Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,784 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (71387 Views)

Man Gifts Keke To A Bike Rider Who Used To Carry Him Free & On Credit (Photos) / 155 Nigerians Stranded In Russia After World Cup Return Home(photos) / The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Ugosample(m): 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
AnthonyAk:
How does a return ticket get cancelled?

That's why I don't book tickets with these criminal agents

I book my flights myself online

How difficult can that be bikonu?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by delishpot: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Apple2:

I used 800k to start my life, and today I run +millions. 1.5m can start you a good hustle and in 3years if you are smart you will be 5x richer. Don't be greedy Mr man, you have to start somewhere on legal means

Bless you. they are talking as if when those people cross border they will suddenly become CEOs of businesses. Is it not still small hussles they will start with in the abroad? Its well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by mimimile93: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Reports have it that some Nigerians who traveled to witness the 2018 World Cup in Russia are stranded and are unable to come back home due to some restraints. Some of the travelers fled into other countries from Russia in order obtain Schengen visa and also getting stranded in the process.

According to reports, the victims have only FAN IDs, which the Russian government issued as a visa substitute to foreigners traveling to attend the FIFA World Cup. This means they can’t use the document to get a job. With nowhere to go, they’re going about Russia looking for help.

Hear their plea to the Nigerian and Russian governments;

"We came here to come and plead to our government in Nigeria because all of us came here to watch football, and we paid our flight tickets to and fro. "But unfortunately, we cannot get return back to Nigeria because our return tickets were cancelled and it is so disappointing to us as we never planned to stay in Russia."

"We want to go back and that is why we are pleading to both our government and that of Russia to help us."

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/nigerians-who-traveled-for-the-world-cup-now-stranded-in-russia-photo.html

Y'all keep representing us..

I am always ashamed telling people I am a Nigerian...

I would say I am a Ghanaian..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by udo2018: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
Apple2:

I used 800k to start my life, and today I run +millions. 1.5m can start you a good hustle and in 3years if you are smart you will be 5x richer. Don't be greedy Mr man, you have to start somewhere on legal means
You're obviously not in touch with reality bro. That amount can hardly pay for an office/shop space currently in my city.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
Lmao!

Why does the topic/caption have me rolling on the floor?

Anyway, I hope they get the help they need.
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by onatisi(m): 10:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
slimdamatrix1:
Lmao!

Why does the topic/caption have me rolling on the floor?

Anyway, I hope they get the help they need.
They were warned ,I know some nairaland members will be among despite the repeated warnings given to ppl not to try it that it is virtually impossible crossing to another country with their fan id.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Reports have it that some Nigerians who traveled to witness the 2018 World Cup in Russia are stranded and are unable to come back home due to some restraints. Some of the travelers fled into other countries from Russia in order obtain Schengen visa and also getting stranded in the process.

According to reports, the victims have only FAN IDs, which the Russian government issued as a visa substitute to foreigners traveling to attend the FIFA World Cup. This means they can’t use the document to get a job. With nowhere to go, they’re going about Russia looking for help.

"We came here to come and plead to our government in Nigeria because all of us came here to watch football, and we paid our flight tickets to and fro. "But unfortunately, we cannot get return back to Nigeria because our return tickets were cancelled and it is so disappointing to us as we never planned to stay in Russia."

"We want to go back and that is why we are pleading to both our government and that of Russia to help us."

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/nigerians-who-traveled-for-the-world-cup-now-stranded-in-russia-photo.html

Make Russian winter catch una! !
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by onatisi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Make Russian winter catch una! !
Na die . Some of them won't survive it. I don't know what is wrong with these ppl ,they just do things without asking or seeking geniue information.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
double08:
Russia is not a place to go with out proper visa! they dont tolerate ni66ers (african americans)..talkless of black Africans

That's true.

Assuming na Germany, e for better for them
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by lesson44: 12:17am On Jul 14, 2018
Disgrace.
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2018
udo2018:
You're obviously not in touch with reality bro. That amount can hardly pay for an office/shop space currently in my city.
Not true my own office is 6k a month. undecided and it's in lagos. There are many shops and offices that you can rent yearly for less than 100000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by bigtt76(f): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2018
After posing with Russian girls now they are coming to beg to fly back home .....hmmmmmm! Make Russian winter nor catch una there o! tongue

BoneBlogger:

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by AnthonyAk(m): 1:34am On Jul 14, 2018
Ugosample:

That's why I don't book tickets with these criminal agents

I book my flights myself online

How difficult can that be bikonu?

Exactly
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Ezniteadin(m): 2:55am On Jul 14, 2018
When winter starts, they will wish for Nigerian shithole than Russia, they should excape their excapades for this brief summer. Winter in Russia is crazy, they should not worry about being arrested. they will report themselves to the Police in Winter and beg to be deported

How can you run from a good weather to a country that you know nothing about?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by godofuck231: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2018
BoneBlogger:

the Russian winter awaits
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by taiwojoe40(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
some Nigerians are cunning, tactless and have low iQ,imagine a poor man spending a million or more than to travel out of the country without any back up plan Incase things don't work out either from here or over there..shame....make una dey Waka come now or call broda Buhari..
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Martinez19(m): 3:02pm On Jul 14, 2018
This world is harsh. Humans suffering here and there, we haven't fixed our intellectual and moral failings yet we dey marry and born up and down. My heart goes to them.
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by jesonye: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2018
They cant go anywhere after 25th July as the Fan ID expires by month En - 10d days after WC Finals.
The Russian authority wasn't friendly with those having the fan ID /documents talkless of no document, also Russia Summer is cold talk less of winter; food kwa, na wahala.
They better come back before the Russians use them for experiment.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Ugosample(m): 7:59am On Jul 15, 2018
Martinez19:
This world is harsh. Humans suffering here and there, we haven't fixed our intellectual and moral failings yet we dey marry and born up and down. My heart goes to them.

true
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by samtol4(m): 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin

Everybody is running away from Buhari inflicted Hardship and Recession
There are better ways to run away from hardship not this method . Russian winter is not merciful
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by AnthonyAk(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
Lol funny enough I might have come across some. When I was in lag three weeks back
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by isaacwil: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2018
Bad economy
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by peacengine(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2018
Fake hustlers
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by Apple2: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
udo2018:

Must you rent an office or shop? Is there no hustle that is in the street? Why not be humble to ask me wot business I did or u can do with such amount to run well in nearest future. Dis is why must of u boys end up committing crimes cos u don't want to start from scratch, u want from large
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by udo2018: 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Apple2:

Must you rent an office or shop? Is there no hustle that is in the street? Why not be humble to ask me wot business I did or u can do with such amount to run well in nearest future. Dis is why must of u boys end up committing crimes cos u don't want to start from scratch, u want from large
Sorry Sir. Can I hear the Business idea now?
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by karlboss: 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
I heard Putin has visa free for people with Fifa fan id
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by DexterousOne(m): 1:45am On Nov 29, 2019
kunkelhanspeter:
some people no just get sense at all!!!! you have 1-1.5m and you are running away from Nigeria to nowhere

What do you think you can do Witt N1.5m today in Nigeria business wise?

Let me hear what you have to say first
Re: Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo by DexterousOne(m): 1:45am On Nov 29, 2019
udo2018:
Sorry Sir. Can I hear the Business idea now?

Me sef de wait the idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities / Windhoek, Namibia Is Africa's Second Cleanest City / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.