Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The Fulani Question - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Fulani Question (267 Views)

Chief Oyebanji Olowofela Arrested As The Alleged Ringleader Of The Fulani Herdsm / Picture ,one of The Fulani Bandit ,that Attacked Ebonyi / The Dead Bodies Of The Fulani Youths Killed In Yorro LGA, Taraba (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fulani Question by infonewsnigeria: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2018
Educated Fulanis, many friends of mine included, have displayed a strong reluctance to engage in public discussions about the Fulani herdsmen crisis. Last week, I complained about this stony silence, (which I regard as unhelpful and possibly passive-aggressive!).

Your Fulani friends chose silence because the odds are stacked against the herdsmen. The narrative is one in which herdsmen are on a jihad. Anything contrary to that perspective will get short-shrift in the hands of those who control the media – Christian irredentists.

From An Un-named Individual (08091673000)

As a reporter myself I can understand your frustration, but you must also understand the fact that the press has generally been deliberately unkind to Fulanis in their reportage of the unfolding herdsmen crisis. This crass lack of professionalism is responsible for the “unfriendly stance of the Fulanis”.

Meanwhile, Kadaria Ahmed (kadaria@hotmail.com), a Fulani, a friend and a fellow journalist who has a totally detribalised personal and social life, is not afraid to air her views about this burning issue. Nevertheless, when she tries to put things into perspective, she is sometimes (unfairly, in my opinion) accused of being a Fulani irredentist. And she recently shared the following observations with me:

Not every conflict that is reported as Fulani attack is actually one.

There is some evidence that banditry and ISWAP (Islamic State West Africa) attacks are being reported as Fulani attacks. And when Fulani settlements are attacked, there is a deafening silence with little or no reporting in the national press.
Even when it is reported by a handful of people with access to the information, it is ignored or dismissed.

Source:https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1660/the-fulani-question?new=1

Cc lalasticlala uboma oam4j Seun mynd44 missyb3

(1) (Reply)

Father Burns 8yrs Old Daughter Hands For Always Stealing (graphic Pics) / JUST IN: 8 Boko Haram Suspects Behind Abduction Of Chibok Girls Arrested / Catholic Priest Kidnapped In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.