Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) (747 Views)

Protesters Storm Shoprite, MTN Offices In Lugbe, Abuja Over Xenophobia (photos) / See How A Nigerian Man Was Dealt With After Alleged Failed Drug Deal (Photos) / Nigerian Man And Cameroonians Held In Iraq After Bad Business Deal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by Gistformant: 3:53am On Jul 14, 2018
GistMore.com

A consultant at a construction firm in Abuja, Abdulkareem Sheu, is cooling his heels in police custody in Abuja for shooting a car dealer in the head.

The 30-year-old reportedly shot the victim, Yakubu Ayuba, to evade payment in a car transaction between them.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that Sheu had bought a Volkswagen Passat car worth N2.5m from Ayuba sometime in April 2018 and paid N1.5m in cheque with a promise to pay the balance after delivering the vehicle to the owner in Kaduna.

Ayuba was said to have released the car to the suspect based on the previous successful transaction they had.

It was gathered that he returned from Kaduna two days later and went to pick Ayuba at his home, asking the victim to follow him to collect the balance.

He was said to have driven Ayuba to Minister Hill, Abuja, in a Mercedes Benz he brought from Kaduna around 7:00pm and parked on getting to a junction.

The Gombe State indigene suddenly brought out a pistol and shot Ayuba in the head at close range.

He was said to have abandoned the car and fled the scene while some passersby rushed the victim to a hospital where he was treated.

Operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team went after the suspect following a petition addressed to the IG, Ibrahim Idris.

The police said the N1.5m deposit made by the suspect later turned out to be a dud cheque as it was rejected upon presentation at the bank.

Sheu, in an interview with our correspondent during the week, owned up to the attempted murder, adding that he bought the gun he used to shoot Ayuba from a friend in Jos, Plateau State, while returning from Kaduna.

He said, “I am a consultant in Abuja. A friend of mine linked me to Ayuba sometime last year to buy a second-hand car. He did not have the car, so he took me to his colleague and I bought the car for N570,000. I paid instantly.

“In April 2018, I contacted him again for Passat CC and he ordered for the car from Lagos. We agreed on N2.5m and I gave him N1.5m cheque with a promise to give him N1m balance at the end of the month.

“I took the car to a man in Kaduna the following day. I exchanged it with a Mercedes Benz and the man gave me additional N200,000. On my way back from Kaduna, I stopped by at Jos to buy a locally-made pistol for N70,000 through a former classmate. When I got to Abuja, I went to pick Ayuba on April 14. I pretended that I wanted to pay him the N1m balance and took him to Minister Hill junction. I brought out the gun and shot him in the head.

“We started dragging with each other and the gun fell. He ran away with the car key, shouting for help. Some hoodlums descended on me and beat me up. They collected my phone and later freed me. I saw the Mercedes Benz at a nearby police station the next day and ran away. Two days after, I relocated to Gombe.

“I am already regretting what I did. I don’t know what came over me. I wanted to kill him so that he would not ask me about the money again.”

GIST BY GISTMORE
http://www.gistmore.com/consultant-shoots-car-dealer-abuja-n2-5m-deal

Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by Gistformant: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2018
cool
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 4:10am On Jul 14, 2018
Gistformant:
GistMore.com

GIST BY GISTMORE
http://www.gistmore.com/consultant-shoots-car-dealer-abuja-n2-5m-deal
just imagine,even the devil go dey fear naija guys way of doing evil。
initial payment ,dud check ,,balance ,gun to the head。
but the man go get odechi sha
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by HonAdeli(m): 4:16am On Jul 14, 2018
That consultant is crazy, death should be his sentence
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by GOFRONT(m): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2018
Car wen your money nor reach, u wan go buy.....

Now u wan use d guy life pay for the remaining balance
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by decatalyst(m): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2018
Reading the "statement" by the accuse even confused me more.

Can bloggers just slow down...write a comprehensive story that is well verified and proofread? undecided
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by Sharpbobo: 5:03am On Jul 14, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59am On Jul 14, 2018
Attempted murder is a Big crime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by meezynetwork(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2018
Attempted murder
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by PrincessB1(f): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2018
By trying to claim the money that doesnt belong to you, what comes to your mind is to annihilate an individual.

Wish the hand of the law grasp you well on this attempted murder case
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by Jabioro: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2018
Can you see why it difficult to trust an average Nigerian?
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by adecz: 7:47am On Jul 14, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

A desperately wicked lazy youth
who wants to flex without working.

But, the car dealer,
e be like say him head na bulletproof. grin grin grin

Thank God he survived.
Re: Consultant Shoots Car Dealer In Abuja Over N2.5m Deal (photos) by LexngtonSteele: 8:57am On Jul 14, 2018
The victim had a thick skull, thank God for that angry

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Just Returned From South Africa Seen Harassing By SARS In Ibadan. / Man, 28, Arrested As 40-year-old Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex / How Police Officer Was Murdered By Cultists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.