Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Banks In Nigeria Are Now Giving "Gender Based Loans Ie Womans Loans" Naa Wahhh - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks In Nigeria Are Now Giving "Gender Based Loans Ie Womans Loans" Naa Wahhh (346 Views)

CBN Lists Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria (see Full List) / 5 Banks In Nigeria With High Savings Interest Rates Account / Banks Are Now Giving Out Fake Naira Notes.(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banks In Nigeria Are Now Giving "Gender Based Loans Ie Womans Loans" Naa Wahhh by martinosi: 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
Banks In Nigeria are Now giving "Gender based Loans ie Womans Loans" but cant even fund/Loan Money to already
Established Business who need to Expand "Na wAHH For Nigeria"

OK let me start by staying that i am not against "Woman Empowerment" etc etc I believe and know that on average most people of Nigeria want whats best for thier Sisters, Aunties, Wives and Mothers. There are alot of Business that are naturally geared towards women such as
Hair-Care, Fashion Design, Food Stores be its Fast Food or Resturant, Nursery-Education, etc etc becuase these area's stem from a Feminine DNA Nature of being a Woman.

Thats not to say that women dont go into other area's of business that are naturally male dominated
or which males drive to be in ie Manufacturing, Logisics, Shipping, Trading etc.

But what i finding disturbing is this trend in Nigeria & Africa where so called women empowerment is
getting to a point where we now have to start giving Excessive preferential Treatment in Finance & funding to get women into business.
To me this smells of a very sinister agenda, that is being hatched outside the "Corporate Board-rooms in Lagos & Abuja".

This drive is being done by most of the Banks now in Nigeria and i sense an agenda that will be detrimental
to the economic health of the Male & Family unit structure in the long run to Nigeria.

I have been in the financial Industry for over 18 years (Investment Banking, Insurance, Development Finance) in
North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.

I seen that their is a socio-economic norm developing in Nigeria where Male Graduates in areas
such as Finance, Banking, Business Mannagement etc cannot get into companies in Nigeria be they
Local or Foreign and are being sidelined for Female Candidates that dont have even half the aptitude of the Male Candidate or his skills.

This i have seen being part of the recruitment process for a Development Finance Company in
Abuja and Lagos where the Senior Management were more interested in employing female & Good Looking females that the people that were qualified which were 70% male.

Now look at this advert below that was sent to a relative of mine who is into HR Management -

Banks now are Giving "W or Women Loans" in Nigeria Haba!!!! So many good businesses run by Males who are single & Married in
Nigeria need funding to expand and the Banks dont even bother to help them but they can come up with a Scheme Called "W or Womens" Loans which we all know will be given to the Sisters, Nieces, Aunties, Wives and Mothers of the Big-Wigs in the Banking & Political Elite
circles in Nigeria to Grow their own Business and when it works well they will be given air time on Channels TV & Other stations
in Nigeria Blowing their horn that we are Empowering Women, the is total BS!!! and i have to call it out because i've seen this
trend with the "Bank of Industry Nigeria" and the Loans they gave to Women connected to Men in Banking & Political/Power circles.

We need to make sure that our Sons in Nigeria, havea bright future and can marry and raise families, doing this ensures
that the daughters will be taken care of and will have the Best Opportunity to have a Stable Economic Life and go into business
on their own if they so choose.

How can we do that we all we keep on doing is putting out signals into the society and economy that Women willbe
empowered and Men will be dis-empowered. We see this in Some Big Well Known Churches Now in Nigeria and
Abroad that have a Core Nigerian/African Membership where all they do is Hold Women Conferences and
Empower the women all day and dont care what happens to the "Young-Men". Most Senior Pastors who are Males
Support this as they know that keeping the women happy at ANy Cost keeps the women in the church, which keeps the Husband and Family
there which keep the Funds Flowing.

Banking System in Nigeria cant you fund the small and medium sized business first that we need to
grow the economy in the area of:

1 - Agriculture (Vegetable Gardens, Fruit Plot Farms, Staple Crop Farms-Yam-Cassava)
2 - Traded Services (Electrician, Plumber, Builders, Painting. Land-Scaping, Interior Decoration, Carpentry,
Auto-Mechanic- Body Shop etc)
3 - Small Scale Construction Service (ie Pavment Laying, Part Road Maintenance, Street Lights & Signs etc)
4 - Office Supply Stores, Business Supply Stores etc
5 - Processing Mills

Their is a trend now in Nigerian and generally across africa about all this "Women Empowerment" but from my experience i see
that the people that push/fund these schemes are mostly foreign Non African Funders that want to gain access to Resources
in Africa, so they will fund a Female and front her as the Business Owner to get the resources as she is easier to
control and Manipulate. This is 99.99% of the so called "Women's Rights/Economic Empowerment Agenda going on in Nigeria & Africa Today.

Same Objective of Extracting African Resources but just a Different Method now called Women Economic Empowerment with
Crubs falling the Local Banking & Political Connected Elite.

Nothing has changed....such a shame....
Re: Banks In Nigeria Are Now Giving "Gender Based Loans Ie Womans Loans" Naa Wahhh by InansBobo(m): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2018
If you want it, go and use a woman to get it

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Recharge And Get Paid / Discover How U Can Make Make While Sleeping / Get A FREE Promo Video For Your Business Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.