Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Liverpool FC Signs Xherdan Shaqiri - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool FC Signs Xherdan Shaqiri (528 Views)

Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp 'furious' With Xherdan Shaqiri After Chelsea Loss / Why Did Xhaka & Shaqiri Celebrate By Making 'double Eagle' Signs Against Serbia? / Xherdan Shaqiri ‘hungry’ To Help Keep Stoke Up – Paul Lambert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool FC Signs Xherdan Shaqiri by Deyvid123(m): 12:42am On Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool have completed the signing of Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke City.
The Switzerland international put pen to paper on a long-term contract with the club at Melwood after completing a medical on Friday.

Speaking to Liverpoolfc.com shortly after sealing his switch to Anfield, Shaqiri said: “I’m very happy to be here. It’s a huge club with big history, big players and a fantastic coach. So I’m really glad and happy to be here.
“As a player you always want to be on the biggest stage in football. A few years ago I wanted to come too but it didn’t happen. I’m really happy that now I’m finally here. I want to improve myself too, I want to be with the best and I want to win titles. That’s what I’m here for.”

The 26-year-old moves to Liverpool having made 92 appearances across three seasons with Stoke.
Shaqiri, who has scored 21 goals in 74 games for his country and started all four of their 2018 World Cup matches, began his career with FC Basel and represented Bayern Munich for two-and-a-half years after joining the Bundesliga club in the summer of 2012.
Six months with Internazionale followed before he arrived in the Premier League with Stoke in August 2015.
Shaqiri won six league title medals during his time in Switzerland and Germany, as well as the 2012-13 Champions League with Bayern.

cc:lalasticlala
cc:mynd44
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307046-xherdan-shaqiri-liverpool-fc-transfer-complete

Re: Liverpool FC Signs Xherdan Shaqiri by Rayd502(m): 1:31am On Jul 14, 2018
Hardworking player,he will fit in...Good buy.

(1) (Reply)

Luka Modric Named UEFA Player Of The Year / Meet The Late Lecister City Owner., Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha / Super Eagles Left Back Jamilu Collins Moving To Stutgart (A Bundesliga Side)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.