Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,375 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. (1327 Views)

#EkitiDecides 2018: APC Wins Fayose’s Local Government / #EkitiDecides: APC Mop Up Rally Request Also Turned Down / #Ekitidecides: Udom Emmanuel Speaks On Manhandling Of Fayose (video/pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by sleemfesh: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
This Linkedin user said posted:

Bear with my seeming obsession with the Ekiti election. It is with the data and the possibilities more than it is the politics per se.

I just chanced on a Twitter poll by APC's (the party) verified account asking: "#EkitiDecides: Which party do you see winning this Saturday's Governorship Election in Ekiti state?"

See the result so far from 13k+ votes and compare it with the sentiment analysis I posted earlier. Can you see the margins?

The next challenge is folks actually coming out to vote, the voting being counted and the vote counting. 

I will try to catch and analyze more twitter streams on both and hopefully towards the end of this APC poll and compare it further. You may not have the traction personally to reach a considerable users to vote but you can always gather the view of the Twitterverse at large.

PS: This of course cannot be the definitive pictures of things on ground. Hardly any stats is. But very safe and serious insights plus informed decisions can be made from things like this in branding, business, politics, economics etc.

#dataanalysis #elections

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6423159392698535936

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by kayzEkefre(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
Elections are not won on social media

4 Likes

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by oshe11: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2018
If Only those from Ekiti are the ones voting via this twitter poll, It would be 92% in Favour of PDP

But most Northerners don invade the Poll

2 Likes

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by mercenary: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
oshe11:
If Only those from Ekiti are the ones voting via this twitter poll, It would be 92% in Favour of PDP

But most Northerners don invade the Poll
But them still lose

3 Likes

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by sleemfesh: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
kayzEkefre:

Yes.
Because Nigerian politicians keep rigging it on ground.

2 Likes

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by UncleJJ(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2018
sleemfesh:

Yes.
Because Nigerian politicians keep rigging it on ground.

INEC does not count votes cast on social media.

Please upload the json file.
Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by amaniro: 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2018
they won them even on their Twitter handletongue

1 Like

Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2018
kayzEkefre:
this shall be d first
Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by sleemfesh: 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
UncleJJ:

INEC does not count votes cast on social media.

Please upload the json file.

Wetin u wan do with the json file then?�
Re: APC's #ekitidecides Poll And My Twitter Sentiment Analysis. See Winner. by yarimo(m): 2:17am On Jul 13, 2018
If election are won on twitter, GOODLUCK jonathan could have win 2015 presidential election.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

K1 Praised Ambode In July For Second Term; Then Praise Sanwo-olu In September / Buhari Rejects Bill To Amend NOSDRA Act / Governor Ayodele Fayose....i Apologize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.