Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving (13646 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by trantoan: 6:10am On Jul 12, 2018
Source: https://naijauto.com/safe-driving/5-steps-to-handle-a-tire-burst-while-driving-660

Do not apply your brake pedal during the blowout since it worsens the imbalance of the vehicle.

Serious accidents coming from tire bursts recently have triggered the public awareness of dealing tire burst incidents.

As reported by FRSC, tire burst ranks as the most feared accident by motorists on the highway since a tire blowout will take the driver off control over their vehicle, especially, if it happens with MUVs or SUVs, it can even flip the vehicles over.

Tire burst ranks as the most feared accident by motorists on the highway

Although high technology has been frequently added to improve tire quality, dangers from tire blowout are still there; So it is essential to learn 5 steps you should know to better deal with a tire burst while driving.

1. First step: Adopt a habit of driving with a safe speed

The lower the speed is, the higher chance you survive and the less damaging the accident would be.
2. Second step: Do not apply your brake pedal during the blowout

This one is tricky as our brains are wired to urge for the brakes when something suddenly astounds us. That said, hard braking seriously worsens the imbalance of the vehicle in the event of tire bursting.

Do not apply your brake pedal during the blowout since it worsens the imbalance of the vehicle

3. Third step: Slowly release the accelerating pedal

Don't disengage the accelerator abruptly. In fact, it is recommended that you keep the same force on the accelerator for a short while before gradually releasing it. In case you’re on cruise control, disengage it right away.

4. Fourth step: Make sure your car keep going straight on

If your vehicle is pulling to one side, it is critical that you pull the steering to the opposite direction to keep it pointed straight or you may collide with surrouding vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AT2_KQ5wv4
Video: Sudden Tire Blow-Out Safety

5. Fifth step: Keep your composure

Don't try to make unnessary control. While the most important thing in this misfortune is to keep balance, an overly sharp yank on the steering wheel may lead to a rollover.

6. Sixth step: Get to the roadside safely

Let the vehicle take its course to a halt. You should only apply the brake pedal when your car is going really slowly and almost reach a stop. Signal the turn and get to the roadside. When already being at the roadside, make sure the hazard lights are on to give signs to approaching vehicles to steer away off.

Make sure the hazard lights are on to give signs to approaching vehicles

Source: https://naijauto.com/safe-driving/5-steps-to-handle-a-tire-burst-while-driving-660

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Nackzy: 6:12am On Jul 12, 2018
Never apply the break

6 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by hisgrace090: 6:35am On Jul 12, 2018
Good points!

But I think being mindful of the tire we use and checking them regularly will reduce such incidence..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by CarGuideNG: 7:00am On Jul 12, 2018
smiley
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by grimandevil: 7:02am On Jul 12, 2018
I can't remember the last time I used brakes. mind you I speed alot

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Kneephy(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2018
If you open this thread and you don't have a car yet, only opened it to learn something and perhaps use the knowledge sometimes in future cos you know you are a potential car owner, I pray God would surprise you with your dream car this year........

But you sef work ooo...

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Jul 12, 2018
DO NOT APPLY BRAKE × 10

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Siberia01(m): 7:03am On Jul 12, 2018
Dju
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by zeekeyboy: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2018
So many lives have gone because of this unfortunate scenario and the driver's response. It is easier said than done though but when drivers try and apply it, lives are saved. Prevention is still the best saver. Always have good tyres and don't over speed.........Nigerian roads don't deserve speed biko.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by IMASTEX: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2018
Nice tips
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2018
Before remembering all this you'd already be in judgement panel I'm afraid.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by nicebaba: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
Step 1. Shout Blood of Jesus grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by updated001: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
grimandevil:
wetin you kon dey use?
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Sabotage4700(m): 7:06am On Jul 12, 2018
Well said... Kudos to the writer!
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by slingerf: 7:08am On Jul 12, 2018
grimandevil:

Ok..� so what do you use?���
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Galaticos444: 7:09am On Jul 12, 2018
grimandevil:
u ar indeed a devil tongue
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Mutemenot(m): 7:09am On Jul 12, 2018
What if you have an object ahead of you or you are already applying brake when the tyre burst

2 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by jnrbayano(m): 7:14am On Jul 12, 2018
nicebaba:

....the most precious thing there is and you make fun with it?

Jisike
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by oWlSuMe: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2018
Kneephy:
If you open this thread and you don't have a car yet, only opened it to learn something and perhaps use the knowledge sometimes in future cos you know you are a potential car owner, I pray God would surprise you with your dream car this year........

But you sef work ooo...
............if u know u know bro. hard work pays off too tho. that's y we hustling
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by stano2(m): 7:26am On Jul 12, 2018
For now, i want to know how to handle my Legs (Tyres) when it gets punctured by a nail.
Am still on legedis Benz for now. No car.

Buy your affordable data with 90days validity

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Lilknight(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2018
If the effect is from Village people, none of the listed points above will have an effect.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by exquizit(f): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2018
Good to know. Thanks for sharing
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by davillian(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2018
Na God dey help person
Once person tire do gbozaaaa everything we read go just vermuze

3 Likes

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by adedavids(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2018
Should in case its gunshot from SARS, try and kill one of them and let's make Nigeria beautiful again. Gradually, they would all be exterminated.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by gabbasin: 8:21am On Jul 12, 2018
the most important precaution to take is to watch your speed, maintaining a speed limit of 90kph is recommended for cars and SUVs so that in rare case of tyre blown at this speed you will easily be able to manoeuvre the vehicle to a halt.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by calculator123(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2018
grimandevil:
You don't drive in Lagos.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by calculator123(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2018
nicebaba:
Sarcasm at it peak
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by calculator123(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2018
stano2:
For now, i want to know how to handle my Legs (Tyres) when it gets punctured by a nail.

The best way is to stop trekking lol. tongue
stano2:

The best way is to stop trekking lol.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Octaves(m): 8:45am On Jul 12, 2018
this thing is always on my mind. I'd also like to know what speed is recommended for cars to be better able to control a tire burst.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 12, 2018
nicebaba:
It worked before and it still does work. Thanks for reminding me.
Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by computerglobal(m): 11:16am On Jul 12, 2018
Tire is very essential to safe driving. The only thing between you and the road are your tires.
Tire condition and maintenance are extremely important in
these vehicles, which have a higher risk of rollovers. In fact,
if you drive or ride in a 12- to 15-passenger van, we urge
you to make certain the van has appropriately sized and
load-rated tires that are properly inflated before every trip

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

Buy With Confidence

Your vehicle MAY be involved in a safety recall and MAY create a safety risk for you or your passengers. If left unrepaired, a potential safety defect could lead to injury or even death. Safety defects must be repaired

When there are problems with tires, you can rely on us to keep you informed
www.nairaland.com/Computerglobal
Stay informed.
Know if there is a safety problem with your vehicles,[b] tires
or car seat and more, and how to get it fixed....

https://www.nairaland.com/4499375/manufacturer-recalls-safety-issues-free#69140770

https://www.nairaland.com/3915757/updates-manufacturer-recalls-safety-issues[/b]

Contact us today for comprehensive vin report for your vehicle

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: 5 Steps To Handle A Tire Burst While Driving by deebrownneymar: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2018
Easier said than done

(1) (Reply)

Personally Buying A Car In Cotonou / Why Do Driving Schools Use Volkswagen Beetle To Teach Driving? / Surprising Things Made By Famous Car Companies From All Over The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.