Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue (1045 Views)

Imagine What I Got From Mtn Again After Countlessly Registering My Sim / God Don Catch MTN Again, How To Start Night Call As Early At 8.00PM / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by ladoma(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2010
i bought a piece of shit called mtn sim line last year.my bank e-alert,my pension alert/balance account and insurance e-transact were all connected to the line in addition to other personal contact and data.
Then ,the wahala started when i travelled out of nigeria for 6 months on national assignment, only to discover that my line has been sold to someone else,who is now recieving all this vital personal information of mine on the line.i have a sim certificate for the line and i have never reported it stolen because it wasnt.my contacts who were not aware then,sent important personal information to this number not knowing the line has been sold to someone else. pls i need advise.any lawyer in the house.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by dominique(f): 9:06pm On Jun 12, 2010
have you complained to them.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by puskin: 12:02am On Jun 13, 2010
Ok. . . . .so U haven't read the terms and conditions of buying an MTN SIM.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by engrhamid(m): 3:19am On Jun 13, 2010
ladoma:

pls i need advise.any lawyer in the house.
honourable sule should handle that!
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 4:57am On Jun 13, 2010
the term and codition is for 90days which is more than 6month.i dont tink a lawyer will do.you better divert all those alert and buy a new
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by aieromon(m): 5:33am On Jun 13, 2010
No lawyer can help you out on this one - Any sim card inactive for a period of 90 days will be deactivated.You could have made use of their roaming services or better still diverted the calls to your international number.Sorry for the medicine after death.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by mavtrevor(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2010
you cant sue,
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by hayprof(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2010
or rather, u should av deactivated the line for your away period !

Better luck next time! wink
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by ladoma(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
but u guys dont seem to get it.its like buying a car from honda place .you are given the papers for the car,in this case sim certificate.and then one day honda sold your car to someone else because you parked it for some time without using,not minding that the document of the car is with you.Then one may ask,of what use is the sim certificate.I cant remember signing with mtn anywhere that the card is on loan to me.yes,they can withdraw the service but definitely THEY CANNOT RESOLD MY LINE. i stand to be corrected.see it from that angle.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by aieromon(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
No need to raise an unnecessary argument - its all there in the fineprint.
You voided the agreement as stated in the T&C.Whatever they decide to do with the number is nobody's business.You do realise that they are a profit-making organisation.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by puskin: 1:06am On Jun 15, 2010
. . . . come this poster. . . .U still dey here dey make noise concerning ya number. undecided undecided

Ok. . . U wan hear am from my mouth shey . . . . oya go sue MTN!!!!!!
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by semid4lyfe(m): 1:30am On Jun 15, 2010
puskin:

. . . . come this poster. . . .U still dey here dey make noise concerning ya number. undecided undecided

Ok. . . U wan hear am from my mouth shey . . . . oya go sue MTN!!!!!!

Abeg leave am make im sue. One lucky lawyer go just open office on top im head grin
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by Bossman(m): 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
Yep. It's 90 days. I found otu the hard way myself. I may have read somewhere that it's 180 days. But it's certainly not the latter.
Re: Yes-mtn Again.i Need Advice To Sue Or Not To Sue by kulex2k1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
Oga go read terms and conditions of use its right there on d sim pack. u come here dey talk sue!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Assist I Cannot Browse With Bold 3 And I Dont Want To Do BIS Yet / Nokia 302 / [Update] BBM For iOS Will Not Be Available For Ipad, Ipad Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.