Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

2014 Ekiti Election Rigging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging (732 Views)

Election Rigging In Kano Busted! Returning Officer Exposes Irregularities, Fraud / Nigerians Blast PDP For Politicising Buhari Statements On Election Rigging / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Meets Tinubu And Akande (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by RevenGeMission: 3:33am On Jul 16, 2018
Stop all these nonsense already , Since i have been hearing of elections and voting, especially gubernatorial elections , securrity forces are deployed to keep the peace, Ya'll acting like you got brain damage or amnesia

Fayose did his own rigging , even implicated Jonathan in their discussion, why are you people complaining ?

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/how-obanikoro-fayose-chris-uba-and-brig-general-momoh-rigged-ekiti-governorship-election

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/176345-full-transcript-leaked-tape-exposing-rigging-ekiti-election.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2SyPkk52w

/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/06/21/ekitidecides-fayemis-campaigndirector-
arrested-by-soldiers/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162758-ekiti-2014-violence-is-overriding-theme-of-gubernatorial-election.html

1 Like

Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by ITbomb(m): 5:51am On Jul 16, 2018
We are complaining because we voted for CHANGE to stop all those rubbish done during Jonathan time

It pains to see the same thing being done now

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2018
Look at this yeye OP that should be holding the leaders accountable for the CHANGE they promised coming here to yab rubbish undecided

You no dey shame! See Macron, see France undecided

Nigerians don't deserve the leaders we get, we are good people with few rotten ones such as OP

Until election is determined by a separate and independent entity devoid of any power that is or would be, we will continue to speak senses into your brain!

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by PassingShot(m): 6:21am On Jul 16, 2018
Only wailers and haters of PMB complain of rigging.

Ekitis who voted in the election are not complaining. Instead, they are rejoicing and celebrating openly. Many videos of this are on Youtube and FB.

Igbos and their fellows in the SW who thought that the Ekitis will vote for someone who has not paid any salary in 2018 and who insults and muzzles everyone who doesn't agree with him are surely sick upstairs.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2018
And if PDP has any evidence, photos or videos, to prove there was any rigging, let them present same to Nigeria and indeed the courts.

NONSENSE!
Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by obailala(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Look at this yeye OP that should be holding the leaders accountable for the CHANGE they promised coming here to yab rubbish undecided

You no dey shame! See Macron, see France undecided

Nigerians don't deserve the leaders we get, we are good people with few rotten ones such as OP

Until election is determined by a separate and independent entity devoid of any power that is or would be, we will continue to speak senses into your brain!

Rubbish!
Despite reports of both PDP and APC bribing and buying votes, I'm sure you would have approved of the result/conduct of the election had the PDP won. I even heard the PDP state government which is owing some workers over 6 months arrears suddenly remembered to credit the account of state workers with N3000 a day to election. I would imagine if that same PDP had won, a lot of 'patriots' like yourself wouldn't have been saying this.

Whilst we do not still have a good electoral process in Nigeria, the fact remains that there's an improvement from what was obtainable in the past where bizarre Abuja hand written results would be announced even when voters are still queuing under the sun. The entire Ekiti election by Nigerian standard passes as a peaceful, fair and smooth process. There were very minimal reports of police or government sponsored thugs harassing any voters unlike what we got in the recent past in the same state. If the only main issue in the election was the bribing of the electorate, then any objective person would agree this is an improvement from the past.
Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
obailala:
Despite reports of both PDP and APC bribing and buying votes, I'm sure you would have approved of the result/conduct of the election had the PDP won. I even heard the PDP state government which is owing some workers over 6 months arrears suddenly remembered to credit the account of state workers with N3000 a day to election. I would imagine if that same PDP had won, a lot of 'patriots' like yourself wouldn't have been saying this.

Whilst we do not still have a good electoral process in Nigeria, the fact remains that there's an improvement from what was obtainable in the past where bizarre Abuja hand written results would be announced even when voters are still queuing under the sun. The entire Ekiti election by Nigerian standard passes as a peaceful, fair and smooth process. There were very minimal reports of police or government sponsored thugs harassing any voters unlike what we got in the recent past in the same state. If the only main issue in the election was the bribing of the electorate, then any objective person would agree this is an improvement from the past.
I think you are economical with the truth!

This is the worst so far!

INEC is made up of either Buhari's relation, family or kinsmen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Common undecided

As for the election in Ekiti, I will say it again, I am not a member of "ANY POLITICAL PARTY" neither am I a fan to a "ONE PARTY SYSTEM" PDP tried it during OBJ era and we all agreed that it is not the best for our country!

What happened in Ekiti was an EYESORE! Why? If Fayemi had won in a free and fair election then there wouldn't be any problem!

Though highlighting the danger, we would have being a good sportsmen and women

There were several reports of an agent throwing acid on another while the security looked on and alot like That!

INEC, Security and APC party/agents did not address any of this undecided

APC is not different from PDP! Remind me again why was APC elected

1 Like

Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by obailala(m): 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

I think you are economical with the truth!

This is the worst so far!

INEC is made up of either Buhari's relation, family or kinsmen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Common undecided

As for the election in Ekiti, I will say it again, I am not a member of "ANY POLITICAL PARTY" neither am I a fan to a "ONE PARTY SYSTEM" PDP tried it during OBJ era and we all agreed that it is not the best for our country!

What happened in Ekiti was an EYESORE! Why? If Fayemi had won in a free and fair election then there wouldn't be any problem!

Though highlighting the danger, we would have being a good sportsmen and women

There were several reports of an agent throwing acid on another while the security looked on and alot like That!

INEC, Security and APC party/agents did not address any of this undecided

APC is not different from PDP! Remind me again why was APC elected
All I see here are emotional lamentations. What exactly makes this election worse than 2014?.. Can you substantiate that claim with any single evidence or do just you expect an emotional submission to be taken seriously?

Where were you in 2014 when hostile looking military men were used to flood the entire state? where were you when those military men were under the direct command of Fayose, a civilian who at the time wasnt even a government official?... Where were you when soldiers were used to intimidate both voters and election agents of other parties?... An election where top ranking members of other political parties were all banned from entering Ekiti state but top ranking members of PDP were allowed to come in to bribe and intimidate voters. Where were you when official electoral observers from other top parties were chased away from collating units by soldiers under the command of Fayose and the then minister for state for defense Obanikoro?... Where were you when even as the governor of the state then, Fayemi was teargased and prevented from leaving government house?... At the time, a damning audio recording of the meeting where Fayose and Obanikoro were threatening and embarrassing a Brigadier General to do their election thuggery was released by hacks and it was all dismissed by 'non-partisan' observers like yourself but you now think Saturday's election was worse than 2014's?... You can only point out acid being poured on one PDP person's hand as evidence that 2018 was worse than 2014? How ridiculous!

Money sharing and bag of rice sharing has always been the hallmark of Ekiti elections. In this election, both the PDP and APC were freely involved in voter bribing. But in 2014, air traffic was blocked for APC bigwigs, road traffic was blocked and the few APC agents who managed to step into the state were arrested and detained; only PDP agents were allowed to do their dirty voter bribery trade at the time and the PDP won of course. Since yesterday, with the kind of nonsense wailings, gnashing of teeth and cries of "democracy is dead" that have filled the air all because PDP lost in their own dubious game, one can only imagine what it could have been like if the APC had used the military to arrest, detain and prevent PDP politicians from sharing money to voters.

I know exactly what your response will be to this comment, that Nigerians voted change but electoral processes are being flawed. Oh yes that is a fact, but you don't have to be emotionally and sentimentally economical with the truth because a party you obviously detest won in the contest of two dubious parties. Claiming that the election of Saturday was worse than 2014 is a bloody lie; the 2014 election which brought in Fayose was the most embarrassing dictatorial rape of democratic electoral processes. If you still doubt it, this evening when I get home, I can dig up old threads on this forum, youtube videos and news report to prove that to you.
Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by RevenGeMission: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thank you very much
obailala:
All I see here are emotional lamentations. What exactly makes this election worse than 2014?.. Can you substantiate that claim with any single evidence or do just you expect an emotional submission to be taken seriously?

Where were you in 2014 when hostile looking military men were used to flood the entire state? where were you when those military men were under the direct command of Fayose, a civilian who at the time wasnt even a government official?... Where were you when soldiers were used to intimidate both voters and election agents of other parties?... An election where top ranking members of other political parties were all banned from entering Ekiti state but top ranking members of PDP were allowed to come in to bribe and intimidate voters. Where were you when official electoral observers from other top parties were chased away from collating units by soldiers under the command of Fayose and the then minister for state for defense Obanikoro?... Where were you when even as the governor of the state then, Fayemi was teargased and prevented from leaving government house?... At the time, a damning audio recording of the meeting where Fayose and Obanikoro were threatening and embarrassing a Brigadier General to do their election thuggery was released by hacks and it was all dismissed by 'non-partisan' observers like yourself but you now think Saturday's election was worse than 2014's?... You can only point out acid being poured on one PDP person's hand as evidence that 2018 was worse than 2014? How ridiculous!

Money sharing and bag of rice sharing has always been the hallmark of Ekiti elections. In this election, both the PDP and APC were freely involved in voter bribing. But in 2014, air traffic was blocked for APC bigwigs, road traffic was blocked and the few APC agents who managed to step into the state were arrested and detained; only PDP agents were allowed to do their dirty voter bribery trade at the time and the PDP won of course. Since yesterday, with the kind of nonsense wailings, gnashing of teeth and cries of "democracy is dead" that have filled the air all because PDP lost in their own dubious game, one can only imagine what it could have been like if the APC had used the military to arrest, detain and prevent PDP politicians from sharing money to voters.

I know exactly what your response will be to this comment, that Nigerians voted change but electoral processes are being flawed. Oh yes that is a fact, but you don't have to be emotionally and sentimentally economical with the truth because a party you obviously detest won in the contest of two dubious parties. Claiming that the election of Saturday was worse than 2014 is a bloody lie; the 2014 election which brought in Fayose was the most embarrassing dictatorial rape of democratic electoral processes. If you still doubt it, this evening when I get home, I can dig up old threads on this forum, youtube videos and news report to prove that to you.
Re: 2014 Ekiti Election Rigging by Princejazzy: 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
My people, ekiti state election is a pay back to the PDP . They easily forgot that they rigged the 2014 election against Fayemi the then incumbent governor with all the federal machineries.
After all the 16 years of PDP all they thought us is how to rig elections and how to loot our nation's Treasury.
Whether they like it or not, Dr Fayemi is the Governor elect of ekiti state. They should accept the results in good faith.

(1) (Reply)

Olujimi Replaces Akpabio As Senate Minority Leader / Engr. Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan To Declare His Gubernatorial Aspiration. / Troops Celebrate Eid At The Front Line (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.