Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security (575 Views)

Siemens Extends Completion Of Nigeria’s Power Project To 2030 / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem / Monguno: Buhari Plans To Overhaul Security Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security by Infonews2: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2018
Former Vice President and frontline presidential aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has laid out
his plan to resuscitate the nation’s power sector, create jobs and ensure security of lives and property if he becomes the president.
He added: “Our electricity generation plan shall be diversified to include clean energy (hydro, solar and nuclear) in addition to natural gas. As you may be aware, the transmission infrastructure of the power sector is ageing and in dire need of investment.

“We shall provide incentives, including tax breaks to the private sector to invest in the development of multiple green field mini-grid transmission systems.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1456/atiku-outlines-plan-to-overhaul-nigeria-power-sector-security?new=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 uboma oam4j seun

Re: Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security by Richiez(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2018
Very nice idea

1 Like

Re: Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 09, 2018
Buhari made us loose hope with promises...
Re: Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security by IBBG(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
this man seems to have the right template to turn around this country. Out of all the candidates so far challenging buhari, he seems to really understand the perilous challenges bedeviling this nation. He seems to be a man who has really done his home work fine. I love his economic ideology of liberalization and decentralization to open up the economy for investment. His economic postulation on paper is better than that of all other candidates so far. And of course he is a big proponent of restructuring of which he appears to seriously have the political will to implement. I used to be a big fan of dankwambo and was rooting for him to be the presidential aspirant of PDP, but i don't think he is ready to be president yet as he is a rookie and we can't afford another jonathan who was not ready to be president. I know a lot of people have this perception of corruption about Atiku of which i am one of them, but lets face it, non of our politicians are saints, as buhari has demystify political sainthood. As for me i want a vibrant economy, based on the tripod stand of liberalization, decentralization and restructuring to spur and attract investments from far and wide into this country like the posturing of the economy during the jonathan era. The economy should be our area of priority interms of the candidate we vote for ahead of 2019, because it affects everybody, as we can't afford a president that does not understand the rudiments of modern economics. So far Atiku seems to have the template for that, and he has won me over, if someone else comes with something superior to what Atiku is proposing, the candidate has my support.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Outlines Plan To Overhaul Nigeria Power Sector, Security by Ovamboland(m): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
Infonews2:
Former Vice President and frontline presidential aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has laid out
his plan to resuscitate the nation’s power sector, create jobs and ensure security of lives and property if he becomes the president.
He added: “Our electricity generation plan shall be diversified to include clean energy (hydro, solar and nuclear) in addition to natural gas. As you may be aware, the transmission infrastructure of the power sector is ageing and in dire need of investment.

“We shall provide incentives, including tax breaks to the private sector to invest in the development of multiple green field mini-grid transmission systems.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1456/atiku-outlines-plan-to-overhaul-nigeria-power-sector-security?new=1

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 uboma oam4j seun

Is this a plan? OP do you know the meantime of a plan or outline?
No figures, no capacity, no timeline, no break down of what is required at generation, transmission and distribution and you call this a plan?

(1) (Reply)

It's Nigeria Money, Not Gej's Nor Pmb's / Bishops Gather To Pray For Deputy Senate President Over EFCC Attack / Primate Ayodele: Only Senator Saraki Can Win 2019 Poll For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.