Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,249 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos (18516 Views)

Men Pushing Train On Ibadan Railway (Photos) / Update On The Lagos-ibadan Railway - Photos / Update On The Lagos Metro Railway - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by AutoReportNG: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2018
Talk of a nation which is blessed with abundant natural resources then Nigeria will be on the list. We are blessed with good weather, a good soil for planting and cultivation, hard-working and intelligent people who strive for excellence in their chosen career as an individual and the list goes on. We are however been saddled with policies and leaders who care less about over commonwealth as a nation.

The Nigerian Railway is one of the nation's commonwealth which has been left to rot for a long time, due to corruption, bribes, theft and cutting corners, what used to be a mode for conveying cargo goods has been left to decay and the result is left for all to bear the pains, although the minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amechi has vowed to revive the rail system in Nigeria, but mere looking at this rot alone, we wonder how feasible it will.

The Rail system used to be a common mode for transportation in the 80s and early 90s, going through Ebute Metta to Iddo to Nigeria Brewery in Iganmu the all the way to Ijora and Apapa in Marine Beach, the railway was used to converge goods and services. Apapa is known to be neat and tidy before the tankers and trailers took over, to further testify to this fact, the Apapa Local Government in 1999 won the best and neatest local government in Lagos, hence it was called, The Golden Council. Products such as diesel, petroleum, kerosene were transported using the rails, it was made so easy for the depots as they have their depots all within these areas, depots like Total, Forte Oil, NNPC and a host of others are sited at Apapa so the rail is used to convey petroleum products from the depots to other localities, but reserve seems to be the case as the rails are no longer functional, and those that managed to function are more like a death trap.

AutoReportNG was in Apapa axis to access the damages and the rot of our railway system, its an eyesore! What used to be railway track has been turned to stalls where people sell their wares and services, even the rail lines that ought to be used for the upgrading of the lines have been looted and stolen all thanks to the lackadaisical attitude of the administrators in power. We did a tour from Apapa to Iganmu (Nigerian Brewery), the story remains the same, the rot is everywhere. It was so bad that even the rails have become sort of damage, imagine a rail track passing through heaps of rubbish.

While we can blame the government for not being proactive enough in maintaining these rails and also causing the rot in this sector, we can not but wonder at the kind of humans Nigerians are! They endanger their lives by sitting their shops close to the tracks, some even sleep close to this area! We can't really blame them when they know the railway comes alive once in a blue moon.

These are some of the pictures are able to take along, you can be the judge.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-1hl6MdDsgg0/W0WTNkWJAPI/AAAAAAAATCQ/wK6HgFbKqaw3oFNpW0-ouzNoFKZv1nbHgCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigeria_Railways_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpeg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/07/an-overview-of-rot-in-nigerias-railway.html

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by AutoReportNG: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Nogodye(m): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2018
It shall not be well with all those people that wreck our rail transport system...GEJ led administration has done more harms than good for this country.Posterity will judge them all(Awon olori buruku somebody)

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2018
You don't have any pictures of the BEAUTIFUL train and railways the Government are launching left and right in recent times?

As much as we look at the negative sides of the Government, it is good we look at the little good sides also. Not just gloom gloom gloom at all times.

They can do better definitely......

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 11, 2018
We don't have a serious government na.

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2018
post=69265868:
You don't have any pictures of the BEAUTIFUL train and railways the Government are launching left and right in recent times?

As much as we look at the negative aides of the Government, it is good we look at the little good sides also. Not just gloom gloom gloom at all times.

These beautiful trains are the ones that ply Abuja and Kaduna.

Even the Kaduna local rail system is finished. I no even dey see the train again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by babyfaceafrica: 6:45am On Jul 11, 2018
lolz...Op ..the trains are working...at least the ones I know in Lagos works two to three shift daily from iddo to ijoko..so you statement that it comes alive once in a blue moon is not entirely true.however the trains are in a bad shape..if you see how people jam themselves like sardine inside...some stay on top sef..very dangerous..... the new trains need to circulate round the country abeg..the old ones are in a bad shape.... travelling in trains is very educative and entertaining

7 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by babyfaceafrica: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2018
kennygee:

These beautiful trains are the ones that go ply Abuja and Kaduna.

Even the Kaduna local rail system is finished. I no even dey see the train again.
lolz....

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Jul 11, 2018
kennygee:

These beautiful trains are the ones that go ply Abuja and Kaduna.

We will get there, slow and steady........

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by forreelinc(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2018
Me wey don build house for one of the tracks because train no dey pass there, make una dey dull there
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by GOFRONT(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2018
Chaii.......This is Nigeria
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Escodeb(m): 6:57am On Jul 11, 2018
Nothing to say

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by AutoReportNG: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...Op ..the trains are working...at least the ones I know in Lagos works two to three shift daily from iddo to ijoko..so you statement that it comes alive once in a blue moon is not entirely true.however the trains are in a bad shape..if you see how people jam themselves like sardine inside...some stay on top sef..very dangerous..... the new trains need to circulate round the country abeg..the old ones are in a bad shape.... travelling in trains is very educative and entertaining

Sir, the report is about Apapa rail and not the entire Lagos railway, if we are to report on that of Lagos as a state, it will in series, we cant exhaust all in a writing

3 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by babyfaceafrica: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Sir, the report is about Apapa rail and not the entire Lagos railway, if we are to report on that of Lagos as a state, it will in series, we cant exhaust all in a writing
the title reads the rot in Nigeria railway

8 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by allanphash7(m): 11:34am On Jul 11, 2018
There was a country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by oneclickng: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2018
This is NAIJA!
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by stevedre: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2018
There should be a fence beside the rails, you dare not try this in a sane country.
Do not be surprised to find out the illegal shop or bussiness owners have been paying fees/levies to the same government that is suppose to stop them from doing bussiness close to a rail line or station.

6 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by directonpc(m): 11:36am On Jul 11, 2018
My take! You are a great blogger

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Ooduavoice: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2018
post=69265868:

As much as we look at the negative sides of the Government, it is good we look at the little good sides also. Not just gloom gloom gloom at all times.

do you have any proof or record that suggests that your vegetable acquired a single rail coach or laid a single rail track.

all thanks to GEJ anyday anytime.
if you know you know.

3 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Paperwhite(m): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2018
Nigerian railways just like the Airways are good government ventures that have been overtaken by the corruption therein. undecided
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by stevedre: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2018
osas3103:
let the game do the convincing not words so call,whatsapp or telegram the number below if interested

Your mates that are confirmed winners/successful people are on vacation in Hawaii or doing something great but you're here trying to deceive yourself. Get lost, channel your efforts into something more productive.

4 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Scam embarassed tongue tongue
osas3103:
let the game do the convincing not words so call,whatsapp or telegram the number below if interested

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Joemetry(m): 11:40am On Jul 11, 2018
FAILED SYSTEM.
SHAME..!

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by InfernoNig: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2018
Truth be told. No continuity in this our country. Every government want to do his own. That's why they spend billions on projects that will be abandoned.

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by pol23: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2018
NRC.
Few years ago I decided to travel to Minna by rail since no direct flight from Lagos.
I wouldn't have tried it,but because the government keep showing up on media about this white Elephant project.
It was my first time and I don't know which way to go.So I decided to check their website.
1.NO FUNCTIONING WEBSITE....How on earth will you spend billions of dollar on a project and no 50'000 to build website...the website pops up about their 2011 recruitment.
2.Their official phone number just pop one Adamu something on true caller....The number wasn't reachable.
3.No twitter account or FB page.
The only contact you can have is their office address.
I decided to check out their office in Oyingbo Lagos....it's a very big Edifice and very dirty too.
They told me to they will be traveling on Thursday by 7:00 AM.
You need to see how I couldn't sleep getting prepared,I left home by 5:00 AM, got there and no help desk...the info I was earlier given is by their security man who showed me the board.
I saw several travelers too most of which were Hausa/Fulani with their stinking garbage they called personals.
People keep coming and we all waited till around 11:30 AM. Suddenly I heard a Bell and people start running,it took me a while to understand the bell signify that start of ticket sale.
I joined the long que at the back and it was frustrating because I was the first person to arrive the facility.
After approximately 45 minutes of queuing and shifting among horrible body odors,I get to the front desk and she said the generator on the train is not working and no AC aboard,that it's just the regular class.I told her I will love to see how it looks and she told a security man to show me the inside,my people it's my first day on a train and it's the worst site I've seen of a moving object.
I had to Jejely go back home and travel the n cr day via Abuja Airport..

10 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Siberia01(m): 11:45am On Jul 11, 2018
Ok angry
Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by bedspread: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2018
GoodLuck Jonathan had kicked off the Nigeria Railway system on a very great note... Pmb should just Continue where he stopped!!

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by Baroba(m): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2018
Nogodye:
It shall not be well with all those people that wreck our rail transport system...GEJ led administration has done more harms than good for this country.Posterity will judge them all(Awon olori buruku somebody)

The Nigerian Railway System was already in total decay way before the administration of GEJ, the rot started as far back as the 80s..The man had his problems, but NRC ain't one of it.. The NRC went the same way as Nigerian Airways and other national institutions..

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of The Rot In Nigeria's Railway - Photos by dalaman: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2018
osas3103:

Seun this guy is a scammer.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travelling To China / Germany To Deport 12,000 Nigerian Asylum Seekers / United Nigeria Airlines Gives Free Tickets To Mark Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.