Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,906 members, 7,838,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Fernando Torres Joins Japanese J-league Side Sagan Tosu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fernando Torres Joins Japanese J-league Side Sagan Tosu (354 Views)

Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Fernando Torres Announces Retirement / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fernando Torres Joins Japanese J-league Side Sagan Tosu by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2018
FERNANDO TORRES has revealed he is joining Japanese side Sagan Tosu.

The former Liverpool and Chelsea star confirmed he will begin training with his new employers from next week following his release by Atletico Madrid.

He is the second Spanish icon to move to the J-League this summer following Andres Iniesta’s transfer to Vissel Kobe on a free from Barcelona.

Striker Torres, 34, told reporters at a news conference this morning: “We have had proposals from all continents, but my new team will be the Japanese Sagan Tosu.

“Sagan Tosu was one of the first clubs to be interested in me, they have convinced me with their sporting project.

“I think Japan and the Japanese League is going to be a great experience, they have made a great effort and they believe that I can be a solution so that the team returns to the place where it has to be.”

Torres is one of the most-decorated footballers on the planet having won the Champions League, Europa League twice and FA Cup at club level.

The ace has also been capped over 100 times by Spain, helping his country to win the European Championship on two occasions and the 2010 World Cup.

And Torres, who scored ten goals in his final campaign at Atletico, insists he will do everything possible to try and get more silverware by helping his new employers to glory.

He added: “Our knowledge of the Japanese league is based on seeing the Japanese teams that play the Club World Cup.

“But now I have been able to study the competition, it is a tight league.

“I will do everything I can to help the humble team (Sagan) reach the highest point of the country.”

Torres’s new employers Sagan Tosu are currently 17th in the top-flight – just one place from bottom – and have won just three out of their 15 matches this season.

www.footballflaver..com/2018/07/fernando-torres-joins-japanese-j-league.html?m=1

Re: Fernando Torres Joins Japanese J-league Side Sagan Tosu by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2018
Cc; Lalasticlala
Re: Fernando Torres Joins Japanese J-league Side Sagan Tosu by Nogodye(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
Na to recieve pension for that side...nice one sha.

(1) (Reply)

Varane The Serial Winner: 16 Titles At 25 Years Old / Mateo Kovacic Welcomed By Alvaro Morata After Loan Move From Real Madrid / This New Barcelona Guy Arturo Vidal Quick DEY Vex O. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.