Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly (19581 Views)

President Buhari Appoints Fatima Waziri-Azi As DG NAPTIP / Simon Achuba Impeached By Kogi State House Of Assembly / I’ll Leave If Impeached By Two-thirds Of The Senate, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
But how come this same lawmakers cant summon courage and impeach this old man in aso rock so we all can have peace
he hasn't offended them
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
front4line:

Ipob Igbo forever dead in the brain.

Umunna gi dia
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by hmuhammad(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
But how come this same lawmakers cant summon courage and impeach this old man in aso rock so we all can have peace
tell your southeast sinators to impeach him na
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Avater0147(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Oh Lord give the senate and the house of representative to impeach BUHARI like this. free us from the captive of this evil people, your children are dying Lord. please first the battle for us for we depend only on you
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by frankwyte: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
The hurricane is happening fast than I thought! Winter is coming with it's storm, PMB can't stop, APC can't stop! I see victory for democracy and a New Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by OlaMiki: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2018
Your cry has just started till 2023 and beyond if an IPOD
solochris:
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by xstyle: 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lalong should be next
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Maket: 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nigeria politic, the Era of impeachment has come
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by SLAPMUMU: 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nice move,i wonder why pdp who has more members will allow an apc speaker to preside over the state matters from the onset.
btw Lalong will have to sit up now cus any rubbish from these killer hersdmen might lead to his impeachment.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Bimpe29: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
It is simply because they are not empowered to do so. Remember that they are members of State House of Assembly. Members of the National Assembly are to do that.

solochris:
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Neoteny(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:

You expect members of Plateau State House of Assembly to impeach the president of the federal republic of Nigeria?

Boy, I've seen all kinds of idiots, but you take the crown.
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Ganamustgo(m): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Ganamustgo(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:

Plateau state house of assembly can't impeach the President.
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by bobnatlo(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
There's a diff between house of assembly and house of representatives.
One is federal, the other state
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ganamustgo:

Plateau state house of assembly can't impeach the President.

I said lawmakers, i wasnt specific if its federal or state, ITK
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=bobnatlo post=69282546]
There's a diff between house of assembly and house of representatives.
One is federal, the other state[/quo

I know sir, i didnt mention Plateau in my write-up, did i?
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
Neoteny:

You expect members of Plateau State House of Assembly to impeach the president of the federal republic of Nigeria?

Boy, I've seen all kinds of idiots, but you take the crown.

Mr know it all, did u read where i said Plateau state house of assembly? your fuulishness is of the highest order
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Bimpe29:
It is simply because they are not empowered to do so. Remember that they are members of State House of Assembly. Members of the National Assembly are to do that.

I said lawmakers, u should have known the lawmakers im referring to
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
front4line:

Ipob Igbo forever dead in the brain.

Afonja herdsman spotted
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by jiorhemen(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:
"This same lawmakers" belong to a state house of assembly. They can't impeach the president.
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by MusaPada4(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
cricifixo:
Members of the Plateau State House of Assembly have impeached their speaker, Mr Peter Azi.

Mr Azi was impeached by the lawmakers who elected Joshua Madaki as their new Speaker during Wednesday’s plenary in Jos, the state capital.

The impeachment followed a motion on a vote of no confidence moved by the lawmaker representing Barkin Ladi constituency, Mr Peter Gyendeng.

Other lawmakers at the session unanimously passed the motion through a voice vote, leading to the removal of the former speaker.

Similarly, the Majority Leader of the Assembly, Henry Yunkwap, was also impeached on the same grounds and replaced by Nanlong Daniel.

The newly elected speaker represents Jos East constituency while the majority leader is the lawmakers representing Mikang.

More to follow…

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2018/07/11/breaking-plateau-house-of-assembly-impeaches-speaker/
Its long overdue...
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Lawalatm: 5:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
APC replaying all the events that took place before PDP lost the elections........ 1 + 1 is equal to 2 anyway in the world if...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

cricifixo:
Members of the Plateau State House of Assembly have impeached their speaker, Mr Peter Azi.

Mr Azi was impeached by the lawmakers who elected Joshua Madaki as their new Speaker during Wednesday’s plenary in Jos, the state capital.

The impeachment followed a motion on a vote of no confidence moved by the lawmaker representing Barkin Ladi constituency, Mr Peter Gyendeng.

Other lawmakers at the session unanimously passed the motion through a voice vote, leading to the removal of the former speaker.

Similarly, the Majority Leader of the Assembly, Henry Yunkwap, was also impeached on the same grounds and replaced by Nanlong Daniel.

The newly elected speaker represents Jos East constituency while the majority leader is the lawmakers representing Mikang.

More to follow…

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2018/07/11/breaking-plateau-house-of-assembly-impeaches-speaker/
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Neoteny(m): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:

Mr know it all, did u read where i said Plateau state house of assembly? your fuulishness is of the highest order

Goat

Go and read back your nonsense
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by solochris(m): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Neoteny:

Goat

Go and read back your nonsense

Anuohia, otele gbagbuo gi dia
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by Neoteny(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2018
solochris:

Anuohia, otele gbagbuo gi dia

I've no idea what you just bleated, but I wish you same too.

tongue
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by slivertongue: 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2018
incompetent poster boys of the governor have been removed at last

1 Like

Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by chindoone(m): 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
Plateau politics since 1999 no speaker have successfully completed one tenure of 4years till date
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by bmos(m): 4:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
yarimo:
please summon courage and read the constitution before posting in a public forum.

������
Re: Plateau Speaker, Peter Azi, Impeached By House Of Assembly by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
solochris:
he didn't offend them

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Not Collapse Amotekun Into Community Police ― Akeredolu tells IG (Video) / Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting / Tinubu Renews Confidence On The Integrity Of Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.