Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video (45508 Views)

The Mystery Of The Altered Results In Nigeria's Disputed 2023 Election - BBC / Election: BBC Africa Interviews The Lady Attacked In Surulere (Video) / Lekki Shootings: CNN Vs BBC Video Report. Who Do You Think Gave A True View? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 8:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nosaghae:

haha! Fear God na. Did you not saw Wen dey wrote "quietly fayemi, fayemi" ?

Ask a Yoruba person to translate it for you. Also next time ask why the 4k was being shared right inside the old government house.

Does APC have access to the old government house or is it not supposed to be under the control of the ruling party PDP?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by AntiWailer: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
kapelvej:
you are exactly the problem of Nigeria. The video did not say whether it was APC or PDP
Na U no get data bro.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by uvie66: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
Barywhyte:
Nigeria situation is a hopeless one. We are done in this part of the world. Just watch this shameful video
totally agree with you, how democracy can work in Africa is beyond me to comprehend, as long as the people are poverty stricken they will continue to vote with their stomach rather conscience, this is akin to prostitution where a woman will sleep with anybody for a fee. The problem is that these politicians recoup the money tenfold from federal allocation. She has collected a measly 4000, assuming she is a state employed worker on say 20k a month, the incoming government then decide to owe her 6 months salary totalling 120k, who is the loser here?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by peeps4u: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
frankzone:

Oga watch the video with
Open mind. They mentioned both parties

Don't mind that guy. He and others have been busy propagating lies here since morning.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by Addme: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Do these guys commenting up there understand Yoruba at all........

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by miqos02(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nosaghae:

Is ur blindness so bad that u didn't see this part of the video or is fayemi now PDP's candidate?
I just weak oh. The interviewer asked her " ta lo in ka dibo fun"
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by boolet: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Four k; that is 1k for each year, for the next four yeara. Lolz.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
miqos02:
the interview asked both women the same question.

" ta lo ni ka dibo fun"

The old woman already had Fayemi as her choice so said Fayemi without understanding the question fully. Its evident In the video. The second lady fully understood it and was the one who mentioned amount and what they were told after being paid and she was also the one who directed others to run to the old government house to collect their own share.

The old government house belongs to PDP and not APC so APC could not have been there sharing anything.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by wellmax(m): 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
In the video they clearly said PDP but Op want us to believe it's APC

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by Jaymaestro(m): 9:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
It seems this is a war of bragging rights in Ekiti state and Nigeria
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Wow
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
wellmax:
In the video they clearly said PDP but Op want us to believe it's APC

Don't mind the OP

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
alen4smith:
pathetic and uncircumcised slowpoke that's what you are.
I have this phobia for upcoming ediots and pigs

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by wellmax(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
smellingmenses:

Your APC governor in Osun State is owing 25 months salaries.... He's benevolent I think in your dictionary

Which of the Osun State. You will just stay in your hamlet and be spewing trash

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
Idiot. Old Government House it said.
seunmsg:

People like you will see red and still call it black. Even though PDP was clearly mentioned in the two videos that I have seen, the venue also gives a clear indication of the party sharing the money. Can APC go to Ekiti government house and be sharing money?
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by smellingmenses: 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
wellmax:

Which of the Osun State. You will just stay in your hamlet and be spewing trash
LOL Osun Oshogbo
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by inyenejo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
This is how we warned Benue and Plateau not to welcome the Fulani terrorists secret cult ( apc) but they said no they need change....... Ekiti please be wise, vote PDP, vote PDP, VOTE PDP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by mavinc4u(f): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
butterflylion:

Really? cheesy

So Sahara reporters were too dumb to ask questions right?

Same way the BBC reporter obviously asked those she interviewed and they resoundingly said PDP was bribing with 4k.

Were you deaf that you did not hear them say PDP?

Your doom na tomorrow. Wait and see grin

They mentioned both pdp and fayemi. Who is Fayemi? The one who mentioned pdp was not sure of the party sharing money. She was like may be pdp.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
For those still confused, this is from the BBC website regarding that video because they covered it in their pidgeon service.

As evribodi dey ready diasef for di Ekiti governorship election wey go shele on July 14, di BBC don get exclusive video wey dey show as dem dey bribe some of di voters.

Di video wey comot on di eve of di election (Friday, July 13) dey show as some pipo dey run make dem no miss out as dem dey share moni.
Our tori pipo dey follow di mata as e dey hot for di capital, Ado-Ekiti.

"Moni, four, four thousand...for di pipo wey go vote tomorrow," na wetin one woman tok.
Anoda woman tok say dem tell her say make she vote for PDP.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-44827936

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by ariesbull: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
Such a sophistry
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by uba1991: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
4601CE:
No matter how much effort you put into explaining. These guys will never yield. Their brain have been blocked with hate and propaganda.
This is why I resist engaging any pdp/iPod/wailer in a conversation here.
good words dont engage ipob pigs on arguement,they foolishly do politics with emotion

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by mavinc4u(f): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
butterflylion:

The old woman already had Fayemi as her choice so said Fayemi without understanding the question fully. Its evident In the video. The second lady fully understood it and was the one who mentioned amount and what they were told after being paid and she was also the one who directed others to run to the old government house to collect their own share.

The old government house belongs to PDP and not APC so APC could not have been there sharing anything.

Oh i see Fayemi is Apc, no wonder you are defending his name been mentioned. My friend get a life so we can move this country forward. This politicians you are fighting for do not care if you leave or not stop this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
mavinc4u:

They mentioned both pdp and fayemi. Who is Fayemi? The one who mentioned pdp was not sure of the party sharing money. She was like may be pdp.

Clear your confusion

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 9:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
mavinc4u:

Oh i see Fayemi is Apc, no wonder you are defending his name been mentioned. My friend get a life so we can move this country forward. This politicians you are fighting for do not care if you leave or not stop this nonsense.

And you are fayose which is why you seemed initially excited at the news. You need to get a life.

The elderly woman had to whisper for reasons best known to her. Perhaps she has taken the money but still wanted to vote Fayemi and did not want anybody to hear her betrayal.

But the other lady boldly declared PDP as she walked away.

I should stop this nonsense right? The same nonsense you want to force down my throat by insisting it was APC when even the reporter from BBC who covered it clearly stated her findings.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by TGM2015: 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
iboboyswag:

The old woman was making an allusion that she intends to vote FAYEMI. the other lady clearly understood the question and told the undercover reporter that they are told to vote PDP.

On the background, near the end of the of the video, you can hear the woman on the phone advising someone on the other end to come to the old governors office which is where they were at the time (the venue of the share the money).

You got it.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by mavinc4u(f): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
butterflylion:

Clear your confusion

There was never confusion. I have got who fayemi is from you. I will be the last person to fight for any politician, I have a lot of things to do with my life and time.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by docadams: 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
kapelvej:
you are exactly the problem of Nigeria. The video did not say whether it was APC or PDP

Obviously, you are deaf
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by butterflylion: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
mavinc4u:

There was never confusion. I have got who fayemi is from you. I will be the last person to fight for any politician, I have a lot of things to do with my life and time.

Help yourself

iboboyswag:

The old woman was making an allusion that she intends to vote FAYEMI. the other lady clearly understood the question and told the undercover reporter that they are told to vote PDP.

On the background, near the end of the of the video, you can hear the woman on the phone advising someone on the other end to come to the old governors office which is where they were at the time (the venue of the share the money

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by Viking007(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
seunmsg:
Some people will watch the video from BBC a d still call it propaganda. Fayose has not paid salaries of civil servants this year but he has the money to bribe voters with 4k each. This goes to show how wicked the guy is.
This is not a matter of PDP or APC. It's common with all politicians, they all buy votes.
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by TGM2015: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
Yusuf4:

Did you watch the video at all. The old woman said Fayemi in a low voice
Low voice, because she has collected the money and doesn't want people passing/around to know or hear who she will vote for.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by ehissi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Barywhyte:
Nigeria situation is a hopeless one. We are done in this part of the world. Just watch this shameful video

Obviously you were sleeping during the US elections when Obama's campaign organisation was sharing free cellphones in poor black communities to ginger voters/votes for elections...... undecided

They say man whey never waka, na E dey think say E problem na E big pass......
Re: Ekiti Residents Collect N4,000 Each For Governorship Election - BBC Video by mavinc4u(f): 9:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
butterflylion:

And you are fayose which is why you seemed initially excited at the news. You need to get a life.

The elderly woman had to whisper for reasons best known to her. Perhaps she has taken the money but still wanted to vote Fayemi and did not want anybody to hear her betrayal.

But the other lady boldly declared PDP as she walked away.

I should stop this nonsense right? The same nonsense you want to force down my throat by insisting it was APC when even the reporter from BBC who covered it clearly stated her findings.

Can you now see that you are the confused one here. I stated it clearly that both pdp and Fayemi name were mentioned and I went ahead to ask who Feyemi was before I got it from your post that he is the Apc aspirant. I am not here to force anything but I can only tell Ekiti people to vote wisely, to choose between life and death. I am sorry to say this but Nigeria is already doomed with the type of youths we have today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Between EFCC And Segalink On Twitter / Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / Second Niger Bridge Nears Completion (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.