Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna (101792 Views)

Pipeline Explosion Rocks Abule-Egba In Lagos / Fire Engulfs NNPC Depot In Ibadan / Fire Outbreak At NNPC Depot Minna While People Were Scooping Fuel (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Ekaka1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
chibu4u2:

Sodom and gomorrah dey learn for where naija dey.......this country don finish pata pata
In lying Mohammed"s voice:" Corrupsion is fighting back"..... shocked
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by amaks: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
1. Leaking pipes.
Poor maintenance. No safety culture or no adherence to safety procedures when incidents occur, till it turns to accident.

2. No security or security was compromised.
Black marketers can enter the secure depot facility to scoop fuel. Terrorist might as well plant bombs too.

3. There is hunger and desperation and poverty and insecurity in the land. Naija, Naija, I fear for thy future. Either something must change seriously or something bad will give in. As it's happening all over. Either way people/humans must find a way to survive, that's nature at work.
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by durubennie(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
the more i begin to ponder about the thing causing the problems of our country the more discombobulated i get.
sad
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Cumtroller: 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
stane007:
There was pandemonium today in  Pogo Minna of Niger state, as a depot of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was gutted by fire.

The leakages from the pipes at the Depot which caused the fire was noticed on Saturday night, and  Vanguard reported that some black marketers stormed the area and started scooping fuel from the leaking pipes which later caught fire.

Though no life was lost, it was gathered that the fire started around 11am yesterday and this greatly affected traffic along the Minna-Suleja road as vehicles could not pass through leaving commuters stranded. Security Agents including the Police, Civil Defence and Niger State Emergency Agency, (NSEMA) were all at hand to spread to the main NNPC Depot, and also kept the miscreants away from further scooping.

“We have been on ground since yesterday the leakage started but despite our presence and vigilance, these desperate miscreants or black marketers eventually caused the fire outbreak as they still sneaked to the gutters to start scooping.”

“However, we were able to dislodge them from the scene later and this eventually saved the situation from getting out of control and also averted casualties" a staff of the depot said.

A resident of the area Malam Abdul Baba Mohammed who confirmed the incident, disclosed that when the leakage started towards Saturday night, it ran through the gutters which later attracted the black marketers to the area who started scooping.

“Despite the presence of security men including Police and Civil Defence among others, the boys refused to stop and the fire eventually started but the prompt arrival of the state fire service to the Scene saved the situation from totally going out of hand.”

The Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Mallam Ibrahim Yahaya, on the other hand said, “for now we have not been able to ascertain the level of damage because our primary objective is to see that the fire is totally put off and prevent these black marketers from further scooping in order to safe lives.”

https://lailasnews.com/explosion-rocks-nnpc-depot-in-minna/

Explosion that killed no one, is that one explosion?
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Positivepoint(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
davillian:
There is hunger and poverty in the land.
FTC by mistake since 2011.
My PVC is ready and I will take bribe from APC and still vote buhari out .

A vote that is light as a feather is than one a vote.
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by lastmaster(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
I swear, Nigeria is an evil forest
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Nnamdiojukwu: 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
mysteriousman:
Hope they were able to minimize the damages
Minimise which damage, I passed there a moment ago the situation there is still tense with serious looking security agents everywhere,eg mopol,civil defence and SARS etc, all of them are just watching from afar,the fire is approaching the tanks.
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Ekaka1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
Lord have mercy!
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by cabilla(m): 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
izzy4shizzy:
This one that fuel is catching fire anyhow,

Is it a sign Nigeria is heading towards hell or already in hell sef
we r in hell
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by blackgold2018(m): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
NNPC depot has its majorly known but that's literally Products and Pipelines Marketing Company(PPMC, one of the subsidiaries of NNPC)
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by engrjacuzzi: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
wetin concern me self

Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by ladygudhead(f): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
PigBenis:
I actually thought i saw BigPenis at first. lolz chai! ... i aff rilly gone far! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Dollabiz: 1:13am On Jul 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by Diso60090(m): 1:48am On Jul 09, 2018
t12tosin:
Question: true fire outbreak or some shit being covered up?

You nor get buhari number make you call am to find out the truth
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by jahsharon: 6:41am On Jul 09, 2018
davillian:
There is hunger and poverty in the land.
FTC by mistake since 2011.
My PVC is ready and I will take bribe from APC and still vote buhari out .

You have just one vote. Buhari has about 15 million religious followers in the North because Buharism is a religion. Present a better alternative and we shall all kick Buhari's butt back to his village. However, if your best bets are the generational looters like Atiku, Sule Lamido, Donald Duke, Kingsley Moghalu who could not make any positive impact when he was CBN deputy governor, Kwakwaso, Dankwabo and other nonentities parading themselves, then Bulgari will win by up to 7 million margin.
Re: Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:45am On Jul 09, 2018
HOPE NOBODY DIE??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Who Defied Lockdown Order Slaps Soldier For Punishing Him (Video) / 2 Black Ladies Fight Shamelessly In Public, Strip Themselves Half Unclad (Pics) / Lagos Girls Accused Of Having Sex With German Shepherd For ₦1.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.