Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded (15418 Views)

Whatsapp To Let Users Message Without Their Phones / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users / Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by IsaAbubakar: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2018
[s]
mmb:
don't worry yourself. Everybody on nairaland knows you are fake. You are an IPOBian claiming that beautiful Muslim name.
[/s]
Islam is not terrorism nor extremism
you're an extremist a potential terrorist
Assalamualaikum bro
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by milemimi93(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2018
What of identifying Copy and Paste?
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Boss347(m): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2018
Bravo! That’s a good start to battle fake news. In my country, just because Buhari can’t stand critics, he directed NCC to increase tariffs.
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Dollabiz: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2018
hmmm
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Afamed: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2018
Luizkid:
Here in naija no need to label it, we know already. I just tire for some friends sha and it pains me most when that friend is supposed to be a graduate.
Even the assumed Drs and Professors are not left out of this.I would not know if deliberately people tend to believe in lies and deceit these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Afamed: 9:28am On Jul 11, 2018
Crocky23:
If you have 2 phones, just forward it to your other phone and then resend it.
This solution is amateurish.
And what do you tend to benefit spreading propaganda?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by ahmedbanj(m): 9:35am On Jul 11, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
shatap so you can send terrorist Buhari to the person

sorry bro
oyibo no dey think and behave like cows
they value people's privacy unlike the criminal cow in aso rock

Assalamualaikum bro
greetings from Sheikh Isa Abubakar Usman from kebbi cool

If U're nt a Muslim,bt pretendin 2 be one so as to tarnish d image of Islam, I pray U receive d angry wrath of GOD in ur lyf soon!

1 Like

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by iukpe: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2018
stefanweeks:
Interesting

We need this in 9ja

And also the name of the first sender and date of the original message. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by IsaAbubakar: 9:55am On Jul 11, 2018
[s]
ahmedbanj:

If U're nt a Muslim,bt pretendin 2 be one so as to tarnish d image of Islam, I pray U receive d angry wrath of GOD in ur lyf soon!
[/s]
oops your own Islam image is terrorism and violence including supporting murderers like Buhari?

sorry bro that's not my version of Islam
my own version is a religion of peace that follows the teaching of the holy prophet (saw)
so maybe your own is bokoharam version and I'm so sorry for tarnishing it's image by not supporting evil

Assalamualaikum bro
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by AnikeAyaOba(f): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2018
VondaNews:
this is nonsense, someone can easily copy nd paste without forwarding

you re right...thinking about that too! someone can still copy and paste tho!
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by ahmedbanj(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2018
IsaAbubakar:
[s][/s]
oops your own Islam image is terrorism and violence including supporting murderers like Buhari?

sorry bro that's not my version of Islam
my own version is a religion of peace that follows the teaching of the holy prophet (saw)
so maybe your own is bokoharam version and I'm so sorry for tarnishing it's image by not supporting evil

Assalamualaikum bro

Ilaika Salam, My prayer still is dat U recieve d almighty wrath if U aint a Muslim but pretendin 2 be one. lol
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by justifyme(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2018
stefanweeks:
Interesting

We need this in 9ja
people will copy and paste then
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by RevenGeMission: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2018
If you read the writeup, it'll definitely be somewhere on the server , but maybe not accessible by individials, i bet it would be available to law enforcements

Oh and i have blocked several friends on whatsapp , it's like they exchanged their brain for kulikuli they send messages about 08030004900 or 4900 and call it killer number, i explained this to them several times, it's mtn caller tunes , the same idiots will still forward the same next time they recieve i begin to wonder if they even read or learn

it's irritating

GavelSlam:
Good.

Be nice if it could have the original writer's name photograph and DNA signature.

All the false stories would lose steam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
theunnamed:
It's about freaking flying time!!!
What if the message is copied and reposted as new... I see no much sense in the update except there is a way WhatsApp sync message on their server to see if someone already posted that exact same message then detect as forewarded.
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by theunnamed: 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
thegentleman:
I see no much sense in the update except there is a way WhatsApp sync message on their server to see if someone already posted that exact same message then detect as forewarded.

Rome was not built in a day

This will curb the circulation of fake and useless news and the number of their victims to an extent

What if the message is copied and reposted as new...

They way ppl post and reposts those news ehn, you will know that you've read something like it I'm some other group
Re: Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 12, 2018
theunnamed:

Rome was not built in a day

This will curb the circulation of fake and useless news and the number of their victims to an extent

They way ppl post and reposts those news ehn, you will know that you've read something like it I'm some other group
Very true, scanning through the first line, you will definitely know where the message is heading.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BlackBerry Q5 Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? / Lagos State Tops In Telephone Voice Call In Third Quarter Of 2019 – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.