Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

MTN High-handedness Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN High-handedness Again (677 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN High-handedness Again by Olubidex: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hi everyone out there, I have unjustly fall in the hand of MTN Nigeria. I have from time to time read on here the operational mistakes of many Nigerian mobile network operator which in most cases they wanted or expected customers to to bear the loss. They will never loss anyway.
Back to my issue with them, on the 5th of this month (last week Thursday), I decided to subscribe to MTN 1.5Gb @ #1200. The money was deducted but I didn't get their complimentary message acknowledging the transaction. After some time I turn on the data service on my phone and it worked. However, few minutes later I started receiving some messages for failed deactivation process.
That was it, since Friday I have not being able to access the interest from the line. Please, have you experience this, what is the best way to get my voice heard and attended to. Thanks

Re: MTN High-handedness Again by meobizy(f): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2018
It's hard o. If you call customer care they might wind you up and down saying it's a third party service hence they can't help you.

I believe you should call them anyway but prepare yourself to brush this loss off. It's their company, if we had better alternatives we wouldn't patronize them.

I thought you said it was 1.5GB you ordered for? Which one is 22GB and 5GB again?
Re: MTN High-handedness Again by Olubidex: 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2018
meobizy:
It's hard o. If you call customer care they might wind you up and down saying it's a third party service hence they can't help you.

I believe you should call them anyway but prepare yourself to brush this loss off. It's their company, if we had better alternatives we wouldn't patronize them.

I thought you said it was 1.5GB you ordered for? Which one is 22GB and 5GB again?

I put those messages to show it is their systems error about the whole deactivation thing.
Re: MTN High-handedness Again by Olubidex: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks everyone MTN have reactivated my data today
Re: MTN High-handedness Again by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 12, 2018
meobizy:

There are better alternatives
Re: MTN High-handedness Again by JideSM: 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Olubidex:
Hi everyone out there, I have unjustly fall in the hand of MTN Nigeria. I have from time to time read on here the operational mistakes of many Nigerian mobile network operator which in most cases they wanted or expected customers to to bear the loss. They will never loss anyway.
Back to my issue with them, on the 5th of this month (last week Thursday), I decided to subscribe to MTN 1.5Gb @ #1200. The money was deducted but I didn't get their complimentary message acknowledging the transaction. After some time I turn on the data service on my phone and it worked. However, few minutes later I started receiving some messages for failed deactivation process.
That was it, since Friday I have not being able to access the interest from the line. Please, have you experience this, what is the best way to get my voice heard and attended to. Thanks

Hi Olubidex, i'm truly sorry for the inconvenience you may experienced. I wish to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed and resolved. I'll appreciate if you can send your mobile number via E-mail message to enable me run a check. Regards

(1) (Reply)

The New Pocophone F1 Full Review / King Is Back! Google Just Launched Pixel 3 & Pixel 3 XL / Xiaomi 8 (mi 8 & Mi 8 Explorer Edition) : Specs, Reviews And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.