Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,621 members, 7,955,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! (594 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo Caused Hatred, Envy In Christendom / The Danger Of Marrying Gentile Women / Apostle Johnson Suleman: Coronavirus Will Disappear The Way It Came (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 11:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
I weep and weep and weep because salvation belonged originally to the Jews.However what pains me most is to see the way ignorant Gentile christians keep on claiming what they are not and not facing who they really are in the spirit realm.
Our background and foundation is pure Idolatry which means satan worship.
Idolatry is a system of false worship designed by the devil,to control the land,the race,tongue or tribe in all over the world.Satan introduced it because he loved to be worshipped & that people serve him more than God.1 corinthians 10:20 makes it clear that the things the gentiles sacrifice are to demons and not God.
it was no wonder God gave Abram and sarai another new name, called them out of their evil background and foundation and made a covenant with them before giving the promise to their seed!
Ask yourself why God did not bless them in an Idolatrous land?
if the foundations be destroyed ,what can the righteous do,abram was a syrian but God changed his name,his location,his family in 1
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2018
day.At one time Abram made a mistake by marrying Hagar ,a mistake that birthed terrorism into the world.God told him to walk before him and be perfect!!!
God later changed his name.
That was Abram oh! our father of faith to be before God delivered him from an evil foundation talkless of the children of Isreal, Gods own people!!!
This is why the Apostle paul in his letter to the roman church warned them of boasting against the Jews.
Now ,abram was a fornicator,a bloody man,an idolator and sarai was a barren one,a jealous one all in one picture we see why the foundation of every christian matters a lot before they are born again and after they are born again.
Failure to dig and uproot out and evil foundation would result in harsh consequences in the Journey of a christian life.
God called Abram out of his fathers house & land,gave him a new name,made a covenant with him of blessing and promise and with his descendants and seed.
This meant that abram was living in bondage before,was under a curse.
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by luvmijeje(f): 3:21am On Jul 09, 2018
Oga OP, there's this misconception in the Christian world that Abraham made a mistake by marrying Hagar. Well I'm about to debunk that misconception.

There is nothing Abraham did that's not in obedience to God. Is it the circumcision. Is it leaving his home of origin. Is it getting a wife for Issac? Abraham has been working in obedience.

SO what makes you think after walking so long in obedience, that he didn't ask for God's consent before accepting Hagar as wife from Sarah,

If he indeed ask for consent and it's God's plan for him to marry Hagar, then the narrative of Abraham being the problem of terrorism has to change.

The Problem of terrorism is not Abraham Sir. It's religion. The teaching of man to think there's only one way to God. While every other way is evil.
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Butterflyleo: 6:36am On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:
Oga OP, there's this misconception in the Christian world that Abraham made a mistake by marrying Hagar. Well I'm about to debunk that misconception.

There is nothing Abraham did that's not in obedience to God. Is it the circumcision. Is it leaving his home of origin. Is it getting a wife for Issac? Abraham has been working in obedience.

SO what makes you think after walking so long in obedience, that he didn't ask for God's consent before accepting Hagar as wife from Sarah,

If he indeed ask for consent and it's God's plan for him to marry Hagar, then the narrative of Abraham being the problem of terrorism has to change.

The Problem of terrorism is not Abraham Sir. It's religion. The teaching of man to think there's only one way to God. While every other way is evil.

What are the other ways to God?

cc muttleylaff
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by luvmijeje(f): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

What are the other ways to God?

cc muttleylaff

I'm happy that you copied muttleylaff. And I'm happy you're now seeing not challenging something that oppose your belief is not the best tactics.

The Muslim have their way of communicating with God. The Buddhist have their way of communicating with God. The Sango worshippers have their own way of communicating with God. The Atheists has their own way of communicating with God(I'm expecting them to debunk and I'll prove them wrong)

Just because they don't communicate to God the way you do doesn't make them evil. It doesn't make you superior than them. It doesn't make them a fool and it doesn't make them a swine.

And just because they don't communicate to God the way you do doesn't mean God is not making use of them, the way He does with you.
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by MuttleyLaff: 7:15am On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

There is nothing Abraham did that's not in obedience to God. Is it the circumcision.
Is it leaving his home of origin. Is it getting a wife for Issac? Abraham has been working in obedience.

If he indeed ask for consent and it's God's plan for him to marry Hagar,
then the narrative of Abraham being the problem of terrorism has to change.

The Problem of terrorism is not Abraham Sir. It's religion.
The teaching of man to think there's only one way to God. While every other way is evil.
I had earlier yesterday wanted to pull you up on this, but let it until now slide
You would do well to revisit James 1:27
and then come back to clarify here, the sort of religion, you stated confidently and forcefully, as a fact, that is the problem of terrorism

1 Like

Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:19am On Jul 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I had earlier yesterday wanted to pull you up on this, but let it until now slide
and then come back to clarify here, the sort of religion, you stated confidently and forcefully, as a fact, that is the problem of terrorism

Every single religion that believes there is only one way to God and every other way is evil. And you are all guilty. Your disrespect for each other. Your condescending attitude towards each other proves it(I'm also guilty too).
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Butterflyleo: 7:28am On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

I'm happy that you copied muttleylaff. And I'm happy you're now seeing not challenging something that oppose your belief is not the best tactics.

The Muslim have their way of communicating with God. The Buddhist have their way of communicating with God. The Sango worshippers have their own way of communicating with God. The Atheists has their own way of communicating with God(I'm expecting them to debunk and I'll prove them wrong)

Just because they don't communicate to God the way you do doesn't make them evil. It doesn't make you superior than them. It doesn't make them a fool and it doesn't make them a swine.

And just because they don't communicate to God the way you do doesn't mean God is not making use of them, the way He does with you.

Get one thing straight. I only engage people I perceive as theists and not people who aren't which is why I asked you this question.

I can engage those who aren't theists offline in person as that way, it would include observing of facial expressions, and physical reactions. Online give opportunity for one to mask how they truly feel with deception.

I think you have it all wrong. When did I call anyone a fool or evil or swine due to perceiving they allegedly communicate with God in another way.

Let me set you straight.

Jesus said emphatically and I quote

John 14:16

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me

He said NO ONE and I believe you know what NO ONE means and what the words EXCEPT THROUGH ME also mean.

The bible also says in 1st John 4:7-8

Beloved let us LOVE ONE ANOTHER for LOVE IS OF GOD and everyone that loves IS BORN OF GOD. He that does not love does not KNOW GOD. FOR GOD IS LOVE

God being Love shows that this kind of Love being spoken about is not the kind we practice here on earth. Its the kind that is GOD APPROVED and scripture explained that kind of GOD APPROVED LOVE in 1st Corinthians 13:3-7

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Notice I deliberately began from the part that does not include spirituality in it which was why I began from verse 3.

That shows you Gods standard.

Granted that God can make use of anyone but that is Gods discretion and not of their making, neither did they contribute anything to make God use them. Same way Pharaoh did not contribute anything to make God use him. God simply CHOSE to use him to demonstrate His power. Same way with king Nebuchadnezzar.

Hebrews 11:6 declares

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, [b]for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Notice the part in red? Must FIRST BELIEVE THAT GOD IS! That God is what?

Who can come to God or communicate with God whom they say does not exist.

Those you call Sango worshippers have what they feel are gods but you and I know that they are idols and not the one true God. Buddhists do not believe in a God or god. Buddhist thought consistently rejects the notion of a creator deity.

So how you came to arrive at their communicating with God despite not BELIEVING in him is skewed.

Now let's link this.

God is a straight shooter and he did not go through all the trouble of sending us Jesus if the Sango worshippers and Buddhists and others could just have continued with their old ways. He did not send us out to THE WORLD which houses also the Sango Worshippers and Bhuddists to preach to them if they could have just continued in their old ways and be righteous by so doing.

Mark 16: 15-18

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover

EVERY CREATURE is the word used and it never said EVERY CREATURE EXCEPT SANGO WORSHIPPERS OR BHUDDISTS OR ATHEISTS. It says EVERY.

It went further to say HE THAT BELIEVES AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL BE SAVED. Well I guess according to you, the atheist or sango worshipper or bhuddists do not need to believe this Gospel so may as well continue with their own way despite the scriptures clearly saying that if they do not believe THEY WILL BE DAMNED!

This then brings me to this question. Why do you bother about "correcting the wrongs of atheists or correcting their wrong interpretation of the bible" after all God can still use them as he would the believers and since they also communicate with God despite being in error which you wish to correct?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Butterflyleo: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Succinct!
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:
Every single religion that believes there is only one way to God and every other way is evil. And you are all guilty. Your disrespect for each other. Your condescending attitude towards each other proves it(I'm also guilty too).
Let's put your opinions aside and look at the fact luv'

Please paste on here as many Bible translations of James 1:27 you're able to get your hands on.
Let's both find out what it has to say about religion, and the kind God approves of.
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by tartar9(m): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2018
"Abram made a mistake by marrying Hagar ,a mistake that birthed terrorism into the world"

Explain this your mumu statement undecided

1 Like

Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

Its not religion,right from the beginning sin entered the world and the fruits of sin are the evils we see today!
abram was not yet called abraham when he committed fornication!
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 1:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
tartar9:
"Abram made a mistake by marrying Hagar ,a mistake that birthed terrorism into the world"

Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2018
Honesty007:

Its not religion,right from the beginning sin entered the world and the fruits of sin are the evils we see today!
abram was not yet called abraham when he committed fornication!
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
tartar9:

Abram was not abraham when he went into hagar.God rejected ishmael as an evil seed from an eternity past.Abraham lived in righteousness and birthed issac.God doesnt work in sin.
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2018
luvmijeje:

Religion is mans way of redemption .salvation is from above ,not beneath.Terrorism is a religion emanating from the root cause ie sin
God doesnt work via a sinful foundation
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
The wealth that ishmael was blessed with was not everlasting wealth but physical.
it was not spiritual but physical.
we all know that God permits things to happen.
Issac was called laughter because,God knew he could not rely or continue his divine plan of salvation on a sinful foundation of unrighteousness.
so God permitted ishmael to live and not inherit his eternal promise!
Take note,did u hear any where in the bible that Issac sinned?
so Ishmael vs Issac
Esau vs Jacob.
satan continued his plan of destruction with Ishmael's seed.
The son(ishmael) of the bondwoman(hagar) can not be heirs of the promise with the son(issac) of the freewoman(sarah).
i pity all muslims laying claim to mecca or Jerusalem of this present age as a holy site.
Galatians 4:24-25 neutralizes the physical significance of the hajj or holypilgrimage.mount sinai in saudi arabia ie holysite is all bondage of the bondwoman religion ie ISLAM and it does not give its adherents eternal life via Jesus christ the revelation of salvation.
gal 4:26
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
The Jerusalem of above is free,what does this mean?
The physical foundation,physical nation,physical sites of religious worshippers today is not what we call the church,but just a place of worship.The individual who accepts Jesus christ into his heart is now the church,in whom the spirit of God and his kingdom dwells therein.
we are the temple of God in a temporary body and we are the spiritual stones,living stones fitted together in the house of God,Jesus christ himself being the chief cornerstone.
when Jesus christ came to this world,he came to set up Gods kingdom in the hearts of men.God established it by making Jesus christ that spiritual foundation,the apostles were laid on him and some were pillars of that new foundation which is spiritual.
But the Jews who were blind were expecting a physical kingdom,a physical savior,a political and economic deliverer who would redeem them from under roman rulership.so they rejected Jesus christ,rejected salvation,rejected the spiritual foundation and were blind
Re: Gentile Background:why Christendom Is Like The Way It Is!! by Honesty007(m): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2018
luvmijeje:

op i hope u know the difference between god and GOD.one is a demon,a creature of the creator now rebellious,a fallen angel that idol worshippers worship while GOD is the Creator,only true GOD ,I AM THAT I AM

(1) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Pastors That Were Accused Of Adultery – No. 3 & 6 Cases Shook Nigeria / MouthAction In Christian Marriage / Nigeria Can't Move Forward If U Don't Go Back To Our Forefather Dieties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.