Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW (20332 Views)

Nigeria's National Grid Collapses Again As Power Generation Drops To 42.7MW / Blackout: Power Generation Drops To 1,145MW / Power Generation Drops From 4,708.3MW To 2,938MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Omooba77: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2018
The nation’s electricity grid may have experienced another collapse at the weekend as the quantum of energy generated into the grid dropped to 92.30 megawatts (MW) on Sunday, the Daily Trust reports.
Records of daily operations in the power sector showed that the highest generation was 3,621MW but it sharply dropped to 92.30MW during the period as the system frequency rose to 51.18 Hertz, a level that could trigger system collapse.

Further statistics from the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing proved that beside the reported collapse at the weekend, the national grid had recorded eight system collapses in 2018 with the most recent occurring in June.

While seven were total collapse of the system, plunging the entire country into darkness in January (when five such incidences occurred), in February and in June. There was a record of partial system collapse in April.
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) which manages the grid system in its response said the system collapse occurred at about 14:27hrs of July 8, 2018. “Restoration commenced immediately after the collapse and the system was fully restored by 15:13 hours the same day.”

The spokesperson of TCN, Mrs Ndidi Mbah who confirmed this to Daily Trust said the collapse was caused by tripping of Sapele-Delta and Delta-Benin transmission lines, which reduced generation into the grid by 640MW.

“The line was fully restored by 3:15 pm Sunday and normal transmission of power also restored, yesterday,” she noted.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/national-grid-collapses-generation-drops-to-92mw-260156.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Jul 10, 2018
Wake up again NOW!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by izzou(m): 6:18am On Jul 10, 2018
angry

Since power generation is becoming impossible, let the government start sensitising and encouraging the consumers to use other forms of alternative energy

Also, the government should help subsidize the prices of PV systems so it can be much more affordable and a large number of consumers can get off the grid

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by AAlozie(m): 6:18am On Jul 10, 2018
Funny country I swear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Don4eva(m): 6:28am On Jul 10, 2018
I thought our Honourable Minister said their responsible government can fix power in six months. Moreover, power generation isn't rocket science cry

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by lordcabasa(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2018
OK... Next?
Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by magoo10(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2018
Will buhari and his minister also call this corruption fighting back?

After 4year they could not deliver their campaign promise of 20,000 mega watts. Incompetent dullard

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by babyfaceafrica: 6:51am On Jul 10, 2018
even if this administration dey do anyhow..my light has improved since last year..dem try

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by nnachukz(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2018
Now it is harder than Rocket science and 3yrs plus is now less than 6months within which serious government should have fixed power. Only in criticism and lies do you see APC perform wonder.
I can still remember zombies saying that we will soon forget about using generating set in our homes then.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by chuka5000(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2018
recently the word "collapse" is becoming a normal day to day SLANG in naija.
GOD do something before something do us o

22 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by otokx(m): 7:15am On Jul 10, 2018
Overall, there has been an improvement in electricity supply in Nigeria. More people have single phase prepaid meters now than before.

It appears there is a subtle decentralization of the national grid so the effect of a collapse is felt more by leeching communities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by deboysben(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2018
I said it fashola is not fit to be a minister. That asshole keep destroying our power sector.

Like Kemi like fashola.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Omooba77: 7:28am On Jul 10, 2018
May God save Nigeria
Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by buharitill2023: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2018
What is the problem of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra?

Because the grid just collapse in less than an hour,
They have started shouting failure.
Let's be truth to ourselves,
Did you notice the collapse.? No.

I am still enjoying the light right now.
Omooba77:
May God save Nigeria
deboysben:
I said it fashola is not fit to be a minister. That asshole keep destroying our power sector.

Like Kemi like fashola.
chuka5000:
recently the word "collapse" is becoming a normal day to day SLANG in naija.

GOD do something before something do us o
nnachukz:
Now it is harder than Rocket science and 3yrs plus is now less than 6months within which serious government should have fixed power. Only in criticism and lies do you see APC perform wonder.
I can still remember zombies saying that we will soon forget about using generating set in our homes then.
magoo10:
Will buhari and his minister also call this corruption fighting back?

After 4year they could not deliver their campaign promise of 20,000 mega watts. Incompetent dullard
Don4eva:
I thought our Honourable Minister said their responsible government can fix power in six months. Moreover, power generation isn't rocket science cry

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 10, 2018
How I wish the youths could just put tribal and religious sentiments aside and come together to vote a young capable person. If that would be done , Nigeria would be great , we have a lot of smart people scattered all over the world , I'm sure they would come back to fix this mess, I certainly would do it if all will be given positions on merits . But

This is nigeria sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Omeokachie: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2018
APC...chains!

9 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by nnachukz(m): 8:33am On Jul 10, 2018
buharitill2023:

Name calling shows how shallow you are. Now who is lazy when you could not read to where it is stated that it has collapsed severally just within this year alone?
Typical of Buhari supporters denying the reality and living in delusion. Enjoying light indeed.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Omooba77: 8:33am On Jul 10, 2018
buharitill2023:

Gbogbo enyan koni oye oye bi enyin. Must you abuse people and when has anyone turned to Biafra for saying the truth. Emi ise omo ale; Oodua ni mi

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Nbote(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2018
otokx:
Overall, there has been an improvement in electricity supply in Nigeria. More people have single phase prepaid meters now than before.

It appears there is a subtle decentralization of the national grid so the effect of a collapse is felt more by leeching communities.

Overall improvement in electricity supply in Nigeria?? Do U sit in ur house and take readings on behalf of other Nigerians?? Una ass licking is becoming disgusting by d day...

buharitill2023:

We already know d problem with U and ur likes... We know how hard it is to reason wen U have no brains... Una sense don collapse since 3yrs now

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by buharitill2023: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2018
nnachukz:

Name calling shows how shallow you are. Now who is lazy when you could not read to where it is stated that it has collapsed severally just within this year alone?
Typical of Buhari supporters denying the reality and living in delusion. Enjoying light indeed.
it happen eight times this year in less than an hour each time,
But did you notice it? No.

Unlike before, days it will not be restored.

Since this administration, we are be enjoying light.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by SalamRushdie: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
even if this administration dey do anyhow..my light has improved since last year..dem try

You are big liar ... what new thing have they put in place that improves your light? nothing has changed

20 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by babyfaceafrica: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You are big liar ... what new thing have they put in place that improves your light? nothing has changed
na you sabi..talk about your self...18 hrs no shaking

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by chymes0359(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2018
FG should have alternative to energy generation supply, investing massively on solar plant in the north is not a bad Idea..
The sunshine in most of the northern state cannot come and be wasting like that without it been utilized.
Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by SalamRushdie: 8:47am On Jul 10, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
na you sabi..talk about your self...18 hrs no shaking

Na lie jare

6 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by nnachukz(m): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2018
buharitill2023:
it happen eight times this year in less than an hour each time,
But did you notice it? No.

Unlike before, days it will not be restored.

Since this administration, we are be enjoying light.
Asking someone a question and answering it yourself without waiting for the answer shows only one thing.
Keep lying to yourself that there is any noticeable improvement in power supply across the country.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by babyfaceafrica: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Na lie jare
k
Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by otokx(m): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2018
Haters will always hate instead of making concrete efforts to better their life.

There is currently a grand plan to issue single phase prepaid meters (ppm) to every household in Port Harcourt free of charge.

Having recently moved into an area that values and enjoys light ie they do not bribe the phed officials but pay their bills, we received our ppm about 3 weeks ago. There were still households that refused the meters to be installed in their premise.

Some things are improving in Nigeria and we should acknowledge that.

For those who still suffer no electricity and you pay bills, organize yourselves and visit your disco offices to complain.

Electricity supply is nothing less than 18 hours a day and we are not bothered when the light goes because we are not going to be charged.

There is light currently.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by ibrahimsalam: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2018
buharitill2023:

It is your type that sheik gumi was referring to when he said
"Buhari is just a common man ,Why are people shivering because of him because he has a team of illiterate, fanatical followers? We can deal with them. They should not hold us to ransom. He is a victim of this ignorant, unemployed and senseless followers"

20 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by Don4eva(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2018
buharitill2023:

You can call me anything you wish, but you can't take away the fact that Power generation in Nigeria is still poor even after the six months promise of your paymaster. 2019 is not far from here, enjoy your pay while it lasts grin

17 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by caracas: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Jesu
Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by maxiuc(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Nonsense

Here in Abuja light is worst

I remember during Jonathan government I do buy N2000units for my prepaid meter and I use it for one month and with switching off some things

But this buhari government my prepaid units for more than one Month I have been using 33units this shows that the power situation is worst now

8 Likes

Re: National Grid Collapses, Generation Drops To 92MW by flyca: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2018
Omooba77:
May God save Nigeria
No, it is Nigerians that will save Nigeria.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo Assembly: PDP National Leadership Say Defectors Have Lost Their Seats / Peter Obi: Labour Party Faction Heads To Court / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.