Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,338 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo (6992 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by cliveland: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
tosinaded@:

wtf is banishment? we are in a civilized society jare!
jail the fukkn bas.ta.rd

One thing after the other, he's a monarch and tradition dictates he should be banished, the criminality of his offence can be dealt with from outside Akure if they truly wnat to prosecute him, atleast the people should be commended for deposing the irritant from the throne.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by palmwine(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
What anger could cause a man. Less than 2hr of irrationality and he lost his throne.

Lots of lessons there.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by remobaby: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nawaoooooooooo, things they happen 4 this country,if oba can behave in a such manner then what judgement will he pass to his people when such case is brought to his palace sad    

anyway the kind of situation we find our ourself in this country,who knows what cruc way he follow b4 he got to that place atleast the kingmakers of akure should have his record b4 making him the oba. anyway our system is so corrupt LET GOD TAKE CONTROL.

as for the woman except she is going 4 blastic surgery,i see no reason why she should ask for such amount, what will she tell her children in future,let her not sieze the opportunity to  make money,cuz of her integrity, to me no amount can be paid for the damage and shame the man has caused her.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by kufreabasi(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
This man gets tripplet punishment
1) dethrone
2) banish
3) arrested
how is he going about these?
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by onono30: 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
Rule of law is indeed oncourse in Nigeria. This is a beautiful one. It will deter not just people in leaderships position but to other guys out there who derive joy in battering their wifes or even girl friends. Bravo! to all the associations that protested.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Akanbiedu(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
There is something wrong with this decision from Ondo state Government. He was an OBA for God's sake, he shouldn't have been treated like that. Just like the governor of the state that has immunity, there should a form of process of trial by his Kingmakers that leads to deposing a sitting RULER(no matter what type).

If the Governor did this, would he have been removed just like that?The last time I checked, he would have gone through a process before being removed if at all.

A system that removes a ruler like is prone to chaos. Come to think of it. If the governor just used this incident to get back at the OBA who might have refused to support him during the last elections, how would you know? Think about institutions people. Remember that politicians always look for advantage in every situation. It is left to the people to build a system that is fair to all.

My point is not about what he did right or wrong, it is about the process of removal. I think it is bad to remove anybody holding political office just like that.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by kufreabasi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

There is something wrong with this decision from Ondo state Government. He was an OBA for God's sake, he shouldn't have been treated like that. Just like the governor of the state that has immunity, there should a form of process of trial by his Kingmakers that leads to deposing a sitting RULER(no matter what type).

If the Governor did this, would he have been removed just like that?The last time I checked, he would have gone through a process before being removed if at all.

A system that removes a ruler like is prone to chaos. Come to think of it. If the governor just used this incident to get back at the OBA who might have refused to support him during the last elections, how would you know? Think about institutions people. Remember that politicians always look for advantage in every situation. It is left to the people to build a system that is fair to all.

My point is not about what he did right or wrong, it is about the process of removal. I think it is bad to remove anybody holding political office just like that.

You should think twice before replying, cos this so-called Deji had already disgrace his throne by dethroning himself and on this act, the whole mornach found him guilty and that hi has no respect to that throne. This serves as good example to other.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Dave4luv: 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2010
So the adage that says ''BI OBA KAN O BA KU OMIRAN KO LEE JEE'' Shoulld no more invoke
interesting infart nigeria govt is becoming strict,
this will serve as a lesson 4 the rulers that believe that they are above the law.
WHAT A SHAME ON THE ENTIRE FAMILY OF THE NOW FORMER DEJI OF AKURE LAND.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by misterh(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nobody is above the law.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by favouredjb(f): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

What are u spewing?
you have no point at all,let this serve as an example to other men,be it a governor,minister and wat not

so if it were to be your sister that was bathed with acid,ll u still be saying all these,mshewwwwwwwwwww
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Akanbiedu(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
favouredjb:

What are u spewing?
you have no point at all,let this serve as an example to other men,be it a governor,minister and wat not

so if it were to be your sister that was bathed with acid,ll u still be saying all these,mshewwwwwwwwwww

Your point of view is understandable.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by wazobiang: 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
they're supposed to pour ash on him as well to complete the punishment.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by jonyjay(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Did you have a mother?did you have a sister? did you have a daughter? how will you feel if the woman happen to be your mother? someone like you will never let justice prevail in that country. i love the developmnet on this barbaric act.we should learn how to respect women in that country.
       NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Ibomade1: 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
Now that the chips are down maybe Olori Remi Abiola- Adesina would wish she had not instigated all the furore in the first place.

Think twice and then think again before you act
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by opiscopy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
no be ordinary eye, na swear dem swear for am because som people being no want am to become king b4 b4
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by member479760: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
This case still open and it is a dangerous one in the page of history, proper investigation should continue and only the truth is needed to be documented for the sake of our future generation.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by BabaKuti: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
Or good riddance to a bad "obagoat" / "obathug"/ "obarogue". I haven't been more pleased to be a Nigerian in a very long time. Looking at this Deji saga from another perspective, he might have been cursed, as someone had earlier suggested. The guy is just too much. UK taxi drivers get common sense nah. When is Yerima's turn?
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by apolonius(m): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
So pleasant a reaction to thuggery and barbarism vestured in royalty.Yes,a loud and bold statement to those men resisting growth to respecting and appreciating women as equally righted humans.That creature should get no sympathies in his agonies! smiley
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by ajetii(m): 1:27am On Jun 12, 2010
The Mike Tyson of Akure is deposed at last, serves him right.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Prettiep(f): 3:37am On Jun 12, 2010
ah ah this is too mild a decision since he can assault a woman especially an ex wife, this yeye example of an oba. should have been castrated and the cutoff manhood of his poured acid right in front of him so he can feel enough physical excrutiating pain.,,,,, BANISHED KE? IT'S JUST LIKE GIVING A MAN A 6MONTHS VACATION AFTER A JOB WELL DONE M SURE HE'LL B GLAD TO GO 4 D HOLIDAY, I MEAN AFTER SUCH SHAME AND RIDICULE DID THEY THINK THE YEYE MAN WOULD WANT TO REMAIN IN TOWN?
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Kabikala(m): 3:54am On Jun 12, 2010
akanbi_edu says

jonyjay says
Did you have a mother?did you have a sister? did you have a daughter? how will you feel if the woman happen to be your mother? someone like you will never let justice prevail in that country. i love the developmnet on this barbaric act.we should learn how to respect women in that country.
       NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW.

@jonyjay:
Did you read what he wrote before spewing this? akanbi_edu was against arbitrariness which any government in power can use and abuse. He is not justifying Mr Adesina's actions of assault and battery. I agree entirely with him that the process of removal was not tidy. We should not just focus on outcomes, the process is more important so that we have strong and durable institutions.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by newintexas: 4:20am On Jun 12, 2010
There Is Really Hope for Nigeria. One of the best news I have heard recently
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by ayowards: 4:21am On Jun 12, 2010
perfect!!!!!!!!!!
i m beginnin 2 believe in ds country again
Attempted murder should be part of the charges levied against him
long live nigeria!!!!
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Rastamann: 4:32am On Jun 12, 2010
He should also be prosecuted.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Akanbiedu(m): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2010
Kabikala:

akanbi_edu says jonyjay says
@jonyjay:
Did you read what he wrote before spewing this? akanbi_edu was against arbitrariness which any government in power can use and abuse. He is not justifying Mr Adesina's actions of assault and battery. I agree entirely with him that the process of removal was not tidy. We should not just focus on outcomes, the process is more important so that we have strong and durable institutions.

Thank you. If the process is untidy, it creates room for manipulation for politicians in power. This is a major reason as soon as there is a change in government, you hear of reversals here and there. Don't be surprised another governor will come and reinstate the man.

I actually was expecting the response. you know a lot of people are incapable of reasoning without emotions.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Ricmayak1: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2010
nice 1 4 dat oba, but trust me dat some nigerian women would learn bad lessons from this by being more rude to their husbands.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by Remii(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2010
"Ukedofulu ki ma ma ki ondu wn ch'egbo." Ibinu ko mo wipe olowo ohun ko ni ese ni ile.

The hot temper temporarily forgets that the owner of body it resides has limitation.

The man misunderstood the meaning of "Kabiyesi", I think he now knows better.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by prettynice: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2010
good for the king. they ought to beat him up first, imprison him before banishing the inconsequential individual. kudos to the govt of my state.
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by makosky: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
[i]if this is true,then its a very good news to hear, but banish! tis is new age 4krist sakes jail the 4kin bastard
Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by ROBEN(m): 10:08am On Jun 14, 2010
How can a man do this to the wife not to talk of a traditional ruler? Shit happen in this country but thank God that justice prevailed this time around

Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by ROBEN(m): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2010
Shamed Oba and wife When the going was good

Re: Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo by bisiaet: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2010
If this true is a welcome development. I think wherever he run may be he will carry on with his street fight there lets wait and see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Yoruba Name For A Kings Horse Hair Fly Whisk? / The Miship People Of Plateau State, Nigeria / What's The Difference Between Calabar And Akwa Ibom Apart From Location?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.