Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (39974 Views)

Senate Did Not Reject President Tinubu/ECOWAS Military Intervention In Niger / Legislature, Judiciary Autonomy: Govs Oppose Buhari Executive Order 10 / Buhari's Executive Order Number 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Nanadc: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
It’s very obvious majority of the you guys here are in support of curruption. Tell me how Nigeria can ever move forward when even the masses that are the supposed victims of corruption are supporting the very people that plunged them into this mess.
Just so you all know, if the corruption is not curtailed, you can never have the Nigeria of your dreams.
I live in the United States and I know executive orders is the best way to checkmate the excess of these law makers.
Keep supporting them to your detriment. Buhari has nothing to lose, he’s in his 70s and has achieved so much for himself. Y’all should be worried about your future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Belleful: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2018
i believe Many of you guys bashing the president and supporting the rep members do not understand what the executive order mean or just showing ur hatred for the president. pl b4 u comment try understanding what you read first.
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by dukecharles(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Truckpusher:
The truth remains that even the members of the house of the Reps kicking against it is purely a self serving purpose even though they are pretending to be the harbinger of good democracy.

They are simply afraid that Buhari will use it to strip them off of their ill gotten wealth - Give them immunity before and after office over that executive order and see them vote without asking questions about the main content

We are talking about saving our democracy from an unintelligent, heartless tyrant, you 're their talking nonsense

THIEVES FORMING LIKE NATION BUILDERS AND DEFENDERS OF DEMOCRACY.
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
See them, Corruption apologists; they know very well that this order would further weaken the strength of looters from using their vast ill-gotten wealth to frustrate and resist their cases in court - who hasn't heard about how these ppl buy their freedom through bribing of judges, lawyers and EFCC staff.
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Nanadc: 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
MadeInTokyo:

Buhari has always been a tyrant and dictator

Well done to the Hosue of Reps
Define tyrant and dictator
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by bejeria101(m): 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2018
Buhari the thief!

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by sokera: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
Paperwhite:
Very foolish president supported by equally foolish set of people I tell ya.
someone that is doing everything to fight corruption for the sake of your unborn children, you are here saying trash .... no wahala , let democracy help everyone to keep looting ... if I get to a public office too I will loot all in the name of democracy....

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by CharlotteFlair: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
one of the usesless supporters of looters.
Muric members not hard to spot, always violent and baying for blood.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by sokera: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
Belleful:
i believe Many of you guys bashing the president and supporting the rep members do not understand what the executive order mean or just showing ur hatred for the president. pl b4 u comment try understanding what you read first.
leave them , they think their hate for Buhari will help them
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by CharlotteFlair: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
sokera:
someone that is doing everything to fight corruption for the sake of your unborn children, you are here saying trash .... no wahala , let democracy help everyone to keep looting ... if I get to a public office too I will loot all in the name of democracy....
Sharap! Where's babachir and co?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by CharlotteFlair: 8:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
sokera:
leave them , they think their hate for Buhari will help them
Buharig is the most hated president on earth.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by sokera: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nanadc:
It’s very obvious majority of the you guys here are in support of curruption. Tell me how Nigeria can ever move forward when even the masses that are the supposed victims of corruption are supporting the very people that plunged them into this mess.
Just so you all know, if the corruption is not curtailed, you can never have the Nigeria of your dreams.
I live in the United States and I know executive orders is the best way to checkmate the excess of these law makers.
Keep supporting them to your detriment. Buhari has nothing to lose, he’s in his 70s and has achieved so much for himself. Y’all should be worried about your future.
God bless you ... they hate they have for Buhari is affecting their reasoning ... what a wasted generation
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by sokera: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
CharlotteFlair:
Sharap! Where's babachir and co?
in your mama ass
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Nanadc: 8:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
Nackzy:
Buhari that I know doesn't understand any of the grammar said on this topic, he's a dictator, did buhari offer government in secondary school to understand the right and responsibility of the legislators n the executive arm of government
Unfortunately you are the dumb one here. Obama in his 8years, passed most of his bills through executive order because the law makes vowed never to help him. The bad thing about hatred is, it ends up destroying the hater. So not surprised that you are in support of looters instead of the person trying to stop the loooting.
Use your brain not your emotions

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by CharlotteFlair: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
sokera:
in your mama ass
Let the despotic tyrant start from his house, then we may take you lot serious.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by lextube: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
Truckpusher:
The truth remains that even the members of the house of the Reps kicking against it is purely a self serving purpose even though they are pretending to be the harbinger of good democracy.

They are simply afraid that Buhari will use it to strip them off of their ill gotten wealth - Give them immunity before and after office over that executive order and see them vote without asking questions about the main content

I know there will be one foolish person, that will display his folly here on this thread.

Please go and sense back where ever you kept it.

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Babatundeh26: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
Paperwhite:
According to the House, the President cannot approbate and reprobate unilaterally without the inputs of the legislature and the judiciary which made up the pillars of democracy in the country.
They also said it is the usurpation of legislative powers constitutionally inherent in the National Assembly to make laws for the country

Corruption is as old as the existence of man.Everyone have the right to acquire wealth/property but It's left for government to prove in a competent court of law that such were illegally acquired & not via executive fiat.

Any wonder the clueless government keep losing even high profile corruption cases they could have easily bootstrapped Meanwhile that is how tyrannts behave;very lawless.
brother I want to buy you beer for this. Abeg na political scientist you be?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by drlateef: 8:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
This is nothing different from the executive orders signed by Donald Trump. If anyone feels it breached their rights, they should go to court to challenge it. The president has the right to sign them under the presidential system of government and the constitution. The house of reps and Senate have refused to pass the anti corruption bill for two years because they will be the first casualties.
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by edupedia: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Truckpusher:

Does Donald Trump go to the Senate or reps to get approval on executive orders... Reps are deceiving themselves...
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by narorose(f): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2018
All he knows how to do best is fighting corruption for d past three years with nothing to show for his administration

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Yankee101: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2018
While corruption must be rooted out, the rule of law must be followed. No one sentences you in better climes even for a crime you were caught red handed. You must have your day in court first

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by ollah2: 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

So you throw the baby along with the bathwater right? You guys amaze me to no end! Everyone except the executive is now fantastically and completely corrupt? Everyone but your demigod and his cronies..

You have problems wirh comprehension
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Ovamboland(m): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lawalatm:
It's not about the present government but the ones to come..... PMB may successfully use the privilege but what happens when he leaves??

Please think beyond the lines and understand that everything and everyone in the corridors of power affects the street guys which is why the three tiers of government was put in place to reduce power drunkenness......just as it is currently undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Executive order should end with the president who enacted it.
In all the comments by anti-Buhari elements who are usually pro anyone accussed of corruption, they are not intelligent enough to even ask if the voice vote is of any effect on the executive order.
If our preeidential system is modelled after USA, we all saw that Trump's executive order was only pronounced upon by a court not the legislature. They understand the concept of executive privilege.

Coming back home, the VP when he acted issued a number of crucial executive orders which are still in force, and I am not aware of any affirmation or pronouncement by the legislature to ratify the orders.

This voice vote is at best an advice with no weight in law, at worst an action by busybodies and ignoramus who have no idea why they are where they are.
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by lexy2014: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Truckpusher:
To bring it down to your level.

The House members aren't kicking against it because they love you so much but they are covering their own ass, because their hands are so dirty.

Bottom line is : Nigeria is fantastically corrupt that any idea to kill corruption won't breath because corruption is part of our national life and we all are involved.
so buhari is trying to kill corruption?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Neoteny(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You have not made any sense abeg...what manner of shallowness is this abeg

He's made more sense in that single post, than you've ever made in all your posts.

The fact that you cant even get your name right speaks volumes

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by SalamRushdie: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Neoteny:

He's made more sense in that single post, than you've ever made in all your posts.

The fact that you cant even get your name right speaks volumes

How many times to Ibhave to remind dingbats that my name has nothing to do the Salman Rushdie the author ..Mine is Salam not Salman ..get that into your head

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
bootstrap:
As much as I don't want to go into the merits or otherwise of the ORDER, seems like most people here don't understand the order.... It seeks, not to confisticate the ill gotten/stolen wealth, but an interim forfeiture, pending the determination of the case in the court.

In case u have not noticed... Corruption cases drag on in the courts too long, mostly because the offenders want it that way, so.. while it last for 5 to 10 years, the criminal will keep enjoying the loot. The govt should be asked to pay interest on the forfieted assets if finally it's determined it was not a product of corruption.

Hving said that tho... I hv not decided how I feel about the order at this time.

Lastly, can the house revoke/reject an executive order? If they can... What is the process? That I will have to find out
you are talking as if u dont know the kind of person Buhari is

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Neoteny(m): 9:41pm On Jul 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

How many times to Ibhave to remind dingbats that my name has nothing to do the Salman Rushdie the author ..Mine is Salam not Salman ..get that into your head

Well you're not always coherent, so.....
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by AnanseK(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2018
Read What Gen. Alani Akinrinade Has to Say About the 8th Assembly

A JOKE TAKEN TOO FAR - by Gen. Alani Akinrinade (Rtd).
=====================
As far as l'm concerned, there is nothing like senators in the federal republic of Nigeria as at today. What people refer to as senators, is merely a deceptive and illusory assemblage of national irritants, who deliberate daily on how to purchase new cars, build new mansions and buy fantastic ones abroad, arrogate a strange and unjustified immunity to themselves, get constituency votes for marrying new wives and servicing girlfriends.
This assemblage derives most of its membership from retired and expired ex-governors, who ran their states aground and left them in huge debts, and also left their subjects bleeding, and weeping in sorrow and abject penury. You also have a lot of rascals, hooligans, area boys and street fighters amongst their fold.
Now how can this insensate and fiendish lot, after enough dosage of weed, lock up themselves in one obscure chamber and begin to mute the idea of impeaching a democratically elected president?...
Well, l must state here that it is none of their faults. If Nigerians had turned out en-mass and come to #OCCUPYNASS so we chase these prodigal sons back to their respective villages, we surely won't be discussing this today.
They should let it trickle down to their medulla that things are no longer the same. It is no more business as usual and there is nothing they can do about it.
I reliably gathered that most of them who borrowed money from banks to finance their campaigns, are finding it increasingly difficult to cope with pressures from the banks.
That's the way it should be. This is not a business venture, rather a call to service. Hence, if you are not comfortable with the tune of events, then you resign, instead of turning yourself a legislative embarrassment and national disgrace. I'm yet to see any of them who would be missed for a minute if he resigns today.
This crop of Wonderers would undoubtedly leave a legacy as the worst performing, and most unproductive Senate in the history of Nigeria. Their latest actions and pronouncements are indeed a joke taken too far.

-Copied.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Jojoki16: 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
He could not even campaign for Fayemi without a script prepared by Jagaban. How did we got here God? [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by Iamzik: 9:59pm On Jul 11, 2018
Truckpusher:
To bring it down to your level.

The House members aren't kicking against it because they love you so much but they are covering their own ass, because their hands are so dirty.

Bottom line is : Nigeria is fantastically corrupt that any idea to kill corruption won't breath because corruption is part of our national life and we all are involved.

What is this one saying?

Do you fight corruption by rule of thumb.
The orders gives FG right to confiscate and freeze assets of suspected looters.

It may interest you to know that the word suspect Has a very broad definition in law. Even you that is arguing for bubu can be a suspect in a corruption allegation you know nothing about.

While I appreciate difficulty in prosecuting these cases,
Let him go through the courts to present his evidences and hopefully indict those alleged looters.

I rather try my luck in court than be subject to an executive order in the hand of a nepotic tyrant

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order by laffwitmi: 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
God bless you bro
bootstrap:
As much as I don't want to go into the merits or otherwise of the ORDER, seems like most people here don't understand the order.... It seeks, not to confisticate the ill gotten/stolen wealth, but an interim forfeiture, pending the determination of the case in the court.

In case u have not noticed... Corruption cases drag on in the courts too long, mostly because the offenders want it that way, so.. while it last for 5 to 10 years, the criminal will keep enjoying the loot. The govt should be asked to pay interest on the forfieted assets if finally it's determined it was not a product of corruption.

Hving said that tho... I hv not decided how I feel about the order at this time.

Lastly, can the house revoke/reject an executive order? If they can... What is the process? That I will have to find out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akon Eyakenyi: Akwa Ibom Senator's Convoy Kills Couple / Peter Obi Says He Will Hold A Press Conference Soon / Obasanjo Lists Reasons Why Atiku Will Be Better Than Buhari As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.