Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? (5709 Views)

You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Sexual Orientations And Objective Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by awesomeJ(m): 10:32am On Jul 26, 2018
Seun:
Who is Richard Taylor and when and where did he make that statement, and in what context? If the quote is not a complete lie, then he was just trying to explain the theistic way of thinking. All those dot dot dots in the quote are there for a reason: to mislead lazy readers.
Why not find out for yourself who he is, the authenticity of the post, and what the dots mean.

Apparently his own blindness wasn't as bad as it is with some of you.
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by johnydon22(m): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
awesomeJ:

Why not find out for yourself who he is, the authenticity of the post, and what the dots mean.

Apparently his own blindness wasn't as bad as it is with some of you.

The onus is not on him to authenticate the quote
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by pressplay411(m): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
johnydon22:
Is something good because God commands it or does God command it because it is good?

This question is meant to insight deep thought and debate

Perhaps it will help if you knew some of the names of God.
God is Light, Truth, Righteous, Holy, Good and Love.

On this premise, everything good is of God.
Genesis 1:31 God saw that everything He made was very good.
Consequently, everything bad and evil is from you-know-who.

May your curiousity lead you to theTruth.
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by johnydon22(m): 9:32am On Jul 30, 2018
pressplay411:

Perhaps it will help if you knew some of the names of God.
God is Light, Truth, Righteous, Holy, Good and Love.

On this premise, everything good is of God.
Genesis 1:31 God saw that everything He made was very good.
Consequently, everything bad and evil is from you-know-who.

May your curiousity lead you to theTruth.

Did God also create you know who?
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by pressplay411(m): 10:30am On Jul 30, 2018
johnydon22:

Did God also create you know who?

Satan, yes. He was his best, before Pride crept in and he fell.
Satan has God-given Wisdom which is why he's a genius. But as a true believer and disciple of Christ you become wiser than him.
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by johnydon22(m): 10:46am On Jul 30, 2018
pressplay411:

Satan, yes. He was his best, before Pride crept in and he fell.
Satan has God-given Wisdom which is why he's a genius. But as a true believer and disciple of Christ you become wiser than him.

If God created the originator of evil, doesn't this make God the primary source of evil?

2 Likes

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by pressplay411(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2018
johnydon22:

If God created the originator of evil, doesn't this make God the primary source of evil?

There's so much I wish to share with you but you cannot get the Rhema without the Holyspirit. If I share them with you, they will only confuse you more and probably lead you astray more.

Please accept Christ as your Saviour. Choose to Follow Jesus Christ. He is the only Way to Truth and Life, Peace and Joy and God's abundance. He is simply the Solution to all problems and for all people.

1 John - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that [a]your joy may be full.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by johnydon22(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
pressplay411:

There's so much I wish to share with you but you cannot get the Rhema without the Holyspirit. If I share them with you, they will only confuse you more and probably lead you astray more.

Please accept Christ as your Saviour. Choose to Follow Jesus Christ. He is the only Way to Truth and Life, Peace and Joy and God's abundance. He is simply the Solution to all problems and for all people.

1 John - That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us— 3 that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things we write to you that [a]your joy may be full.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Wow. Ok

2 Likes

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by Dantedasz(m): 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2018

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by festwiz(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
johnydon22:

Wow. Ok
The guy's reply weak me sha. cheesy grin
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by vaxx: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Dantedasz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X05Wn1ZAlfE
I am not an advocate of subjective morality but I must confess this animation is a very strong justification in support of it . At least judging it from christain perspective......

Good video we have here...all christain should take their time and watch it.....it impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
awesomeJ:

I've been searching for a while and cannot figure out where the quote originally came from. My guess is the same place scripture came from.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by awesomeJ(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Seun:

I've been searching for a while and cannot figure out where the quote originally came from. My guess is the same place scripture came from.
Keep searching. Why give up so early.
Your guess isn't relevant.
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by Seun(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
awesomeJ:

Keep searching. Why give up so early.
Your guess isn't relevant.
The quotation is a lie as far as I'm concerned. That which is proposed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Back to the topic!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by johnydon22(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
festwiz:

The guy's reply weak me sha. cheesy grin
grin
Re: Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? by kazyhm(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
festwiz:
Ready to kill every first born son of the Egyptians 'cause the Israelites were captured.

Africans captured, killed and sold, their god be like "I've already sent myself to be killed. That should be real plenty no? Enjoy the slavery. Everything is my will"

Several hundred years later, their god's will is still abound. Mental slavery, hypocrisy, corruption, retardation (no offense), suffering, poverty, misery etc

Sad! cry

#peace

Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How God Changed My Genotype From SS To AA...| Favour Orji / Another Validation To The Bible And Its Contents. Statue of Ramses II unearthed! / Unbelievable Quote From Watchtower Publications!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.