Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja (1490 Views)

Twitter User Narrates How He Was Almost Robbed By Traffic Robbers In Lagos State / Nigerian Man Recounts How He Was Almost Robbed By Two Good Samaritans In Lagos / Lady Who Robbed US Bank With Cleavage On Display Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2018
I just want to share my experience, I hope we all learn 1 or 2 things from it.

So yesterday evening, I went to Eden garden around Utako (near Chida hotel) to watch their weekend show. I normally drive there before, but decided to trek as my house isn't far from the garden and also as a form of exercise. After the show ended by after 11pm, I then decided to trek back home. Unfortunately, I didn't expect what was to happen next.

On that long stretch of road from the Eden garden lies a mosque, hotel (Aneio hotel) and at the end is utako village. From the garden to the first corner is illuminated with street lights, from the corner to the last corner (to utako village) is pitched dark. Many people who stay at Abuja should know this location very well.

On approaching the mosque, walking of course with my earpiece and music playing to keep me entertained. I saw 2 people coming towards me, they were walking like ladies and we know olosho business thrives at night there. It was when I came close to them, I noticed they were guys. But it was too late, they stopped in front of me and requested I give them my phones, I was shocked, amazed and scared at d same time. It was then I noticed that I was practically the only one nearby and everywhere was dark. No vehicles were moving at that time. One wanted to hold my hand the to my back while the other collect my properties. I muzzled strength to release the hold and ran across d road to the mid section where I was caught by one of them. He pulled me to the ground, at that time my 2 phones were in my hands tight (samsung galaxy and iphone) . I shouted for them to leave me, and also for someone to help me as at that time cars were passing, but my shout fell to deaf ears. I was scared they might be holding a knife or even a gun, as ave heard stories especially on Nairaland where thieves stabbed or shot people for failing to the give them their phones. But it took God's grace and strength for me to stand up, I pushed one of dem to d ground, the other one grabbed my hand and was trying to draw the phones from my palm, but my watch fell down. Since it was dark, he thought it was d phone that fell down, as he bent down to pick it. I seize the opportunity to run, I noticed the closest place to light was back to the Eden garden side. I ran towards there only to meet their third accomplice from the front, he was shouting for me to stop and was charging towards me, while the other 2 were behind me. Something told me to throw my earpiece to the third guy, fortunately that was the trick as it helped me get passed him.

To cut the story short, when I got back to eden gardens, a security guy saw me runnin and panting, he asked if I was d one shouting earlier. I said yes, that 3 people wanted to rob me off my phones. He told me, they recently have cases of theft at nights around d area, and it's advisable not to bring expensive phone.

I thank GOD that I loss earpiece and watch worth about 7k instead of my 2 phones worth over 400k. It's a lesson, which won't happen again. I know it's an epistle, but u can share ur recent experience of theft or near stealing.

cc: Mods Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique. Please front page.

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by Alejoc(m): 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
Thank God you are alive to share the story.... They will meet the waterloo very soon!

3 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by blackboy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
Crime rate in Abuja is becoming something else. We thank God for your escape

2 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by undeniableGrace(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
I found this all too risky. Happy you came out alive to tell this

5 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by daviesblaze(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
sacrificed your life for 400k. nice gamble
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by ITbomb(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2018
11pm, you dey put earpiece dey waka down a dark street with iPhone and Samsung, then you come struggle with 3 robbers to save your phones

Is like something is wrong with you

6 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by demulepaul: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
ITbomb:
11pm, you dey put earpiece dey waka down a dark street with iPhone and Samsung, then you come struggle with 3 robbers to save your phones

something is very very wrong with the op

4 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2018
ITbomb:

Thank you broo. I admit it was a wrong move yesternyt, I usually frequent the garden and walked home numerous times at nite. No one would have experredit

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
daviesblaze:
sacrificed your life for 400k. nice gamble

So u sayin make I forget my investment.. shuuooo.. at least am alive with my phones
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2018
blackboy:

It's getting risky and dangerous in Abuja. I was born and Brought up here, and at the moment Abuja isn't safe. Many people trooping frm ODA states to abuja making the city crowded and dangerous

2 Likes

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by Bimmiie(f): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
demulepaul:
something is very very wrong with the op

grin
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by Pentools(m): 2:49pm On Aug 29, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
I just want to share my experience, I hope we all learn 1 or 2 things from it.

So yesterday evening, I went to Eden garden around Utako (near Chida hotel) to watch their weekend show. I normally drive there before, but decided to trek as my house isn't far from the garden and also as a form of exercise. After the show ended by after 11pm, I then decided to trek back home. Unfortunately, I didn't expect what was to happen next.

On that long stretch of road from the Eden garden lies a mosque, hotel (Aneio hotel) and at the end is utako village. From the garden to the first corner is illuminated with street lights, from the corner to the last corner (to utako village) is pitched dark. Many people who stay at Abuja should know this location very well.

On approaching the mosque, walking of course with my earpiece and music playing to keep me entertained. I saw 2 people coming towards me, they were walking like ladies and we know olosho business thrives at night there. It was when I came close to them, I noticed they were guys. But it was too late, they stopped in front of me and requested I give them my phones, I was shocked, amazed and scared at d same time. It was then I noticed that I was practically the only one nearby and everywhere was dark. No vehicles were moving at that time. One wanted to hold my hand the to my back while the other collect my properties. I muzzled strength to release the hold and ran across d road to the mid section where I was caught by one of them. He pulled me to the ground, at that time my 2 phones were in my hands tight (samsung galaxy and iphone) . I shouted for them to leave me, and also for someone to help me as at that time cars were passing, but my shout fell to deaf ears. I was scared they might be holding a knife or even a gun, as ave heard stories especially on Nairaland where thieves stabbed or shot people for failing to the give them their phones. But it took God's grace and strength for me to stand up, I pushed one of dem to d ground, the other one grabbed my hand and was trying to draw the phones from my palm, but my watch fell down. Since it was dark, he thought it was d phone that fell down, as he bent down to pick it. I seize the opportunity to run, I noticed the closest place to light was back to the Eden garden side. I ran towards there only to meet their third accomplice from the front, he was shouting for me to stop and was charging towards me, while the other 2 were behind me. Something told me to throw my earpiece to the third guy, fortunately that was the trick as it helped me get passed him.

To cut the story short, when I got back to eden gardens, a security guy saw me runnin and panting, he asked if I was d one shouting earlier. I said yes, that 3 people wanted to rob me off my phones. He told me, they recently have cases of theft at nights around d area, and it's advisable not to bring expensive phone.

I thank GOD that I loss earpiece and watch worth about 7k instead of my 2 phones worth over 400k. It's a lesson, which won't happen again. I know it's an epistle, but u can share ur recent experience of theft or near stealing.

cc: Mods Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique. Please front page.

Any house Dey vacant for that Utako you know of
A close friend of mine is in dare need of one and it should be around Utako. (A room selfcon preferably)
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2018
Pentools:

Any house Dey vacant for that Utako you know of
A close friend of mine is in dare need of one and it should be around Utako. (A room selfcon preferably)

House dey expensive ooo.. there's one I know, but it's around 400k
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by gaby(m): 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2018
Abuja don Bleep up finish..
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by Pentools(m): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

House dey expensive ooo.. there's one I know, but it's around 400k

No wahala once its spacious... How do I contact you?
Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by delzbaba(m): 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2018
don't struggle with low life criminals, no amount of phone is worth your life.

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by sharpwriter(m): 11:47pm On Aug 29, 2018
ITbomb:

No mind am, he thinks he is on the streets of London cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 30, 2018
DonFreshmoney:

It's getting risky and dangerous in Abuja. I was born and Brought up here, and at the moment Abuja isn't safe. Many people trooping frm ODA states to abuja making the city crowded and dangerous
What do you expect? The economy is fuked, people are broke even the rich are starting to get broke talk less of the ones that were already poor b4, the country is infested with poverty and poverty breeds crime and evil.

1 Like

Re: I Was Almost Robbed Yesternight At UTAKO, Abuja by anwilichukwu366: 4:33am On Aug 30, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Battery Powered Wifi CCTV Camera / Do You Believe In Money Rituals? / Gunmen In Three Trucks Burn Anambra INEC Headquarters, Attack Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.