Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List (8704 Views)

Nigeria, Three Others Top World Bank Debtors’ List / FG Roads Debt: Senate To Assist Enugu Government's Reimbursement / 20 AMCON Biggest Debtors' List: Ifeanyi Ubah, Jimoh Ibrahim, Kashamu, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by afongha: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
ITs banks do their home work before granted these loans, half the problem would be solved.
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Rickyuzzy(f): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
afongha:
ITs banks do their home work before granted these loans, half the problem would be solved.

True, the banks are one of the major problems faced by this economy, they support only the rich and it messes them up
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
davodyguy:

Bloody liar
Most you guys just post rubbish on the internet.

Do you work in AMCON or in any of the said companies?

I work for AMCON and can tell you AMCON has been very very fair in dealing with them.

AMCON even still release additional funds to resuscitate some dead companies and also pay salaries. Why do you think AMCON is carrying up to N5trillion?

Why did you refer to me as bloody liar?

In the course of doing your job as AMCON, must you shut companies and increase unemployment in the economy? I only suggested that AMCON should take over the management of the companies and not outright shutting down. Are you not open to suggestions?

Am sure the suggestion will be valued by key stakeholders in AMCON
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Afamed: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
Yoruba4Life:
Articles like these never gets traffic or enough interests from the lazy 9ja youths. These are news that can empower them, instead they go about wasting their time on irrelevant news and stories. undecided

The average Nigerian youth isn't armed with the needed requisite and platform to be interested in powerful information like this.

They're too bereft and lacking in the mechanisms / tools needed to effectively process technical problems requiring strategic solutions. angry

Aren't the youth supposes to be the future leaders? BS! Instead they blame their current leaders while their future is being bought! angry
You said it all. But unfortunately, an average Nigerian Youth would prefer those looting their common wealth to supporting those willing to bring back their Common Wealth to them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
And who is going to buy these assets in an economy that is still in recovery post recession?
As for obligors who clearly don't seem bothered about the seizure of their non performing assets, AMCON should seize their collateral assets as well as provided by the banks.
That is what truly makes these rich people scared.

Sometimes, its not as easy as that.
AMCON acts as a Receiver Manager and through their legal team, take over the companies and all financial information.
Wading through the exact financial mess of some companies take a while and afterwards you find that some do need to just be shut down pending when the obligors (some of whom occasionally come to beg the body), can provide most of the debt owed the bank over an agreed period.
Its not always an open and shut case.

Good insight

I understand it won't be that easy but there's always a way out.

I'm just of the opinion that the interest of the local economy and that of workers should be a priority.
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by AmTruth: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
So they are now agreeing with the Presidential Order NUMBER 6 in a stylish style. Imagine 4 trillion and above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by GavelSlam: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
AmTruth:
So they are now agreeing with the Presidential Order NUMBER 6 in a stylish style. Imagine 4 trillion and above

Only 350 entities own 80% of that debt.
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
TrumpedL:

Good insight

I'm just of the opinion that the interest of the local economy and that of workers should be a priority.
Understood
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
vivaciousvivi:
Understood
Are you a staff of AMCON?
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
TrumpedL:

Are you a staff of AMCON?

Bro, I wish! cheesy
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Bro, I wish! cheesy
Lol Your wish can come true
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
TrumpedL:

Good insight

Oh I also forgot to add.
Amazingly as it may sound, some obligors actually petition the Receiver Manager (be it AMCON or another appointed by the bank) and the case will now be pending in court. In such an instance, the company will be unable to operate. Some do this as a form of delay tactics.
And no, I am not a lawyer either. smiley
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by LaIabobo: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
TrumpedL:
I don't understand AMCON's modus operandi.

They take over those companies, seal them, render them unproductive leading to more unemployment

Taking over company should not lead to closure but only change in management

You are kinda wrong tho.
Read up on AMCON,
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by thewesternking: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
Let them publish the names.

Let us know who and who is robbing us blind behind our backs.

1 Like

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
xpmode:
Twitter Senator is among the debtors again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

Oh I also forgot to add.
Amazingly as it may sound, some obligors actually petition the Receiver Manager (be it AMCON or another appointed by the bank) and the case will now be pending in court. In such an instance, the company will be unable to operate. Some do this as a form of delay tactics.
And no, I am not a lawyer either. smiley
The whole poo is an institutional flaw. Why will banks give out huge funds in the first place?

The 80:20 principle is very evident in Nigeria's banking sector; 80% of depositor's funds spent by 20% of debtors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
Koolking:
Common sense senator representing his constituency on Twitter is one of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
Ben Bruce is standing on this table

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Yankee101: 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
Watch out and see how some of your 'richest' folks are the most indebted.
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
TrumpedL:

The whole poo is an institutional flaw. Why will banks give out huge funds in the first place?

The 80:20 principle is very evident in Nigeria's banking sector; 80% of depositor's funds spent by 20% of debtors
Very funny. That's their primary responsibility. As lenders to the public and private sector to shore fiscal policy and the economy as a whole.
What should be more of a concern to us is the level of due diligence, corporate governance and compliance probe that these companies should pass through before a penny is released.
I agree, all na corruption and man know man
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by InvertedHammer: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
RevenGeMission:
Publishing or shaming won't make any difference , sieze their assets
/
It will be nice if they have assets.

Some of them are Houdini with connections.

Worth N100m but owing N1b.

/

1 Like

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by thewesternking: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Only 350 entities own 80% of that debt.

It's a sad situation we find ourselves in.

1 Like

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by thewesternking: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=Fukafuka post=69343141][/quote]

Person wen dey talk common sense no get common sense to do the right thing.
Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by thewesternking: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
Yankee101:
Watch out and see how some of your 'richest' folks are the most indebted.

All these senators.

All of them.

1 Like

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by Yankee101: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
thewesternking:

All these senators.

All of them.

Lol

1 Like

Re: N4.8trn Bad Debt: Senate To Allow AMCON Publish Debtors’ List by elijahkayode(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nigeria Next President Must Agree To Reform The Government
Politics in Nigeria is in total turmoil, officials are being teargased in broad daylight, herdmens are still killing our siblings in the east, and president buhari despite his best has failed in his quest to reduce corruption and terrorism because he's yet to come up with a solution to Nigeria problems. Blame games don't cut it anymore, it's time to Reform the government.
Reforming The government would require them to serve voters, not corporate or special interests. I.e (president Trump might be controversial but he's delivering on his promises to his voters and the Americans love him for it)
Public Citizen will also work to empower ordinary citizens, reduce the influence of big corporations on government, open the government to public scrutiny, and hold public officials accountable for their misdeeds.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/reforming-government-first-requires-understanding-it/521004/
The objectives of the reform should be:
1. Establishing a Government System with More Effective Political Leadership
2. Restructuring of National Administrative Organs
3. A More Transparent Administration which would be a major win for the current government policy
4. Streamlining of the Government.
There will be no more regional killings (christians and Muslims will know their rights)
Donald Trump recently Discuss Christian Killings With President Buhari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH6VwjX617g
Am sure you will agree with me that the Nigeria government is just like a bloated android device, trust me there are some Federal agencies out there that should be merged which will help save budget, and we will be able to secure our borders and harmonize our identity as a nation, no nation on planet earth survives without a proper citizen data which is a shame cause we don't have one in Nigeria.
Our government will be able to serve the Nigerian populance way better in this 21st century than it's current state afterall the US has a Congressional oversight program that review, monitor and supervise federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation and it has been in existence since 1816 and moreover president Trump has agreed to Reform United States government for the 21st century
https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/management/government-reform/
Nigeria will be 68 years old in a couple of months and this will show that as a nation we are progressing and moving forward. President Buhari should think of this as a birthday gift to us.
Am trying to get this message across to everyone of us who believe in the brilliant future of this great country called Nigeria.
Give us "Hope" in this country, we all deserve it
sign the petition
https://www.change.org/p/muhammed-buhari-nigeria-next-president-must-agree-to-a-total-reform-of-the-government

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Generate N16bn From E-tickets For Train Services / We Need N222bn To Conduct 2018 Census, Says NPC / Govt Has Denied Us Use Of Stadium For Presidential Rally, Ekiti PDP Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.