Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them (1421 Views)

Proof;women Created First Before Men / Let Your Light So Shine Before Men This Year / A Very Urgent Warning And Message From Our Lord Jesus! Pls: Take Heed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by akaazua(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
The Bible cautions against making publicity wile giving alms to the poor. Matthew6:1-4 says[i]: Take heed that you do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise you have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily i said unto you they have their reward. but when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thy alms may be in secrete and thy father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. It seems that some Preachers take pleasure in publicising the good deeds they do to the less privileged. For example a particular church delights in making the whole world know whenever they give any gift to an individual. this is done by televising it so the whole world will see and glorify the church and the preacher. If the poor receives rice, Clothes, money and help of any kind, the so called good deed will be voiced abroad for everybody to hear and see. Is this not hypocrisy? Are we not stealing God's glory by such act? What is the reason for this ugly practice that makes men receive the glory that should be given to God alone? Please, i do not intend to condemn anyone, only that i feel this is not right. I want to appeal to those who may be offended with this observation goad to take it kindly with me. May God help us so that our GOOD will not be mixed with evil. God bless you all.
Re: Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by 5solas(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
I feel your pain. As believers we should do all we can to make sure sound doctrine is taught and the right thing done.

Have you noticed offering boxes are getting transparent? It's lamentable.
Re: Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by SLIGHT(m): 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2010
Its very hypocrital to announce what u gave out already
Re: Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by KunleOshob(m): 7:13am On Jun 13, 2010
RCCG is now teaching it's members to do the opposite, contrary to the teachings of christ.
Re: Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by Joagbaje(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
akaazua:

For example a particular church delights in making the whole world know whenever they give any gift to an individual. this is done by televising it so the whole world will see and glorify the church and the preacher. If the poor receives rice, Clothes, money and help of any kind, the so called good deed will be voiced abroad for everybody to hear and see. Is this not hypocrisy? Are we not stealing God's glory by such act? What is the reason for this ugly practice that makes men receive the glory that should be given to God alone?

The bible is not against public giving. Jesus didnt condemn public giving . what matter is the motive. but you are not in the place of God to judge the motive of another man. As a giver I get inspired to give more when i see a reckless giver. This may have been the intention of that pastor, to inspire others. But if he did it to praise himself. He has lost the blessing already but it is not our place to judge such. it is between him and God
Re: Take Heed That You Do Not Your Alms Before Men, To Be Seen Of Them by chinedumo(m): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2010
do not always see money as a gift. free knowledge to the ignorant is also a gift. so don't brag of ur knowledge whatever u give give in love.

1Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that we all possess knowledge.[a] Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3But the man who loves God is known by God. 1 Corinthians 8

(1) (Reply)

Follow Pastor Chris live On Twitter / Religion And Prostitution In Edo State / Revelation Chapter 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.