated 2017 it's obvious work has gone into the project. I'm impressed to see it is still ongoing but sad because advanced countries have achieved more in less than five years.

When I schooled in England my institution built a sky scraper type building for a faculty in only six months. I got to see the area undergo clearing, excavation and the building erected like a real life Lego set. I shook my head at the impossbility of the same happening in my home country.

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2015/03/abuja-skyline-03.jpg[/img]

Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by modsfucker: 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nope... The tower and the neighboring National Library are still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by GOFRONT(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
Corruption wont allow for speedy completion of the Tower...

This is Nigeria
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by slimfit1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Wait and see how stolen money can erect 10 story building in 7 months.
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by Horus(m): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
The project has been abandoned
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by meobizy(f): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2018
Horus:
The project has been abandoned
I don't believe this. Show proof.
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by gaby(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2018
dem don dey build this thing for aeons wen all my bia bia , e no dey pass where e dey...no all my bia bia don white finish, still same old.

Click on my signature to read the irregular migrants story of perils, triumphs and karma. To make your weekend more exciting, I have decided to do a free read promo on Okada books tomorrow. Do check in and leave me kind reviews, I do have an account number in case you are led to donate for the book..lol.
Re: Is The Abuja Millennium Tower Complete Yet? by meobizy(f): 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
2021 and as at December the place looked no different from those 2017 pictures. There were workers who started and closed there regularly when I visited. I saw no visible update to the area. E no go get better for Naija.

The sewer covers of Abuja streets have gone missing. I don’t know if this was carried out by hoodlums or the government pulled them off and didn’t care to replace them. God save us because they were potential hazards.

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun NYSC Could Not Have Issued Minister’s Certificate, Says Ex-dg / Is Ekweremadu The Brain Behind Saraki Political Deftness And Moves? / Breaking : Angry Mob Stops Gov. Ortom From Attending APC Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.