Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C (362 Views)

Timi Frank To Buhari: Your Speech Worse Than COVID-19 / Atiku: How Buhari’s Cronies Acquired Shares In Keystone Bank, 9mobile / "Where Is Your Brain?" - FFK To PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by deantimes(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On Corruption Allegations

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has been called upon to allow his cronies accused of corruption to prove their innocence through the judiciary just like Bukola Saraki, the Senate President, did.

The call is coming from a former spokesman and chieftain of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), Timi Frank, in reaction to Mr Buhari’s comments on the acquittal of Mr Saraki on false assets declaration charges.

The Supreme Court had exonerated Mr Saraki of all the charges levelled against him.

Reacting, Mr Buhari, said the country’s judicial system, no matter the challenges it faces, is truly working and no one should be allowed to undermine or break it.

“I have seen many instances where individuals and groups seek the destruction of the judicial institution in the foolish thinking of saving their skin, instead of going through the painstaking process of establishing their innocence,” he said in a statement signed by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu.

In his reaction, Mr Frank described the president’s comment as “hypocritical.”

Frank in a statement in Abuja on Sunday, said it would have been better for the President to have maintained a dignified silence rather than betraying his emotion by comparing his purely political judicial antecedents to the persecution of Saraki.

He said that Buhari should have since demonstrated his faith in the judiciary by ensuring that all persons around him that have been accused of corruption are also made to prove their innocence through the judicial process instead of shielding them from prosecution.

“I find it a joke of the year and facetiously hypocritical for Mr. President to say that Saraki’s “tortuous journey” to victory at the Supreme Court is akin to his own three-time sojourn through the judicial apparatchik, he said.

“What does Mr. President mean? Is he saying that he tacitly supported the persecution of the President of the Senate simply because he emerged as the Presiding Officer of the Senate on June 9, 2015 against the wish of a cabal in the party with his tacit support?

“To prove his new faith in the Judiciary, let the executive arraign and ensure that persons like the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. David Babacheer Lawal and the former Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, to prove their innocence over the grass cutting scandal and corruption petitions from the Rivers State Government against them respectively.

“We knew from day one that the charge of alleged false asset declaration against Saraki was a political vendetta plotted to shame and pull Saraki down. We never had doubt that the judiciary would vindicate him. Our only fear was the attacks and intimidation of judicial officers, by agents of this administration to force a miscarriage of justice.

“I think the President should have been courageous enough to ask the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) – that hijacked the job of the Code of Conduct Bureau and championed the persecution of Saraki – to apologize to him.

“To equate Saraki’s unjust trial to Buhari’s episodes of legal battle to prove that he was cheated during three presidential elections is to admit guilt. It is like ‘I went through hell and I also wanted you to go through hell to know how it feels.’

“I think that this type of mindset is sadistic and un-fatherly, if that was the thinking behind the statement issued on Saturday by Garba Shehu – Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity.

“I think the Justices of the Supreme Court and the Chairman and members of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), deserve the commendation of all Nigerians for seeing the case for what it was, and for their courage in preventing a calamitous injustice which was about to perpetrated against an innocent man,” Frank noted.

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/frank-pmb-saraki-ministers-innocence-corruption-like-saraki-did/
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by samuelchimmy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
H
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by deantimes(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by wizhack(m): 4:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
uhmmmmmm,..... we're watching......but wait o, did i just give a Bleep oh men........ shit

please check my link..

LOVE.....nd other interesting poems written by me......
http://linuxgateworld..com/2018/07/love.html
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by ojun50(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2018
hhfggg fdhjfnff
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by Homeboiy: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
sad
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by Paperwhite(m): 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
"None of my my appointees are corrupt.My appointees are above board"-Buhari.
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by ozoebuka1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
Lmao would he allow that? I doubt.
Re: Frank To PMB: Like Saraki, Allow Your Accused Cronies Prove Their Innocence On C by Mynd44: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2018

(1)

R-APC: The Issues, The Reasons, And The Implications / Apc’s Opinion On The Coalition. / Senators Disagree Over PDP, R-APC Coalition Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.