Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 (15521 Views)

Aaua Set 2013/2014 Post-utme Cut Off Mark At 180 / 2013 JAMB CUT-OFF: List Of Universities And Their Jamb/post-utme Cut Off Marks / List Of Schools & Their 2012/2013 UTME Cut-off Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by diddysnow: 1:49am On Jun 12, 2010
Runz money go increase true but my prayer is that the cut off mark should be placed at 180, no minimum no maximum

JAMB WE BEG OOOOOOH
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Ijeleigbo(m): 3:16am On Jun 12, 2010
Pls lets not confuse ourselves more wid these issue. The general cut off 4 uni, poly and college is 180. Anything less, i'm sorry. Post-ume still exists so guyz read ur books and this is a steppin stone to stop d discrimination btw uni and poly. I forcast in 5years time, God willing, HND and Bsc will have d same value in Nigeria n'aha Jesus.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by cvibe: 5:13am On Jun 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo,

So long as the quality of graduates released into the society at the end of the program match up.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by cruzbaba: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2010
guyz!wit 180 cut off mark announced,sey dem no go do post UME again or wetin go happen, i no some university dem go still conduct post umeam sure of dat,I PRAY GOD SHOULD SAVE OUR EDUCATION.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by djeezy(m): 8:05am On Jun 12, 2010
If the cut of is 180; its due to excessive failure in the baccalaureate. That means there is Post UME. If there were to be no post UME, then the cut of will realy be elevated to 260 or above,
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Skmoda360(m): 8:45am On Jun 12, 2010
@djeezy,u are right,my instinct keep tellin me that there is gonna be post utme,wit this score 180.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by jposuagwu: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2010
There is a difference between cut-off mark and pass mark. What the minister said was pass mark not cut-off mark. By passmark, it means you must score a minimum of 180 marks out of 400 marks, which is total marks in Jamb. That a candidate score 180 marks does not necessary guarantee him/her admission because the course for which he/she seeks admission may have a cut-off mark of 250 or 260 or 280 or even 220 depending on the course. What determines cut-off each is year is the level of performance of candidates in a particular course and in a particular academic year. If a department say Petroleum Engineering department has capacity to admit 60 students and about 2000 candidates applied for that course in a particular school, and out of that number of candidates, 1000 were able to score 180 marks, 500 scored 200marks, 400 scored 225 marks, 10 scored 230 marks, 30 scored 240 marks, 12 scored 260 marks, 17 scored 270, 3 scored 280 marks, 2 score 300 marks. Under this scenario, the minimum cut-off mark here will be 240. If you total the number of people that scored 240 and above they are over 60 spaces available for admission for that particular year.

In the case of pass mark, it only regulates that even if a candidate is being admitted not based on merit but on quota, he must have scored the minimum pass mark which is 180 marks. There is no advantage of pass mark for those who will be admitted on merit but the advantage is for those that are connected or from educationally disadvantage states.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by johndavid1(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2010
wazobia-ng:

na their hand dem wan cut abi na the leg.
their ASS grin grin grin
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by reindeer: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2010
jposuagwu:

There is a difference between cut-off mark and pass mark. What the minister said was pass mark not cut-off mark. By passmark, it means you must score a minimum of 180 marks out of 400 marks, which is total marks in Jamb. That a candidate score 180 marks does not necessary guarantee him/her admission because the course for which he/she seeks admission may have a cut-off mark of 250 or 260 or 280 or even 220 depending on the course. What determines cut-off each is year is the level of performance of candidates in a particular course and in a particular academic year. If a department say Petroleum Engineering department has capacity to admit 60 students and about 2000 candidates applied for that course in a particular school, and out of that number of candidates, 1000 were able to score 180 marks, 500 scored 200marks, 400 scored 225 marks, 10 scored 230 marks, 30 scored 240 marks, 12 scored 260 marks, 17 scored 270, 3 scored 280 marks, 2 score 300 marks. Under this scenario, the minimum cut-off mark here will be 240. If you total the number of people that scored 240 and above they are over 60 spaces available for admission for that particular year.

In the case of pass mark, it only regulates that even if a candidate is being admitted not based on merit but on quota, he must have scored the minimum pass mark which is 180 marks. There is no advantage of pass mark for those who will be admitted on merit but the advantage is for those that are connected or from educationally disadvantage states.

NIce clarification.
thats better now.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by nikky5(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
The cancellation of the post ume and pegging of the minimum admission cut off mark at 180 are political.this is done to favour the educationally disadvantage states in the northmen part of the country.The universities are at the receiving end and one can only imagine the influx of admissions.At last our educational structure has been battered.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Edd1e(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2010
what can my younger do with a score of 190?
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Obi88(m): 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Please my jamb score is 268.can it lead me to uni?also for nearly 2 months now,my change of institution is yet to reflect in my result,pls does anyone have any answer for me?
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by DrKlever(m): 1:19am On Jun 13, 2010
j
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Sammiel: 5:36am On Jun 13, 2010
These people are not helping matters at all. An average nigerian would like to know if post-utme will still hold and not this cut off mark of a thing. NONSENSE!!!
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by sylvesta2: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
Hello
If you want to know more about the cut off mark 180 just call.08076271819. kiss
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by sylvesta2: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2010
DrKlever,Obi88 and Edd1e call me so we can talk about your result of 178.08076271819. and any body that want admission into uniben and aau please call.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by sylvesta2: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2010
Do not be afriad be strong.Your admission is sure this year,  grin
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by benque: 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2010
all i want to know is if there is going to be post ume or not, to be sincere sha i pray there is non bcuz e don tae whey man open book oh
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:30am On Jun 14, 2010
Obi88:

Please my jamb score is 268.can it lead me to uni?also for nearly 2 months now,my change of institution is yet to reflect in my result,pls does anyone have any answer for me?
I contacted a Jamb official concerning this matter and he clearly informed me that the change of course has not been posted to Jamb website so guy relax. You are not the only one with the problem.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Scooby1(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2010
Do not call casmir45, he is a confirmed crook.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by johndavid1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2010
Scooby1:

Do not call casmir45, he is a confirmed crook.
the brother of Scoobyl, grin grin grin grin it will soon be his own turn to confess tongue grin grin grin
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by jposuagwu: 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2010
Post UME is against the policy of JAMB. Therefore the house of rep resolution scrapping it is in consonance with JAMB policy. I doubt if any university will violate the new policy scrapping post UME.

As for those candidates with less than 180 score in the result, there is no remedy. Start reading for next JAMB. Anyone promising to assist you or upgrade your score is only a 419 rogue. There is nothing anyone can do. No connection can help with such a poor score. 180 is just 40% of JAMB total score. Therefore, anything less than 180 is failure. No university will give you admission with such poor result of 178. Start preparing for another JAMB NOW!

For the guy that score up to 260. Yes there is hope of your gaining admission. What determines your case now is number of candidates that may have a better result than yours in the department of the university you have applied as your first choice. Your chances are 50-50 on merit. If you happen to have connection, it becomes very easy. Ask around to see a connected man that will agree to give you note to the VC or Dean of Facaulty of the school of your first choice. But if you dont have connection, dont worry, pray, you still stand a good chance of gaining admission with such good result. Again if your course is not medicine, law, engineering, you are certainly going to gain admission, especially now they have scrapped post JAMB. Congrats in advance.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by DrKlever(m): 12:29am On Jun 15, 2010
ok
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by DrKlever(m): 12:29am On Jun 15, 2010
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:40am On Jun 15, 2010
jposuagwu:

Post UME is against the policy of JAMB. Therefore the house of rep resolution scrapping it is in consonance with JAMB policy. I doubt if any university will violate the new policy scrapping post UME.

As for those candidates with less than 180 score in the result, there is no remedy. Start reading for next JAMB. Anyone promising to assist you or upgrade your score is only a 419 rogue. There is nothing anyone can do. No connection can help with such a poor score. 180 is just 40% of JAMB total score. Therefore, anything less than 180 is failure. No university will give you admission with such poor result of 178. Start preparing for another JAMB NOW!

For the guy that score up to 260. Yes there is hope of your gaining admission. What determines your case now is number of candidates that may have a better result than yours in the department of the university you have applied as your first choice. Your chances are 50-50 on merit. If you happen to have connection, it becomes very easy. Ask around to see a connected man that will agree to give you note to the VC or Dean of Facaulty of the school of your first choice. But if you dont have connection, dont worry, pray, you still stand a good chance of gaining admission with such good result. Again if your course is not medicine, law, engineering, you are certainly going to gain admission, especially now they have scrapped post JAMB. Congrats in advance.

Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by tigerpaws(f): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2010
Scammers on loose!!! angry
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by fazazee1(f): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
I just want 2 know if it is really true. Any more development please make you notify me for my email address or call dis number 08036850265.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by jposuagwu: 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2010
@Drclever, you are so rude. If you are not grateful for the free information I have given here to guide all concerned, then go and join others looking for 419 people to give money for upgrading of their results. You want someone that will tell you what you want to hear and not the truth. Well, mine is to tell the truth no matter who it hurts. Again, note that I was not particularly addressing only you in my post but all with less than 180 which I still maintain is failure. Am not interested in anyones reason for scoring less than 180. Afterall, in your initial post, you only wrote that you had incomplete result. You did not say why you had incomplete result. Do you not know that cheating could be reason for withholding result or part of result? Although, I dont know the reason JAMB withheld your own result and I do not mean you cheated. But if you must seek my advice, be ready for the raw truth and nothing less - even though I may not have answers to all questions. Am not a counsellor but only here to assist in answering questions people seek answers to as much as I can. Simple and square! But since you dont like the truth, I will avoid any question(s) from you henceforth. Sorry if my post offended you.
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by phemorasqu(m): 6:48am On Jun 16, 2010
Anyone with informations about OOU post UME and UI Post UME Should please get me informed asap, My email address is phemmy_cares123@yahoo.com and you can also reach me on 08029340331, PLEASE AND PLEASE

Thanks
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by Kcpee(m): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
Pls some one should help me with proper info about uniuyo, update me on recent happenings in the school; their 2010/2011 admission process. Also any contact  means by which i can make enquiry about AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY of TECHNOLOGY(AKUTECH) Here is my contact no 08060769630 or 08182634264, Long live Naira land.

Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by ccollins(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2010
i noticed there ain't much info on putme and university admission this year ON NAIRALAND,WHY
Re: Jamb Utme Cut-off Mark At 180 by adeadenira(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
@misterani,

Pls do u know anything about futa post ume,if yes i need ur respond urgently?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Ranked As Best State University In Nigeria. / Why Are Lawyers Buried Face Down (photo) / Please ,i Need List Of Educational Agencies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.