Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Fashion Parade - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Parade (663 Views)

We’re Committed To Bringing Out The Star In Aba Fashion Parade Boy — Dr. Anyaso / Bikini Fashion Parade In A Trinidad Church. Nigerians React (Photos) / See Swimsuits Some Ladies Wore For A Fashion Parade In A Trinidad Church (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Parade by Vivianoasis(f): 11:39am On Jul 11, 2018
Fashion is a strong character that represents one's personality. Most often than not, we are judged by how we appear. Fashion is the origin of few quotes such as,

"Looking good is good business"

"You are addressed based on how you dress"

As much as we nail our styles on most days, there are days we are beaten by unforeseen circumstances. I was a victim of one of such days. We go out feeling very confident that our appearance is on point, colour coordinates are 100% and accessories are well matched only to be caught in a very awkward situation.

I will share my experience with you today and I pray you do not laugh at me because no one told me a scene like this was imaginable let alone possible.

A date and venue was picked for our St. Valentines day dinner. I was excited and looked forward to the evening. I carefully sorted my outfit for the outing with everything else to match. It was a day when most people saw red as the perfect colour. I decided to be different instead and opted for an Ankara(African print).

The day moved so fast and before long it was time to head out. I took a last glance at the mirror and smiled at myself. Fine girl, nice dress, cool makeup, shoes on point, overall package ready to dazzle. Hahaaaaahaaa!! And off I went to stun uncle boyfriend .

I got to the restaurant and walked to the table for two section. Lo and behold, staring right back at me was the table and chair covers made of same fabric I was wearing. For a split second there I felt like disappearing into thin air. How would everyone there look at me? I felt very awkward as I sat down and and blended into the shades. Uncle boyfriend had a good laugh when he realised what was going on. He even made a joke asking if I had planned an asoebi with the tables and chairs, can you imagine?

Cutting the story short, I eventually overcame the shame and had an aewesome evening. I didn't hear the end of it sha because uncle took pictures to remind me of my fashion parade with chair and tables. I came out the winner so it did not bother me so much afterall.

Have you ever been caught in a similar fix? How did you handle it?

It would be cool to read about your experience in the comment section.

Some days we slay!

Some days we don't!!

It's no big deal, that's just the way life is!!!

Click for more interesting posts:
www.nakedwithvivian.com
Re: Fashion Parade by Vivianoasis(f): 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Fashion Parade by Vivianoasis(f): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Fashion Parade by Vivianoasis(f): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2018
Re: Fashion Parade by Vivianoasis(f): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Best Ankara Aso Ebi Fashion 2018: Stunningly Gorgeous Ankara And Lace Aso Ebi... / Where can I get cheap wholesale maternity Dresses in Lagos? / A Must Visit Shopping Heaven Around The World..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.