Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari (527 Views)

We Will Support A President From The West If He Is Not Tunubu. / Thirteen Obasanjos, Alao-akalas Couldn’t Have Impeached Me – Ladoja / Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by Dotng: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Tam David-West: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari

sor Tam David-West, a diehard supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari and former Minister of Petroleum and Energy, says although things can change quickly in a few months, he would not, at the moment, wish for Buhari to return for a second term I office.

Speaking in an interview with The Sun, however, David-West said he would not toe the line of “professional letter writers”, such as Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida, who are telling the President outright not to seek a second term.

He noted that if Buhari can make the people happy in the coming months, a million Obasanjos or Babangidas can’t stop him from winning a second term.

“It is not true. It does not necessarily follow. Do I want Buhari to win second term? Yes and no. Yes, because I don’t associate myself with the theatricals of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, and Theophilus Danjuma. If people think he is doing well, they will vote for him. If people think he has not done well, they won’t vote for him,” he said.

“But immediately you have people who are professional letter writers, trying to make sure, who are you to tell Buhari not to seek second term? You once sought third term. He who goes to equity must have clean hands. Obasanjo is not qualified at all to tell Buhari not to seek second term. When you were seeking third term, they wanted to change the constitution for you.

“And my answer is ‘no’ because things must improve. I know that within few months, a government can make purposeful impact. Right now, why I am saying ‘no’ is that I ask myself as a supporter of Buhari: Are the people happy? A good friend is not one who praises you, but the one who tells you the truth. There is no question that people are not happy. There is no question that the economy is not doing well. There is no question that a lot of people are suffering. So, if he wants to run for a second term, it will be on his ticket.

“Nobody imposed Buhari on Nigerians. People voted for him. Get the ticket first and when you take the ticket, let the people be happy. Where there are areas of discontent and concerns, try to take active steps to correct them so that you can give greater happiness to greater number. When Nigerians are happy, they will vote for you. One million Obasanjos cannot stop them. When Nigerians are happy, one million Danjuma and Babangida cannot stop them. They will vote for you. Nigerians are not fools. When you are doing well, they will vote for you.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/07/08/tam-david-west-if-people-are-happy-one-million-obasanjos-can’t-stop-buhari
Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by buharitill2023: 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Of course the president has done what he suppose to do.

Except the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra that has be wailing even before buhari assumed office.

My annoyance with buhari is that he decided to embark on capital project instead of to be sharing the money through corruption to the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra, so that they can vote for him the same way they voted for their ineffectual buffoon, because they like corruption and free money, that is why they are called the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
No one is happy , so , obj carry on

1 Like

Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by BeingFrank(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
Given few seconds or a thousand years, Buhari can't change anything for better, but I won't doubt his abilities and special gifts to worsen things given the same time frame. Therefore he must be thrown out of Aso Rock, for the blood of the innocent to cease flowing, the economy of the country to Stop being brutally raped, the unity and reputation of Nigeria to have a breathing space.
Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by ojun50(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
Nd who told u people are happy with him.
Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by Silvermoney: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
An old man like this speaking from both sides of the mouth. It's a shame.

What exactly is his stand? What is HIS opinion on Buhari's performance and re-electability?
Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
What point did he make really?

If the people were happy... Lord Lugard would still be ruling..

1 Like

Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
This tam David had told Nigerians during campaign in 2015 that buhari would make ₦1 at per to $1.Currently,$1 which was #200 before buhari became president is now ₦400.Hypocrite.
Re: Tam David-west: If The People Are Happy, One Million Obasanjos Can’t Stop Buhari by ERockson: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Mr David west, Where is #40 per litre petrol you promised if PMB should win 2015 election?. Stuupiid old fuuuu

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of PDP Members That Have Dramatized Their Health Status / APC Leader Falls Off Two-storey Building, Dies / Ekiti Decides: Card Reader Rejects PDP Candidate’s PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.