Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Napoli President: Sarri Set For Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Napoli President: Sarri Set For Chelsea (409 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis / Chelsea And Sarri Reportedly Agree On A Two-year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Napoli President: Sarri Set For Chelsea by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2018
Chelsea are close to finalising a deal for Maurizio Sarri to replace Antonio Conte, Napoli's president has revealed.

Aurelio De Laurentiis announced on Wednesday: "Sarri is close to being new Chelsea manager. My lawyers are in talks with his lawyers to finalise everything."

The Napoli president was unveiling the club's new manager Carlo Ancelotti, who was appointed before Sarri's departure has been secured.

Sky in Italy understands a compensation settlement between the 51-year old and the Serie A club is set to be agreed on Wednesday afternoon - prompting Chelsea to bring to an end Conte's two seasons at Stamford Bridge.

Conte took training at Chelsea's Cobham training ground on Monday and still has 12 months left on his £9m-a-year contract.

Chelsea are yet to make a single move in this summer's transfer market but it is understood Sarri's arrival could also prompt the arrival of Aleksandr Golovin and Juventus defender Daniele Rugani.

De Laurentiis also revealed Jorginho, who has been in advanced talks with Manchester City for a number of weeks, would prefer a move to London and could follow Sarri to Chelsea.

Napoli will take all offers into account, the club president said, offering an apology to Manchester City.

"If for personal reasons I won't get into, the player prefers to live in London rather than in Manchester, I can understand him," De Laurentiis said.

"If Chelsea pay him more, I can understand it too. So I can just apologize to Khaldoon [Al Mubarak].

"But it does not depend on me. If Jorginho moves to Chelsea, my agreement with Abramovich does not depend on Sarri becoming their next manager."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11433047/maurizio-sarri-set-to-become-chelsea-head-coach-in-place-of-antonio-conte

CC: Dominique

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Mess: Stranded Nigerians In Russia Duped By Sleep Outside Embassy / Jay Jay Okocha Hits Buhari As Presidents Attend 2018 World Cup Video / Craziest Pitch Invaders And Funny Field Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.