Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) (30061 Views)

FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Bridge Collapses In Kwara After Heavy Rainfall, Four Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by ariesbull: 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Abeokuta is awesomeness of Ogun....where is that long hat governor...oh he is at Ekiti
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by ariesbull: 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
naijacentric:
Flood in ogun state am shocked thought it was only relative to lagos

It happened in Ota also
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by mamaafrik(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
those of you talking about planning that area should not flood,it'z a hilly topography and has two wide drainages.

2 Likes

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
the whole of ogun state doesn't have drainage system. both on major road and street.

the disaster is yet to come.
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by groovie(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
What's the problem. It's every year in Abk. It's good for Nigerians to understand that building bridges is just to siphon money. Nothing special. Until our leaders get down to real work the floods will come and sweep off all they have worked so hard to steal too. More is coming.

1 Like

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by blazer2018: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
The retards dumping refuse in d drainages across d state capital are hugely responsible for this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by blazer2018: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
mamaafrik:
those of you talking about planning that area should not flood,it'z a hilly topography and has two wide drainages.

Don't mind them
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Bluffly: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
theoldpretender:
Better city planning would have prevented this..

But in Nigeria.....
Who told you. Flash floods can happen anywhere in the world irrespective of how developed they are. Though I will agree that most of our constructions were poorly done without adequate safety test. most of them are less durable. The most painful part is that we do not learn to make things better

1 Like

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by SmartMugu: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
Askmewhy:
Which state is Abeojuta?
Look in the mirror, it's right there on your forehead.
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by SmartMugu: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
yomie040:
I was at the scene, saw the flood carried two taxi cabs. I was shocked with what I witnessed.
Wow. Were u trekking when it happened? Why the flood no carry u too? Are heavier than than these taxi cars u mentioned?
Just curious about how flood will compose whole taxi cabs and free you wey just dey waka or dey on top okada. Your jazz strong my bro. Lol
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by SmartMugu: 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
The Bible and the Quoran preach against hating a fellow human. I know I seriously dislike Femi Adesina and that Garba guy, but I don't want to use 'hate'. What other word can I use that is not in these books? I don't don't want to go hell, but I h-te them for their lies to the populace. Political puppets.
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Harmoneasy: 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
#VerySadOneHere
just imagining the derogatory remarks that would have emanated from folks sojourning in the west assuming this incidents took place in EDO STATE, i am not from Edo but una bad mouth and criticism go soon reach were GOD dey.
say no to tribalism
God Bless Nigeria..
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by drkay(m): 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
My wife left her car in the middle of the road and escaped with my son at brewery when the flood struck them. The flood has resolved and the traffic has gone down but She's insisting that she won't return there this night, based on what she witnessed. Its there in the middle of the road, I just pray nothing happen to it till tomorrow morning, I'm just confused.

1 Like

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
WETIN CAUSE FLOOD??
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
Oboy... this one serious o
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Teaser4(m): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
abiolaway....

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Olatoman(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
The flash flood caused a lot of destruction, and a lot of rancour in Abeokuta.
Came into Abk from Lag around 6, got a cab and didn't get home till 9. Why?
Flash floods cutting of some major link roads, like the cab I took several alternatives, and we were greeted with same news, eyipada, kosona.
From kuto to omida, tried Government house axis too.
Something needs to be done asap to refix and strengthen the bridges.
At least, thank God for the road network and interconnectivity.
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Sagay212: 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
I know all governors in nigeria are useless but amosun is number one when it comes to being useless and irresponsible

2 Likes

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 14, 2018
made4naija:
The terrifying moment a man and his car were swept away by flood, today, at Igbore bridge, Abeokuta, Ogun State

Watch video [url=the-terrifying-moment-a-man-and-his-car-were-swept-away-by-flood-today-video]HERE[/url]

Source : the-terrifying-moment-a-man-and-his-car-were-swept-away-by-flood-today-video

what is a flash flood?
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Hurbarogaybrell(m): 2:22am On Jul 14, 2018
Obaro Gabriel
Someone cannot experience rain in peace again
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by bluecircle470: 2:41am On Jul 14, 2018
My girl friend send me this:

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 7:45am On Jul 14, 2018
since i was born and brought up, it has never happen in Abeokuta precisely, more than 40years ago, it's just coincident
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by ebenezerolaiwola(m): 7:51am On Jul 14, 2018
WinningSun:
the whole of ogun state doesn't have drainage system. both on major road and street.

the disaster is yet to come.
You are very wrong, because i live there

1 Like

Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by Exponental(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2018
A 10mins drive took me 3hrs in the course of looking for an alternative route. All 5 alternatives were worse off.
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by jamjam1991(m): 10:25am On Jul 14, 2018
Writer94:

Stop joor, e dey Taraba undecided

Stop joor, e dey Taraba
so all the school una go no tell una say Na abeokuta is the capital of ijebu ode
Re: Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) by JavieCoentr: 7:33am On Feb 21, 2020
BennieRush:
OMG, that's terrible I hope that everything is now calm there and everybody is safe. I went through such a situation and it was a disaster. I was on my vacation in Venice winter 2019 and our house (we rented on airbnb) was flooded. I was terrible but we weren't scared. I and my wife entered a website with good tips about what to do when you have water damage in your house. Of course, first of all, we called the owner of the house and then started to accomplish all the tips from the video. Then we also called to water damage restoration services.
I had an almost similar situation but it had ended not as well as yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / How VIPs are violating flight restriction / Motor Accident Along Lokoja-Abuja Expressway (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.