Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News (15213 Views)

COVID-19: Whatsapp Tightens Limits On Message Forwarding To Counter Fake News / Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts / Whatsapp Group Admin Lands In Jail For Spreading Fake News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by kolawoleibukun2: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
no mind dem. dem go day attack you for condemning the people way day kill dem.

many of them no just get logical brain at all. dem no want listen dem no want hear. them just believe in superstition. the other day i see two people throwing punches over ronaldo and messi. just senseless. i say, oyibo suppose come back and enslave many of us again. the only thing we day unsderstand na whip. even the politicians need better whip.

we no just fit think a way out, we just want people to guide us. and we go still day argue like say we no a better way.
doublecross:
Nigerians are truly useless especially the youths on nairaland. i don't blame the president for calling them lazy. how can you focus on irrelevant issues and abandon the relevant ones. someone made a suggestion on how to get a good president and no one made a comment. Instead they comment on nonsense. foolish people. they will still complain and point fingers at the president as if they are sensible.
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by Sirpaul(m): 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
na 4G LTE no be anykiin yeye network
Frezhkid10:
....ur network fast ooooo
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by uuzba(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
Sirpaul:
is not my hand writing oooo

Some years ago, I lived in the UK and I noticed that the buttons in their lift had this braille pins on them so that blind people can also "read" the numbers and know which one to press.

I also noticed that their transit busses were very low and had this special low door with a mechanism so that wheel chair people can easily roll into the bus.

I remember telling one UK housemate then, Ah, you guys care a lot for disabled people in your country with all these provisions. In my country, Nigeria, we take disabled people as IDIOTs.

Just like this image you have used here for fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by kennedyugo: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
thunderbabs:
I need to know how to stop all d stupid ads showing on my phone as soon as i open my whatsapp and sm other apps like dt... O su mi

Advice: remove opera mini and some other phoney apps you have.
And ps: hope you are using the original whatsapp downloaded from play store.
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
If they can stop people from forwarding those useless messages, that would be great
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by thunderbabs: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
kennedyugo:

Advice: remove opera mini and some other phoney apps you have.
And ps: hope you are using the original whatsapp downloaded from play store.

Yea, original whatsapp. Dnt think its operamini. Suspectin sm apps
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by Ashibelieve: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
This guy will place order for something online and put fake addresses. When order is delivered he will call that he is not around. All online stores beware

Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by Thojan(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2018
This is a good step in the right direction...
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by Synthase(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
Seriously, WhatsApp really need to do more than this, I received the foolish message below from so called intelligent peeps today:

*# I Stand Against Cow Meat ##* Questions!!!
(1)Do Fulanis eat cow meat? No
(2)What meat do they eat? Ram & chicken
(3)Who eat Cow Meat? Christians
(4)Who are slaughtered like Cow? Christians
(5)Who patronize Cow business? Christians
(6)If we stop eating cow meat what will happen? (7)The Fulanis will take their Cow business to other African States and leave our lands.
(coolIf this happens what will follow? Our lands will be safe.
(9)So stop eating Cow Meat and save a life.
(10)Medically cow meat is dangerous to the health especially Adults. We have our traditional meats like Goat, Chicken, Nchi, Okwa and other Bush meats that are healthy to the body.
# Do u Stand Against Cow Meat ##
Pls send to groups

Well, maybe it is really not about WhatsApp but about people who refused to challenge their brains and forward stupid messages without thinking for once if it made any sense or not, the same sets of people that "type amen" on Facebook and "forward messages as received" to claim a blessing...
Re: Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News by GMbuharii: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:
Igbos will be badly affected...

They feed on fake news especially against PMB..

Shiorrrrrr
since u love buhari so much,may he and the likes of buhari rule u forever and may you and ur household remain in nigeria..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your Phone Battery Experience / 15 Ways To Increase Instagram Followers / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Now Back Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.