Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets (33363 Views)

A Man In Mufti Threatens To Kill A DPO In The Presence Of Other Policemen / Sars Officers Wearing Mufti Spotted Planking Young Guy At Limelight Hotel / Youths And SARS Clash In Umunze Anambra, People Feared Dead (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by lastempero: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2018
U banned only their uniforms,what about their attitudes?
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Billygee2u: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2018
greatman247:
SARS that are law breakers they will never adhere to that. SARS are useless
Stupid Armed Robbers Syndicate (SARS)
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Hotzone(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2018
What stringent law should be made to those that undermines police or malign a police officer even those with expired drivers license including those yahoo boys that rob banks and do ritual then acquire special plate number.
If I catch u for road doing any of the above, u must serve in penitentiary

Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by greatman247(m): 12:51pm On Jul 14, 2018
Billygee2u:

Stupid Armed Robbers Syndicate (SARS)

grin grin grin. You're so correct brother.
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by cytell56: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
lwise:
The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State command, Edgal Imohimi, yesterday gave a stern warning to policemen attached to divisions in the state to desist from wearing mufti bearing ‘SARS’ (Special Anti-Robbery Squad) while carrying out official duties. He threatened to sanction any policeman who violates the directive.

To march his words with action, Edgal said the two policemen, who allegedly assaulted a lawyer last week in Ikoyi area of Lagos, would be demoted in ranks, for wearing plain clothes to effect the arrest of the legal practitioner.

Egdal gave the warning at the third Stakeholders Security Meeting on Community Policing organised by the Area ‘D’ Command, Mushin, with the theme ‘Policing the community by the community’. He, however, said only certain policemen would be allowed to wear jackets with the inscriptions of their units on them.

https://guardian.ng/news/cp-bans-policemen-from-wearing-mufti-sars-jackets/

Na today!!!
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by manci(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2018
4601CE:
Only Lagos ?
Mtchww
is not enough or Lagos is now the federal government of Nigeria
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Preferito(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
[quote author=lwise post=69367104]

To match his words with action, Edgal said the two policemen, who allegedly assaulted a lawyer last week in Ikoyi area of Lagos, would be demoted in ranks, for wearing plain clothes to effect the arrest of the legal practitioner
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by systemz(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
How does this prevent their harassments of us
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by fakati(m): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2018
That should be extended to Abuja also Mpape to be precise

Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by BlueRayDick: 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
Those idiotsss are not complying. Go to ikeja along right now on Ur way to computer village u will see a white hilux with inscription: The Nigerian Police, Metro Patrol. It is filled with about 5 Officers wearing Mufty and a jacket with FSARS written on it.

Do we now say those ones are not aware of this new directive?
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by xxgig(m): 1:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
Special Armed Robbery Syndicate
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by SexytorresE(f): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
littlewonders:
What happened to the "banned in road blocks?"
What happened to bail is free?
What happened to the law of searching of citizens phones?
What happened to extortion on roadblocks?
What happened to contineous harrassment of citizens?
I can go on and on...

We only make laws on media, enforce the laws on media, struggle to tell us how they are working tirelessly with mere words. The truth still remains, Nothing works. Nigeria is a country without actions. More schools are opening for us to learn how to complain and make media-speaking and law making a project, and that ends the story.

If we want to stop this; let's do what is in "YOU" mind(you know better)

I weep
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by ehissi(m): 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
I dont understand? Are they rebanning the ban, or are they rebranding the ban nkwa? undecided

How many times them wan ban, this ban? The thing tire me oooh angry
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by tiwiex(m): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2018
littlewonders:
What happened to the "banned in road blocks?"
What happened to bail is free?
What happened to the law of searching of citizens phones?
What happened to extortion on roadblocks?
What happened to contineous harrassment of citizens?
I can go on and on...

We only make laws on media, enforce the laws on media, struggle to tell us how they are working tirelessly with mere words. The truth still remains, Nothing works. Nigeria is a country without actions. More schools are opening for us to learn how to complain and make media-speaking and law making a project, and that ends the story.

If we want to stop this; let's do what is in "YOU" mind(you know better)

This summarises the confusion. He, however, said only certain policemen would be allowed to wear jackets with the inscriptions of their units on them.

How do we identify the certain policemen? They would wear a tag with "CERTAIN" written on it? Sounds like the I belong to everybody and nobody statement.

1 Like

Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Buffalo2(m): 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2018
Whether they implement it or not, I am just happy that the young lawyer get justice at the end of the day. The slap he received no be here.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by darqly(m): 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
How about carrying assault rifles whilst wearing mufti, or looking like rebels? Went to a bank and saw a policeman decked in native attire casually lugging his AK as he strolled within the premises. How he expects to react in an emergency without hindrance from his village people is beyond me.
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Unrated900(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2018
I tire for this country,police men all the times see the man they use iron rod to break his leg,the viral video,we don’t want sars we want direct fsars who is after armed bandit and not molesting the peace of Nigerians.stupid goat sars
Re: Policemen Banned From Wearing Mufti And SARS Jackets by Boss347(m): 12:06am On Jul 16, 2018
I’ll always send them videos of any sars who violates the law

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Woman Who Killed & Dumped Her 4-Year-Old Daughter Inside Well In Benue / Hushpuppi’s Trial Suspended Till March 2021 / EFCC Arrests Eight Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.