Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Modern Day Children N Our Culture - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Modern Day Children N Our Culture (662 Views)

Arranged Marriages Were Better Than Modern Marriages. / Modern Day Witchcraft As A Bird Turns Into A Woman In Broad Day Light / Modern Igbo Baby Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Day Children N Our Culture by suggyspic: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Hi room, sometimes i wonder if our culture would survive the next generation. My wife bought a layer Hen and left it to roam round the compound. our neigbours children came back from school and Starter shouting, mummy, mummy vulture vulture. all attempt to tell them its a (fowl) hen proof abortive. same incident when i took my cousins children to the village. They saw a goat with horns and shouted mummy mummy this Dog have horns. what would happen to our culture in the next generation.
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Agluvs9ja(f): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ha ha ha. . .
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Outstrip(f): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2010
Blame the parents WTF. My baby knows exactly what a goat looks like and he has only seen it on you tube
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Tgirl4real(f): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
lol.
Haba! They teach all dat in sch na
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Fhemmmy: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2010
Like someone said, blame the parents and maybe blame poverty that has allowed the mother and the mother to leave the kids to grown up on their own while they look for what the kids will eat.
A 2 year old kid should know the differences btw a goat and a dog
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Sissy3(f): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
dont the children go to school?

these are things kids are taught in school with vivid drawings
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by aieromon(m): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
suggyspic:

Hi room, sometimes i wonder if our culture would survive the next generation. My wife bought a layer Hen and left it to roam round the compound. our neigbours children came back from school and Starter shouting, mummy, mummy vulture vulture. all attempt to tell them its a (fowl) hen proof abortive. same incident when i took my cousins children to the village. They saw a goat with horns and shouted mummy mummy this Dog have horns. what would happen to our culture in the next generation.

Dumb kids lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by fifi09(f): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
This is just way TOO Funny! grin
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Fhemmmy: 2:15am On Jun 11, 2010
fifi09:

This is just way TOO Funny! grin

You think it is funny that some kids that ought to know difference btw a dog and a goat dont is funny?
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Osama10(m): 2:17am On Jun 11, 2010
This is serious.
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by fifi09(f): 3:09am On Jun 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You think it is funny that some kids that ought to know difference btw a dog and a goat dont is funny?

Yeah, it's quite annoying but C'mon, the vulture part is very funny! grin
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Agluvs9ja(f): 3:40am On Jun 11, 2010
The vulture part was way 2 funny!. . . But hw cum d children knows what a vulture luks lyk nd yet they dnt know what a domestic fowl luks like?.
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Tgirl4real(f): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nawa o. How can a kid that doesn't know what a chicken looks like know what a vulture is? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
It probably didnt look like the regular fowl they know and the only other bird they could compare it with was a Vulture!
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by zayhal(f): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2010
My 2-year old has not started going to school. She can identify a dog, hen, got, sheep, snake etc. c'mon, there are pictures in books to nteach kids these things.

i can't blame those kids for being dumb (that's if the story is true), I'll blame the parents for not teaching them.
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by suggyspic: 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
you really need to see this hen when cooked. i dont blame the children it really looks like a vulture.
Re: Modern Day Children N Our Culture by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2010
zayhal:

My 2-year old has not started going to school. She can identify a dog, hen, got, sheep, snake etc. c'mon, there are pictures in books to nteach kids these things.

i can't blame those kids for being dumb (that's if the story is true), I'll blame the parents for not teaching them.

My point exactly, cos a kid that cant identify those animals has a problem and the parents have their works cut out for them

(1) (Reply)

Change Of Name / _switched _ / Marriage On The Way Out? If Not Why Are There So Many Divorces?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.